“How Republicans are born.”

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Magoo, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

http://www.miamiherald.com/opinion/opn-columns-blogs/leonard-pitts-jr/article158531204.html

Grover Norquist, the anti-tax crusader, was on Twitter Sunday, recounting how his 8-year-old “has been saving up to buy her first Guitar. Found it for $35. She had 35 exact. Then … sales tax.”

If he could, one suspects Norquist would have accompanied the last two words with scary music. Say, the shark theme from “Jaws” or the shower music from “Psycho.”

“Everybody run! It’s … it’s … the sales tax!

The twitterverse, as you might expect, was only too happy to point out the obvious to Norquist and his traumatized daughter. Namely, that the tax on her guitar — that princely $2 and change — helps pay for the road over which the guitar traveled to the store. And the police who defend the store from being robbed. And the firefighters who respond if it catches fire. And, in whole or in part, the school where Norquist’s daughter learned to count to 35 in the first place.

Kellyanne Conway opined that those who lose their Medicaid “can always get jobs.”

Which will doubtless surprise many low-income workers who depend on it. They thought they already had jobs, albeit jobs that don’t offer health insurance.

A woman on Twitter asked what will happen to her son “born at 26 weeks with a serious heart condition.” Another woman replied: “Sorry about your son, but what would he have done 200 years ago things are much better but nothing is promised to anyone.”

“Sorry about your son.”

There is something chilling about that dismissal, something deeply selfish and antithetical to a nation founded upon an ideal of individual human worth. One is reminded of a Springsteen song: “We Take of Our Own.”

But do we still believe that? Or are we now a nation where we only take care of ourselves?

“Sorry about your son?!”

No. That’s not good enough.

Cerberus_Kelpie and pilot87 like this.
  2. Magoo

Brooks: The GOP rejects conservatism
    http://headlinesnetwork.com/article...ion/20170627/brooks-gop-rejects-conservatism/

ASPEN, Colo. - There is a structural flaw in modern capitalism. Tremendous income gains are going to those in the top 20 percent, but prospects are diminishing for those in the middle and working classes. This gigantic trend widens inequality, exacerbates social segmentation, fuels distrust and led to Donald Trump.

Conservative intellectuals were slow to understand the seriousness of this structural problem, but over the past few years they have begun to grapple with the consequences. Basically, many conservative intellectuals have come to terms with income redistribution.

Conservative income redistribution doesn't look like liberal redistribution. Conservatives tend to like their redistribution done at the local level, and they like to use market-friendly mechanisms, like child tax credits, mobility vouchers and wage subsidies. But the intent is the same: to give those who are struggling more security and opportunity.

Conservative redistribution extends to health care. Over the past several years many plans have emerged from the various right-leaning thinking tanks that imagine consumer-driven health care that also has universal or near universal coverage.

Republican politicians could have picked up one of these plans when they set out to repeal Obamacare. They could have created a better system that did not punish the poor. But there are two crucial differences between the conservative policy johnnies and Republican politicians.

First, conservative policy intellectuals tend to have accepted the fact that American society is coming apart and that measures need to be taken to assist the working class. Republican politicians show no awareness of this fact.

Second, conservative writers and intellectuals have a vision for how they want American society to be in the 21st century. Republican politicians have a vision of how they want American government to be in the 21st century.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like this part:

I have been trying to think about the underlying mentality that now governs the Republican political class. The best I can do is the atomistic

new word ( composed of many simple elements; also: characterized by or resulting from division into unconnected or antagonistic fragments an atomistic society)

-mentality described by Alexis de Tocqueville long ago:

"They owe nothing to any man, they expect nothing from any man; they acquire the habit of always considering themselves as standing alone, and they are apt to imagine that their whole destiny is in their own hands.

"Thus not only does democracy make every man forget his ancestors, but it hides his descendants and separates his contemporaries from him; it throws him back forever upon himself alone and threatens in the end to confine him entirely within the solitude of his own heart."

pilot87 likes this.
  3. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

Both my sons joined the Rep party this summer
    1st real jobs
    1st real paychecks
    1st time they watch 1/3 of their money vanish

guess what 30 years ago, it probably would have been sorry
    however today, due to great medical advances (God bless Capitalism) that child can be saved and the insurance doesn't save him the doctors do

4. Magoo

As we know Hospitals must give aid in life threatening situations.
    However if what ails you won't kill you today say it might take 2 more weeks to do you in, they aren't responsible.

The medications you might need to lead a normal life is not their problems.
    They may give you a prescription but filling it is up to you.

pilot87 likes this.
  5. Bubba74

guess what in England and Canada and a lot of places with single payer you wait much much longer

don't get sick towards the end of their fiscal year, no money left

SAC75, Northern Flash and jimmy g like this.
  6. Magoo

I wait two weeks to see my Doctor.
    We need more Doctors is what the problem is

7. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

Hundreds of thousands of republicans were born when these two got together.

[​IMG]

kantgetryte and Keepingon like this.
  8. Bubba74

so the left solution
    make it unadvantagous to become a doctor
    take away salary
    make them take less for services
    force them to treat patients

13th amendment:
    Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction

not going to get more doctors that way
    plus the amounts of money that left winged Big Ed charges

9. Magoo

Medicare has a set reimbursement scheduled, insurance company's are well aware what those numbers are.
    If the doctors feel its not enough they are free to only accept cash paying customers.
    They can open up a pill mill.

It's the way it is already, not because of liberals.

In Europe Medical school is free. Students don't rack up a quarter million in student loans.
    They make good money but not the kind of money hedge fund mangers make.

It's not the kind of job you should go into just for the money

pilot87 likes this.
  10. Bart

Bart Well-Known Member

So you go to a doctors office and they have one doctor and twenty people doing paperwork! Can you see the problem now crybaby?

SAC75, Northern Flash and kboomarang like this.
  11. Magoo

12. Toby

Toby Well-Known Member

You should include a title "How Leftist Democrats are indoctrinated "

13. Bart

Bart Well-Known Member

14. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

We HAD more doctors. Obama care chased many out of their chosen profession.

Bubba74 and Northern Flash like this.
  15. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Under Single Payer, paying cash is outlawed. That was proposed to be under OCare too, in the beginning.

16. clydesdale

clydesdale Active Member

if I could of been elected again I..I...I...I could of NUTRELIZED the United States!!! wtf

17. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

What encouragement is there for more people to go into medicine, when Obama's policies get to control how much money each doctor makes, versus letting the free market and their ambition make that determination?

jimmy g likes this.
  18. Northern Flash

If we go single payer, you will be waiting for months, not weeks. Anyone who is in favor of single payer is either oblivious to what socialized medicine has done around the world, or they are just plain stupid.

SAC75 and jimmy g like this.
  19. Northern Flash

Exactly. I've heard of several doctors complaining that that is what it has evolved into. They can't spend enough time with their patients because they are too busy filling out Govt. paperwork.
    Nearly everything the Govt. touches goes to :shit:, and health care is no different.

jimmy g and Bart like this.
  20. Northern Flash

I have to just shake my head when I hear someone defending Obamacare and single payer, when they themselves are not affected by it in any way.
    Shameful.