Yellow | “Necessity is the mother of all invention".......and so is a new law.

We have one with the bluetooth.... well to put simple .... it sucks!!! The person on the other end cannot hear you and it sounds funny. I have the bluetooth in my new GMC and it works great.... but in a big truck there is way too much background noise.

Blue Parrott, Jabra, Blue Ant are some to look at.
They cancel out the background noise and have the volume to make old ears new again.

No one can hear me on my Blue Ant. Moved it all around cab, wrapped it in foam- finally taped a drinking straw from mic hole thru foam toward my mouth. Still noisy.

Won't matter if latest proposal goes thru- they even want handsfree banned

How long ago did you have jawbone? I talk to this guy a bit and can hear him well. This law, along with some common sense is sending me shopping for a blue tooth set up and right now I'm leaning towards jawbone on my experience with him.

What are the prices like on the above mentioned blue tooths? Price will be important as I don't talk on my cell too much. But cheap is no good if it doesn't work at all. The background noise associated with trucks seems to be a tough obstacle for these companies to overcome.

ABFer I am going to say 5 years ago. I am not exactly sure, it has been awhile. Could have had something to do with the trucks I drove. I just know I had a lot of complaints.

Blue parrot is amazing!
noise free and actually a huge improvement on any phone I have used.
Also has volume controls right on the headset that are super easy and VERY accesable.
Price is from 75 to 120 depending on where you purchase so shop around.
This headset also offers a great guarantee and it is honored without any hassle should you have a problem.

Volvo Trucks Offers Bluetooth as Standard | Transport Topics Online | Trucking, Freight Transportation and Logistics News
Volvo Trucks in North America announced on Monday that it will now offer its Bluetooth-equipped radio as standard equipment on all VN and VHD models.

The move comes in advance of the federal ban on commercial drivers’ use of hand-held mobile devices while driving, which goes into effect in early January.

Volvo said its standard Bluetooth package includes a radio unit, a microphone mounted in the overhead console and audio delivered through the truck’s speaker system.

The design allows drivers to view incoming and outgoing call information on the vehicle’s driver information display, the company said. The radio also features AM, FM, CD and MP3 capabilities.

This bluetooth is through the radio.... It sucks in the Volvo. I have a Jawbone it works a 100% better. I didn't think you guys understood that the bluetooth was through the radio... it's a good idea and works well in quiet vehicles like my new pickup not a noisy Volvo.

I heard that Santa's bringing me a Jawbone for Christmas. If the rumor is true I'll post my review of the product.