ABF | “No Givebacks!” ABF Bargaining opens

Well…if it’s not our friendly neighborhood troll coming back for another visit…Hi…how are you doing Joe? Right back at you good buddy!

My top pick: Arkansas Best

I've singled out Arkansas Best on a few occasions now because of its incredibly low valuation relative to its peers (just nine times forward earnings) and its ability to pass along price increases to its customers while its larger peers have struggled to do the same. Furthermore, the addition of Panther Expedited in June for $181 million should improve its logistics operations drastically and aid in its efforts to keep costs down. Finally, of Arkansas Best's team of 11 executives, all but two have been with the company for less than 10 years. Cohesive management teams are what create great companies, and I feel Arkansas Best could be in line for a big rebound in 2013.

The company I'd avoid: YRC Worldwide (Nasdaq: YRCW )

3 Sectors Poised for a Big Rebound in 2013: Part 1 (ABFS, FDX, HTLD, JBHT, MRTN, YRCW)

Quote: Furthermore, the addition of Panther Expedited in June for $181 million should improve its logistics operations drastically and aid in its efforts to keep costs down.
Hmmmmm-1.gif

YRC equity score..
file.png
almost twice that of ABF score

What a jackass.
Peed myself laughing here.
keep laughing..you're a joke

Thanks for the best wishes and words of encouragement cryotruck and we're all hoping for a contract that we all can be proud of.
Well...I'm hoping that Judy won't be as proud as we are when it's all said and done.

Quote: Furthermore, the addition of Panther Expedited in June for $181 million should improve its logistics operations drastically and aid in its efforts to keep costs down.
Hmmmmm-1.gif

YRC equity score..
file.png
almost twice that of ABF score

keep laughing..you're a joke

Well if it's not Mr. Negativity Hope you are getting ready for Christmas dinner at muler's house, or was it docker's house this time, I just can't seem to remember where your going first? Don't believe for a second ABF is in as bad a shape as you are portraying, It is contract time, and this is what company's do. I believe we will end up with a good contract that will not have big cuts at all. I also think YRCW will sign a me to contract in 2015 if they are still around.

Just a tad bit jealous...are we Joe?

Hmmmmm-1.gif

Hello, may I know your name in Chinese..does anybody understand English? May I ask how the acquisition of Panther Expedited improves ABF's logistics operations drastically and aid in its efforts to keep costs down?

Hmmmmm-1.gif

Hello, may I know your name in Chinese..does anybody understand English? May I ask how the acquisition of Panther Expedited improves ABF's logistics operations drastically and aid in its efforts to keep costs down?
One way would be is give panther our hot shipments instead of outsourcing them....

Hmmmmm-1.gif

You sure may ask Joe...although I doubt very much that you will understand...but since you asked nicely...here you go:

Panther Expedited is an “excellent strategic fit” for Arkansas Best as it works to offer end-to-end logistics solutions, said President and CEO Judy R. McReynolds.

“We are very enthusiastic about this unique transaction, which met all of our criteria for growth among many options we analyzed for several years,” she said.

The acquisition will push the Fort Smith, Ark.-based holding company beyond the $2 billion revenue mark in 2012 and accelerate Arkansas Best’s diversification.

“With Panther operating as a sister company to ABF Freight, our core LTL business, we are better positioned to serve as a premier one-source logistics partner.”

The acquisition combines two radically different types of transport operator in one portfolio.

ABF is a unionized carrier with about 10,000 employees, mostly Teamsters, that moves palletized freight on a scheduled basis through its terminal network.

The carrier, founded in 1923, is the sixth-largest U.S. LTL carrier, according to SJ Consulting Group data, ranked just below Old Dominion Freight Line.

Panther, founded in 1992, provides door-to-door service through a network of 5,000 ground and air line-haul carriers, all independent contractors.

Arkansas Best Buys Panther Expedited for $180 Million | Journal of Commerce