ABF | “No Givebacks!”: ABF Bargaining to Start

In case you haven't heard ABF did get a break in the pension at our expense. The 8% annual increase has been discontinued and they did not have to pay the 65 cents an hour into the funds. This saves ABF roughly 15 to 18 MILLION A YEAR. They have taken relief from the pension funds and that is that. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

I wasn't aware of that until recently, but I'm not really talking about ceasing increases to the pension contributions, I'm talking about solving the pension issues... the legislation that is in process to reduce the burden on remaining companies in multi-employer funds.

If that 8% contribution increase does save ABF 15 to 18 million a year, and they still BARELY made a profit last quarter... that doesn't make me confident with the future for the company. I hope some mutually beneficial terms can be reached on this next contract. ABF needs to save $ big time. Employees need to make a decent wage and have fair benefits. I think a big chunk of it is figuring out the pension in a way that makes sense and doesn't burden anyone unfairly.

I wasn't aware of that until recently, but I'm not really talking about ceasing increases to the pension contributions, I'm talking about solving the pension issues... the legislation that is in process to reduce the burden on remaining companies in multi-employer funds.

If that 8% contribution increase does save ABF 15 to 18 million a year, and they still BARELY made a profit last quarter... that doesn't make me confident with the future for the company. I hope some mutually beneficial terms can be reached on this next contract. ABF needs to save $ big time. Employees need to make a decent wage and have fair benefits. I think a big chunk of it is figuring out the pension in a way that makes sense and doesn't burden anyone unfairly.
Regardless of who your employer is, multi employer pension fund, reform is critical.
BTW NPR rules!

I'm talking about solving the pension issues... the legislation that is in process to reduce the burden on remaining companies in multi-employer funds.
I think a big chunk of it is figuring out the pension in a way that makes sense and doesn't burden anyone unfairly.

Do the math. Nothing reduces the odds of that happening. 2-2=Zero

Regardless of who your employer is, multi employer pension fund, reform is critical.
BTW NPR rules!
This is not a slam at you. But when are you all going to ask that those that lost BILLIONS of our dollars be held accountable for it? The problem with the MEPF is that BILLIONS were lost by questionable investing practices and none of you ever question this WHY?

This is not a slam at you. But when are you all going to ask that those that lost BILLIONS of our dollars be held accountable for it? The problem with the MEPF is that BILLIONS were lost by questionable investing practices and none of you ever question this WHY?

Muler, you point a lot of fingers at who you perceive as wrongdoers..the IBT, Hoffa, TJ, the trustees at CSPF, YRC, etc. Why do you never bash ABF management for not paying into the pension or the concessions in the West of the evil they have not spoken of yet coming your way?

You know Joe you can't blame ABF, they can't do anything without being allowed too. Joe who allowed them the concessions in the west, it is the IBT.

You know Joe you can't blame ABF, they can't do anything without being allowed too. Joe who allowed them the concessions in the west, it is the IBT.

That's the whole point. What can the IBT do about it? Put a gun to their head? Shut them down? What do you want the IBT to do about it? The IBT allows nothing. ABF teamsters are allowing it. Face it. Don't blame anyone but you..the ABF teamsters. Make it happen brother. Do what you gotta do. No givebacks whatsoever

The financial losses are water under the bridge. Was there criminal liability, I doubt it. However the core issue is what can done NOW.

Muler, you point a lot of fingers at who you perceive as wrongdoers..the IBT, Hoffa, TJ, the trustees at CSPF, YRC, etc. Why do you never bash ABF management for not paying into the pension or the concessions in the West of the evil they have not spoken of yet coming your way?
joe I will once and for all tell you why you have gotten so much leeway on our forum. I have read many of your post not once have you ever talked of a friend. You are on here all hours of the day and night. You are never gone for more than a day.(Unless you are serving a BAN) You never speak of being a proud grandparent or husband or father EVER! So when I read your post I see a man that appears to have no real friends and who has only a keyboard for a friend. You always try to rub even the nicest poster the wrong way. You seem to place those who do the most harm to others on pedestals. I think you have issues that show up in your post. Not many if any in this forum takes you seriously Now one might think I was putting you down BUT I AM NOT! I feel sorry for you it appears you are a lonely lonely person. You have never even said one kind word about anyone you ever worked with. I believe these sites are your only means of having any kind of conversation with the outside world. I will admit at times you go to far but just look at what you have to do for attention. You call others names and I see that as a cry for someone to notice little joey. I have given you plenty of attention trying to help you but still you stay in front of your computer day after day and still no mention of any friends. Would you like for Docker and I to take a little vacation time and come and let you call us your friends? I just call them as I see them and you aching for a friend somehow fantasize that hoffa and johnson are your friends. But they are not it is just your imagination. I will keep calling them as I see them and you well just keep trying. YOUR ROOTING FOR YOU A FRIEND BROTHER ALWAYS!

joe I will once and for all tell you why you have gotten so much leeway on our forum. I have read many of your post not once have you ever talked of a friend. You are on here all hours of the day and night. You are never gone for more than a day.(Unless you are serving a BAN) You never speak of being a proud grandparent or husband or father EVER! So when I read your post I see a man that appears to have no real friends and who has only a keyboard for a friend. You always try to rub even the nicest poster the wrong way. You seem to place those who do the most harm to others on pedestals. I think you have issues that show up in your post. Not many if any in this forum takes you seriously Now one might think I was putting you down BUT I AM NOT! I feel sorry for you it appears you are a lonely lonely person. You have never even said one kind word about anyone you ever worked with. I believe these sites are your only means of having any kind of conversation with the outside world. I will admit at times you go to far but just look at what you have to do for attention. You call others names and I see that as a cry for someone to notice little joey. I have given you plenty of attention trying to help you but still you stay in front of your computer day after day and still no mention of any friends. Would you like for Docker and I to take a little vacation time and come and let you call us your friends? I just call them as I see them and you aching for a friend somehow fantasize that hoffa and johnson are your friends. But they are not it is just your imagination. I will keep calling them as I see them and you well just keep trying. YOUR ROOTING FOR YOU A FRIEND BROTHER ALWAYS!

Now that is funny I don't care who you are LOL. Muler are you and Docker going to invite him over for Christmas and New Years just so he don't have to play alone on those days?

Now that is funny I don't care who you are LOL. Muler are you and Docker going to invite him over for Christmas and New Years just so he don't have to play alone on those days?

We decided it's off to Muler's house for Christmas and mine for New Years. How about it Papajohn...are you open for Easter?

joe I will once and for all tell you why you have gotten so much leeway on our forum. I have read many of your post not once have you ever talked of a friend. You are on here all hours of the day and night. You are never gone for more than a day.(Unless you are serving a BAN) You never speak of being a proud grandparent or husband or father EVER!
Well what do we have here but a disgruntled muler, may I ask what brought on this burst of venting. Was it something I said?:hysterical: I got it all, muler. Friends, family, all the toys. This ain't Facebook muler. This is venting, spewing, rage and criticizing. That's why we're here muler. That's what I do..who I am..a critic..a 2%-er
ZHsJ2FRI2sQT0CQUU2FXJ9vr2F05HM.gif
In response to your complaint please go to reportyourcomplaint.com/

You're saying I'm an excessive poster? You and Docker got me beat 10-1 and you both work so cut the malarkey..at any given time day or night you or he has 3-4 threads working. Bashing the IBT seems to be an ABF thing. I hear they lied to you? Not really sure what the lie was. Maybe it's when the IBT agreed to let ABF use purchased transportation and struck a deal in the event of a YRC shutdown that you felt you should of had a vote on? A YRC shutdown would have dragged you down too if you were not adequately staffed. Call TJ and junior and thank them..why don't you?. I'm gonna watch a little TV now muler..good bye

coffee1-1.gif

Ok I will take him for Easter, hey ABFer are you up for Memorial day
Sure thing, I'll have him for Memorial Day. The pool will be open and the concrete boots will be awaiting.

Well what do we have here but a disgruntled muler, may I ask what brought on this burst of venting. Was it something I said?:hysterical: I got it all, muler. Friends, family, all the toys. This ain't Facebook muler. This is venting, spewing, rage and criticizing. That's why we're here muler. That's what I do..who I am..a critic..a 2%-er
ZHsJ2FRI2sQT0CQUU2FXJ9vr2F05HM.gif
In response to your complaint please go to reportyourcomplaint.com/

You're saying I'm an excessive poster? You and Docker got me beat 10-1 and you both work so cut the malarkey..at any given time day or night you or he has 3-4 threads working. Bashing the IBT seems to be an ABF thing. I hear they lied to you? Not really sure what the lie was. Maybe it's when the IBT agreed to let ABF use purchased transportation and struck a deal in the event of a YRC shutdown that you felt you should of had a vote on? A YRC shutdown would have dragged you down too if you were not adequately staffed. Call TJ and junior and thank them..why don't you?. I'm gonna watch a little TV now muler..good bye

coffee1-1.gif
I'm here joe, You see that is how friends are. I see by your post that you are reaching out for someone. WE ARE HERE! You don't have to start the yrc invisible turmoil illusion I understand. And your defending hoffa and as you call him tj as friends it is sad but we will help you. I see one positive thing already. Brother ABF Teamsters reaching out and offering you their time and homes for the holidays. I remember when you BRAGGED of your new flat screen TV. I would have wished you had bragged of a friend or relative but a TV is a start. But remember those people you see on that TV are not real friends they are actors. But yeah if you think Richard Simmons is really asking you personally to get up off that couch and put your blow up doll friend down and exercise then so be it but don't over do it. I think there might be a friends for joe club in the future. We could all post our favorite memories of our wonderful encounters with you over the years. Like the time you remember when you BRAGGED about buying all that yrcw stock and how we would all regret now listening to you. Then when they had that 300 to one reverse split and you lost it all. We were there for you then. Or when you said that the ABF BEG BACK would pass because we did not have the BALLS to say no. WE are still here for you. Through all this we have been here for you. But I have not seen your imaginary friends hoffa and tj here comforting you when you fall on your face. I hope you are beginning to see where your true friends are. I say I am not only a friends for joey member I am the PRESIDENT! So joe my friend BE ALL YOU CAN! YOUR BROTHER FRIEND ALWAYS!

Call TJ and junior and thank them..why don't you?.

Why...I'm sure that you make that call all the time which more than makes up for everybody...after all...they got your fellow YRC Teamsters sacrificing to pay for your hero Billy Boy's screw up...didn't they?

That's right...you're retired now...so the hell with your fellow Brothers that are still working at YRC...as long as it's not you that has to do the sacrificing...right?

Now...go watch your TV!