ABF | “No Givebacks!”: ABF Bargaining to Start

Why...I'm sure that you make that call all the time which more than makes up for everybody...after all...they got your fellow YRC Teamsters sacrificing to pay for your hero Billy Boy's screw up...didn't they?

That's right...you're retired now...so the hell with your fellow Brothers that are still working at YRC...as long as it's not you that has to do the sacrificing...right?

Now...go watch your TV!

I think this is why they have rubber rooms with padded walls, and no sharp objects. only problem they gave him a keyboard to play with lol

I think this is why they have rubber rooms with padded walls, and no sharp objects. only problem they gave him a keyboard to play with lol

If I was in charge of that mental institution...I would be replacing that keyboard with this one:

number-keyboard-486.jpg

Then have my camera ready...because that would definitely be a Kodak moment...lol

Why...I'm sure that you make that call all the time which more than makes up for everybody...after all...they got your fellow YRC Teamsters sacrificing to pay for your hero Billy Boy's screw up...didn't they?

That's right...you're retired now...so the hell with your fellow Brothers that are still working at YRC...as long as it's not you that has to do the sacrificing...right?

Now...go watch your TV!

Hoffa and TJ..thank you for the good years. I was a poor boy you made me strong. I was able to pay for two weddings and two colleges for my daughters. Thank you for never being late depositing the big check in my checking account. Oh! And thank you for keeping my brothers at YRC in da game, bro. They got more hands to play out. The game ain't over.

Hoffa and TJ..thank you for the good years. I was a poor boy you made me strong. I was able to pay for two weddings and two colleges for my daughters. Thank you for never being late depositing the big check in my checking account. Oh! And thank you for keeping my brothers at YRC in da game, bro. They got more hands to play out. The game ain't over.

A CRY FOR HELP! WE ARE HERE JOE!
A lonely person will do almost anything for attention. Such as talking about imaginary friends. So please assist joey in his hour of need. I am here Brother talk to me.

Hoffa and TJ..thank you for the good years. I was a poor boy you made me strong. I was able to pay for two weddings and two colleges for my daughters. Thank you for never being late depositing the big check in my checking account. Oh! And thank you for keeping my brothers at YRC in da game, bro.

See...don't you feel better? Now...you can go watch TV and don't worry...we are working on getting the final details together so you can finally experience what it's like to be around friends for the holiday. We already got you covered for Christmas...New Years (a big sacrifice there)...Easter and Memorial Day. And that was an accomplishment considering what we had to work with.

See...don't you feel better? Now...you can go watch TV and don't worry...we are working on getting the final details together so you can finally experience what it's like to be around friends for the holiday. We already got you covered for Christmas...New Years (a big sacrifice there)...Easter and Memorial Day. And that was an accomplishment considering what we had to work with.

Spend a holiday with you? hell no! that's freaken insane! fuhgeddaboudit!

Do you see that Docker? He is coming around there is one less O in the word no. We are here joe.

I see that Muler...kind of hurts a little...but I must continue on with the plans anyway...after all...I'm only looking out for his best interests. Boy...that sounds familiar...where else have I heard that saying?

You should be ashamed of yourself for leaving out the real man/men who put the bread on your table for all those years. Hoffa and TJ are the latecomers under who's reign our jobs have gone to hell.
He had that Dragon speak software but his speech was so bad it wouldn't work so they gave him his keyboard back.
A CRY FOR HELP! WE ARE HERE JOE!
A lonely person will do almost anything for attention. Such as talking about imaginary friends. So please assist joey in his hour of need. I am here Brother talk to me.
Yes, Plunger Joe was the kid we used to lock in his gym locker and he liked it because it gave him the attention he needed.

I know we've gotten off topic here but...this has morphed into the funniest thread I've seen.

I know we've gotten off topic here but...this has morphed into the funniest thread I've seen.

You have to be the biggest joke at ABF..system wide. I know ABF does not frown on honest mistakes..but you're a big mistake. I can only hope you are more productive on the ABf dock then you are on TB

You have to be the biggest joke at ABF..system wide. I know ABF does not frown on honest mistakes..but you're a big mistake. I can only hope you are more productive on the ABf dock then you are on TB

Be nice now Joe...after all...he did accept to have you over his house on Memorial Day.

Frankly, I like the idea of a two year contract to fall in line with YRC's expiration of their multiple MOU's. My opinion of the mood of the guys who work at YRC is that if ABF employees can get a good contract with no givebacks, they'll demand the same at the end of their MOU's, and to blazes with what the company threatens. We can argue up or down as to whether the MOU's saved YRC , or merely cheated the employees out of wages and pension, but I think the guys there have had enough, and it'll be good contract,....equal to what we get at ABF,...or close the doors. My opinion.

Frankly, I like the idea of a two year contract to fall in line with YRC's expiration of their multiple MOU's. My opinion of the mood of the guys who work at YRC is that if ABF employees can get a good contract with no givebacks, they'll demand the same at the end of their MOU's, and to blazes with what the company threatens. We can argue up or down as to whether the MOU's saved YRC , or merely cheated the employees out of wages and pension, but I think the guys there have had enough, and it'll be good contract,....equal to what we get at ABF,...or close the doors. My opinion.

I...for one do not want to fall back in line with YRC and IMO...I believe that they will never again be back up to full pay and benefits. I do not want to have a chance to be outvoted 4 to 1 when contract time comes around and by chance their company is still struggling which I believe they will...into a sub standard contract. Like I have stated before...I have no ill feelings that they voted to save their jobs for their families sake...but don't try and tell me they did it for the best of the union. The pension part of the concessions should of been off limits...that's when they were voting on something that concerned more than just them.

You say or close the doors...we all know of that outcome over there...don't we? Don't fool yourself...the outcome would be the same again!

joe post on a post not a poster. We have the get it off your chest thread if you want to air out some disagreement. We are there for you.

I...for one do not want to fall back in line with YRC and IMO...I believe that they will never again be back up to full pay and benefits. I do not want to have a chance to be outvoted 4 to 1 when contract time comes around and by chance their company is still struggling which I believe they will...into a sub standard contract. Like I have stated before...I have no ill feelings that they voted to save their jobs for their families sake...but don't try and tell me they did it for the best of the union. The pension part of the concessions should of been off limits...that's when they were voting on something that concerned more than just them.

You say or close the doors...we all know of that outcome over there...don't we? Don't fool yourself...the outcome would be the same again!
I agree Docker. We should not put our families futures in the hands of others any more than we have to. I agree we could loose much more by being unable to control our own futures. Once we settle this contract it would take a whole new vote as too reenter into a NMFA. After all if yrc does not become very profitable in two years they would at best remain at their current wage and benefit amounts at which time we as members of a NMFA would have to adhere to the cuts for us to be at the same amounts. That's why I feel it is not in our best interest to be reunited in a NMFA at this time. Besides TWO COMPANIES does not make for a NMFA. Now if someone could show me the advantages we could see from a NMFA with yrc in two years please post them. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

ABf is a click or two in better financial shape then YRC. Negotiating in the ABF alone NMFA will not put you in a better position for a more favorable contract. McReynolds will be looking to reduce the cost gap between ABf and YRC not widen it. Get a freaken grip on yourselves