ABF | “No Givebacks!”: ABF Bargaining to Start

There is a Zollars thread working at the YRC forum as you know..a lot of venting and getting it off your chest going on. You know it's funny people are still blaming Bush for the bad economy we have today..after four years of Obama they still blame Bush I gave a brief outline of events that took the giant down on page 2. Come on down..I'm thinking Judy learned a lot from Bill

I got your hero​

Are you trying to say that all that venting and getting it off your chest going on over there isn't justified? It's easy for you just to sit back and distance yourself from your brothers and sisters actually having to deal with the consequences that Bill has caused either from sheer stupidity or greed now that you are retired...isn't it? Your outlook would be alot different if you would be having to live it every single day like everyone over at YRC does...wouldn't it?

You are right...Judy has learned from Bill...the fact that a CEO can really screw up and have the workers actually have to pay the price for it.

You gave a brief outline of what took the giant down...now that's laughable...your pal Billy did that all by himself!

Now...just sit back...collect your check and babble on just how smart your hero Zollars really was.

Your outlook would be a lot different if you would be having to live it every single day like everyone over at YRC does...wouldn't it?

You are right...Judy has learned from Bill...the fact that a CEO can really screw up and have the workers actually have to pay the price for it.
McReynolds is a CEO. Zollars was a CEO. CEO's do what CEO's do..crush people. Judy is not here to listen to you vent. She is here to bury you
watching20you-1.gif

McReynolds is a CEO. Zollars was a CEO. CEO's do what CEO's do..crush people. Judy is not here to listen to you vent. She is here to bury you
watching20you-1.gif

I can say one thing for you Joe...you are the persistent little rascal...and shame doesn't bother you in the least...does it? You get whipped around like a wet noodle in that Bill Zollars thread over there on the YRC forum and still...you have enough energy left to crawl over here and spout that Bill crap.The only burying that has been done was to you...over there on that Bill Zollars thread. And they buried you deep...very deep...lol

watching20you-1.gif
I never should have let him out of his gym locker way back when. But he promised me he'd be a good boy.

watching20you-1.gif
In my opinion, you can say what you want about this fellow joe, but this statement is absolutely correct. CEO Mcreynolds could not care less that our heating oil bills have risen 110%, which for me, encompasses 11% of my yearly salary just for heat. I seriously doubt that the CEO pays 11% of her take home pay for heat. She also couldnt care less if we are paying 63% more for groceries over the past year or so. She is here to bring the Teamsters down.
There was a revealing post from a former Fort employee, I think his handle was scifi something like that. Anyway, he said he retired or quit because he was tired of his wages, salary, bonus, 401k health care etc kept getting cut and ours did not. He was seriously put out that all the cuts they got and it didnt affect the bottom line one iota. The point of all this is the people at the Fort are closer to the CEO than we will ever be. They look at them and say "this isnt fair that these teamsters arent sharing the pain." Now, the guys that are now running this place are the ones that have taken these cuts over the years. They have an axe to grind and CEO McReynolds is wielding the the axe for them. I am starting to think that they arent bluffing. they would take ABF freight down in flames if it meant that they destroyed the union here. when the shareholders complain, they can say hey we will rebuild this place but we showed those guys. I really think this is personal. If this was just business, we wouldnt be in this pickle. I may be branded as a naysayer, but you prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

I can say one thing for you Joe...you are the persistent little rascal...and shame doesn't bother you in the least...does it? You get whipped around like a wet noodle in that Bill Zollars thread over there on the YRC forum and still...you have enough energy left to crawl over here and spout that Bill crap.The only burying that has been done was to you...over there on that Bill Zollars thread. And they buried you deep...very deep...lol

Yo goin down and deep

Yo goin down and deep

There is no Bill and Judy per se...there is only Judy continuing the tradition of running a profitable company.

Then there's Bill Boy...continuing the tradition of running a non profitable company.

EventsUnitedWay.jpg

Yo goin down and deep

Tell me Joe...just why did you decide to change your screenname to Joe the plumber...is this the reason?

Republicans, who paraded “Joe the Plumber” on the campaign trail, demonstrated that they despise labor in general and organized labor in particular.

Why Republicans demand worker concessions (it's not about the money) - Democratic Underground

And here you are...collecting a union pension...something to be proud of Joe...isn't it?

In my opinion, you can say what you want about this fellow joe, but this statement is absolutely correct. CEO Mcreynolds could not care less that our heating oil bills have risen 110%, which for me, encompasses 11% of my yearly salary just for heat. I seriously doubt that the CEO pays 11% of her take home pay for heat. She also couldnt care less if we are paying 63% more for groceries over the past year or so. She is here to bring the Teamsters down.
There was a revealing post from a former Fort employee, I think his handle was scifi something like that. Anyway, he said he retired or quit because he was tired of his wages, salary, bonus, 401k health care etc kept getting cut and ours did not. He was seriously put out that all the cuts they got and it didnt affect the bottom line one iota. The point of all this is the people at the Fort are closer to the CEO than we will ever be. They look at them and say "this isnt fair that these teamsters arent sharing the pain." Now, the guys that are now running this place are the ones that have taken these cuts over the years. They have an axe to grind and CEO McReynolds is wielding the the axe for them. I am starting to think that they arent bluffing. they would take ABF freight down in flames if it meant that they destroyed the union here. when the shareholders complain, they can say hey we will rebuild this place but we showed those guys. I really think this is personal. If this was just business, we wouldnt be in this pickle. I may be branded as a naysayer, but you prepare for the worst and hope for the best.
As far as your statement goes, I think you are dead on. ABF is doing what CF did years ago, bankrupt the union company and with the lost revenue starting up a Con-Way with ABF profits that causes the demise of the Union company. And do not forget, All Pension Fund Obligations are a dischargeable debit in Chapter 7. Always has been always will be. That is how you get out of paying a persons retirement. And then using those saved funds to support Panther & any other outfit they buy. Legalized theft of a workers dream of retirement & a solid employer for generations to come. Brought to you by your elected Union Official & your elected government politician who have passed the rules & laws to make it possible. And last, 26% of the eligible 1.3 million IBT members who voted in the last general election bothered to send in that vote with the self addressed stamp evenlope. I guess the other 74% were happy campers. And yet we still bitch about all of this, but do nothing? Talk is easy; going to the mail box is tough. Von.

They have an axe to grind and CEO McReynolds is wielding the the axe for them. I am starting to think that they arent bluffing. they would take ABF freight down in flames if it meant that they destroyed the union here. when the shareholders complain, they can say hey we will rebuild this place but we showed those guys. I really think this is personal. If this was just business, we wouldn't be n this pickle. I may be branded as a naysayer, but you prepare for the worst and hope for the best

Last edited:
They'll run the Union side of this company down to about maybe 400 people nationwide,......and subcontract out city and linehaul work all over. The language is there now, and they'll use the driver shortage to their best advantage,.....to claim they can't find "qualified" people.

They'll spend much money and move heaven and earth,....to find SALESPEOPLE! THOSE are the most important "employees" this company has,....in the eyes of our management......

One truck driver is as good as another,....and why deal with those whiny, stinky , demanding Union people, when you can have your freight hauled by some unshaven, slovenly fool with an I.Q. lower than the speed limit, and a truck payment that'll bankrupt him in a couple of months, because he needs to replace the bald tires, shoddy brakes, flapping fenders,...and bug-infested mattress in his "home away from home"?

We all see the......"quality"........of the subcontractors that bump our docks to unload freight,.....and that includes the Panther drivers,....in the torn and filthy T-shirts, floppy drooping shorts, and untied shoes. What's the point of us being in ..."mandatory"....uniforms if the bulk of our freight,....under ABF Logistics Bill of Ladings ,......are being delivered by people who look like they've just come from the company picnic of the second shift of the Neversweat Copper Mine of Bugscuttle, Nevada?

I think I'm going to start taking pictures of these...."contractors"....who show up at our dock.......Some of these men......and women.....are startling in their sartorial appearance,.....shocking deshabille of dress.....and sheer numbers of visible tattooes........I guess this is the new Skill and Will the company is going for as the future face of who is going to handle ABF freight......

An IQ lower than the speed limit? Good Lord man, that is funny. But the 'Never Sweat Copper Mine of Bugscuttle, NV', where the hell did that come from? Does management know you practice these lines with the customers? Do the customers call the terminal asking for tickets & show times? Just curious. von.

Do you think UPS would buy ABF's LTL unit if they were not in the CSPF? It's not a perfect answer , but it would help almost all sides right?

Proper dress required to deliver and pick up freight by contractors is a safety issue.
Require the contractors to meet the same requirements that ABF holds their employees to.

Proper dress required to deliver and pick up freight by contractors is a safety issue.
Require the contractors to meet the same requirements that ABF holds their employees to.
They won't. Due to recent court rulings throughout the country (Fed-X & other companies) requiring 'Contractors' to wear or be forced to follow certain dress guidelines would change their job classification from contractor to employee or the risk there of. The reason for contractors versus employees is money. Specifically paying benefits & having to cover all workers comp claims. A lot cheaper to let a slob deliver the freight than risk mores expenses by forcing them to follow uniform guidelines.

Do you think UPS would buy ABF's LTL unit if they were not in the CSPF? It's not a perfect answer , but it would help almost all sides right?
I don't want to crush your dream, but why would UPS buy ANOTHER LTL freight company? They already own one. ABF is losing money and so is UPS Freight. There is NO WAY UPS would buy ABF, unless of course there would be additional concessions from ABF employees. AND THAT IS VERY, VERY UNLIKELY.

They'll run the Union side of this company down to about maybe 400 people nationwide,......and subcontract out city and linehaul work all over. The language is there now, and they'll use the driver shortage to their best advantage,.....to claim they can't find "qualified" people.

They'll spend much money and move heaven and earth,....to find SALESPEOPLE! THOSE are the most important "employees" this company has,....in the eyes of our management......

One truck driver is as good as another,....and why deal with those whiny, stinky , demanding Union people, when you can have your freight hauled by some unshaven, slovenly fool with an I.Q. lower than the speed limit, and a truck payment that'll bankrupt him in a couple of months, because he needs to replace the bald tires, shoddy brakes, flapping fenders,...and bug-infested mattress in his "home away from home"?

We all see the......"quality"........of the subcontractors that bump our docks to unload freight,.....and that includes the Panther drivers,....in the torn and filthy T-shirts, floppy drooping shorts, and untied shoes. What's the point of us being in ..."mandatory"....uniforms if the bulk of our freight,....under ABF Logistics Bill of Ladings ,......are being delivered by people who look like they've just come from the company picnic of the second shift of the Neversweat Copper Mine of Bugscuttle, Nevada?

I think I'm going to start taking pictures of these...."contractors"....who show up at our dock.......Some of these men......and women.....are startling in their sartorial appearance,.....shocking deshabille of dress.....and sheer numbers of visible tattooes........I guess this is the new Skill and Will the company is going for as the future face of who is going to handle ABF freight......
What it all boils down to is corporate greed, if abf wants out of the ltl business then so be it. The freight has to go somewhere & companys will be so quick to hire experienced ltl drivers most will not be out of work long.