Yellow | “Operational flexibility”…What does this mean?

Thanks for the info Frog, I was not aware that one of the highly educated "idiots" had come up with this, I might add that in some cases it appeers to be working.:hysterical: Personaly to me it sounds like nonsense, but sometimes I can be pretty dense:shades:

Thanks for the info Frog, I was not aware that one of the highly educated "idiots" had come up with this, I might add that in some cases it appeers to be working.:hysterical: Personaly to me it sounds like nonsense, but sometimes I can be pretty dense:shades:

whatever

whatever, whenever, however the company wants it. we gave many flexibilities in our local already, company abandoned most because they could not recognize seniority, could not operate a call list, and paid accordingly.
what they really want is to cease recognition of seniority (aka, recognize seniority within operational needs.)this would enable them to theoretically put the best person to the task at hand( the biggest brown-noser in most cases.)
also, they would like to subcontract, get rid of dockmen and replace them with part-timers like ups. they want to layoff and work everyone left overtime, etc, etc.

whatever

whatever, whenever, however the company wants it. we gave many flexibilities in our local already, company abandoned most because they could not recognize seniority, could not operate a call list, and paid accordingly.
what they really want is to cease recognition of seniority (aka, recognize seniority within operational needs.)this would enable them to theoretically put the best person to the task at hand( the biggest brown-noser in most cases.)
also, they would like to subcontract, get rid of dockmen and replace them with part-timers like ups. they want to layoff and work everyone left overtime, etc, etc.

fatboy, you are right on target , when the big regional change did'nt go through,I heard a salesman cuss the union and blame us for its failure.Guess they got-er-done this time around

fatboy, you are right on target , when the big regional change did'nt go through,I heard a salesman cuss the union and blame us for its failure.Guess they got-er-done this time around

If I had to guess, I would say that it means there are going to be changes in the work rules and such. The customer pays our wages and if the customer finds more satisfaction at a non-union carrier because they have less-restrictive work rules, then we will be forced to change so that we may compete. That means road drivers working a forklift when needed, making a pickup or delivery enroute or using any people in one classification in any other classification as the need arises and other things that the non-union carriers now allow because they have no restrictive contract language. I hope I'm wrong. But we HAVE TO take care of the customer.

I don't like it anymore than anybody else does, but, as they say, "the times, they are a- changin." :hide:
All the customer sees is a Roadway trailer with his freight in it. Beyond that the customer has no ideal at all who hauled their freight. Could of been Roadway,Yellow,USF or whoever.

If I had to guess, I would say that it means there are going to be changes in the work rules and such. The customer pays our wages and if the customer finds more satisfaction at a non-union carrier because they have less-restrictive work rules, then we will be forced to change so that we may compete. That means road drivers working a forklift when needed, making a pickup or delivery enroute or using any people in one classification in any other classification as the need arises and other things that the non-union carriers now allow because they have no restrictive contract language. I hope I'm wrong. But we HAVE TO take care of the customer.

I don't like it anymore than anybody else does, but, as they say, "the times, they are a- changin." :hide:
All the customer sees is a Roadway trailer with his freight in it. Beyond that the customer has no ideal at all who hauled their freight. Could of been Roadway,Yellow,USF or whoever.