Yellow | “Pretty normal” YRC suffers 2017 loss to $10.8 million compared with $21.5 million gain in 2018

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
YRC Worldwide, parent of long-haul YRC Freight and three regional LTL carriers, fell back into the red last year as it battled a red-hot freight market with sharply higher costs related to purchased transportation, equipment shortages and higher salaries to keep those trucks operating with sufficient drivers.

http://www.logisticsmgmt.com/articl..._loss_to_10.8_million_compared_with_21.5_mill

:bananapartyhat:
Doesnt matter if they put 900 tractors on lime, nobody to drive them. Cheap freight and losing good management people will be kiss of death.

How bout we stop trying to be the revenue king and hauling more than we can service.We wouldn’t be losing money on purchased transportation if they would back the hell off and grow at a pace they can handle,
Holland doing the same shi t in Atlanta.More ,more ,more they tell our sales people and then we hand it over to contractors and lose ,lose ,lose.
When I was at C.F all it was all about revenue,not profits.It seems we are being led by the same kind of mind sets.

How many times are they going to say purchased transportation is causing a loss before admitting their decision to use it backfired And it’s not cheaper than teamster labor ? I’m not banging the doom and gloom drum but we have heard this over and over
Go back to paying the rate and have enough drivers to move the freight, you can’t attract better paying freight without good service. Stop complicating this you pick it up at one place deliver it at another on time without damage and people pay you to do it and they will use your service again.

How many times are they going to say purchased transportation is causing a loss before admitting their decision to use it backfired And it’s not cheaper than teamster labor ? I’m not banging the doom and gloom drum but we have heard this over and over
Go back to paying the rate and have enough drivers to move the freight, you can’t attract better paying freight without good service. Stop complicating this you pick it up at one place deliver it at another on time without damage and people pay you to do it and they will use your service again.
cant get drivers even if they up pay. company has bad rap on the street,nobody wants to work here.

how about management stop showing how tough there are . And stop firing drivers that move there freight but have the balls to question and ask why.
dispatch stop ****ing around with drivers runs just cause they can and giving them the ::shit:: equipment cause the can also
stop bring back managers that were fired once and even twice but you can' find other people to fill that position so you bring the assume back .

cause you you don' do that with drivers bit maybe you should ???? cause you can' find people to replace them oh wait it' called brokers !!!

http://www.ttnews.com/articles/yrc-worldwide-loses-75-million-4q-2017
YRC Worldwide Loses $7.5 Million in 4Q 2017

6eiN2yt.jpg

:hissyfit:

(1)Turn the trucks up (2) turn the pay up (3) Hire ,Hire hire (4) stop hauling cheap freight and crap Amazon freight (5) raise the rates super high as you can't move the freight you have now (6) fire 1/2 of worthless middle management
they tried to turn the pay up in my barn last year and the senior men all rejected the idea of allowing new hires to get top rate from day 1 and paying part time employees more than $11.90hr. Thank your fellow senior men for some of the problems. The same men who voted yes to the current 5 year deal we are under and the same ones that will vote yes to any deal presented to them this time around because they are too old to go anywhere else and they like the free health insurance and they like that nice 8am gig they got.

cant get drivers even if they up pay. company has bad rap on the street,nobody wants to work here.

We've been hiring left and right .The ones I hear from like it a hell of a lot more than where they came from and where we might be going if they don't turn things around.I hear bad rap about all LTL'S.The worst thing for me is the financial insecurity.

how about management stop showing how tough there are . And stop firing drivers that move there freight but have the balls to question and ask why.
dispatch stop :censored: around with drivers runs just cause they can and giving them the ::::shit:::: equipment cause the can also

If someone can't make it at a union line how are the going to make at a non union line?
Does anyone think for one minute they are more lenient or you can work less?

ALso
We've been hiring left and right .The ones I hear from like it a hell of a lot more than where they came from and where we might be going if they don't turn things around.I hear bad rap about all LTL'S.The worst thing for me is the financial insecurity.

You shouldnt worry yourself with things that you cannot control. As long as your paycheck is deposited every week for the hours you worked and your health insurance is being paid everything is else is a moot point.

they tried to turn the pay up in my barn last year and the senior men all rejected the idea of allowing new hires to get top rate from day 1 and paying part time employees more than $11.90hr. Thank your fellow senior men for some of the problems. The same men who voted yes to the current 5 year deal we are under and the same ones that will vote yes to any deal presented to them this time around because they are too old to go anywhere else and they like the free health insurance and they like that nice 8am gig they got.
“The senior men rejected” ? I assure Mitch and company didn’t ask the old timers what they thought!

“The senior men rejected” ? I assure Mitch and company didn’t ask the old timers what they thought!
it was put to a vote in the local terminal not at the hall and the senior men so no and so now your still stuck with 3 year progression and $11.90 on the part time wage. For all you fantasy league players out here your never getting your 15% back and your never getting the full pension back and you will be lucky to get $1 an hour increase each year over 5 years. Not 1 analyst asked where is the money you have collected for all these years from the men because thats taboo. Thats the white elephant in the room that we are suppose to ignore.

ALso

You shouldnt worry yourself with things that you cannot control. As long as your paycheck is deposited every week for the hours you worked and your health insurance is being paid everything is else is a moot point.

I know what you're saying but man....
negativity permeates. I've pretty much made my plans though,if the doors did close.

I’m thinking the fact that YRC paid a $25 million dollar loan before the earnings report shows they have no intention of going anywhere.

The stock was at $17 last week at $10 now if it goes any lower it’s probably worth buying.
I think they paid 25 million on the balance of the loan they got extended until 2022

I always say that the old timers are the easy YES vote....many guys make it out that it is the new guys but I do not agree at all. Reading all of these posts is very depressing, if I was an outsider I would wonder why the hell don't they lock the gates and throw in the towel. Even being on the inside there is a part of me that wonders the same!