“Pretty normal” YRC suffers 2017 loss to $10.8 million compared with $21.5 million gain in 2018

Discussion in 'YRC Freight' started by Freightmaster1, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Keepingon

Keepingon Well-Known Member

Thank you big R hard to keep up with their juggling at times, I still think it shows something in their forward thinking.

2. Lnhl drvr

Lnhl drvr New Member

As far as I'm concerned the doors are wide open.. don't let them hit your ass

aztec warrior likes this.
  3. BIG R GUY

BIG R GUY Owner of Patel Hat And Canvas LLC.

Yes. I agree they need to show the banks,investors, and employees something positive. But one of the things that has always bothered me,is their, move freight the way they have for the last 40 yrs, and not change anything attitude. In my opinion, if they would say have management, and labor together in a room, and really be open to some fresh ideas on how to better move the freight, on both ends, with less damage, and really look at the way things are done on the docks, and linehaul by the competition, it might help their quarterly earnings. Have always said, many are afraid of the “C”, word. The companies that do not change, usually will get left behind, no matter what type business you are in.

Toby, aztec warrior, wongway and 4 others like this.
  4. Bart

Bart Well-Known Member

Now I’ve heard it all :duh:

Just wanted to add when I started everybody made the same amount. But hell when I started we were all just “Teamsters”

5. Keepingon

Keepingon Well-Known Member

I guess that’s why so many of us miss the old dispatchers that were drivers before dispatchers.

6. falconfan

falconfan Well-Known Member

Did anyone notice 21.5 million gain in 2018?
    How the hell did we do that?
    They meant 2016, maybe someone should write an analytical article on the ineptness of their editorial board.

7. BIG R GUY

Think maybe Freight, had a typo??? Article says 16....But whats a couple of years???

8. mud

mud Wonderin' AD-FREE USER

Did you experience Roadway's Empowerment program? At Roadway Abq. four of us worked outbound without supervision. The midnight shift worked without supervision. We routed the bills, setup the dock, loaded and worked the trailers, called people in and manned the computers. From 1400 Sunday until the dispatcher came in Monday morning we worked without supervision. Most of us could do it, some couldn't, and that included some of management.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    roadboss, troubleman84 and BIG R GUY like this.
  9. Triplex

Triplex Experienced stalker

Having worked in both large and small barns I can say that the atmosphere and level of cooperation is almost always much better in small barns. The guys (labor and management both) typically know each other well and tend to cooperate. In larger barns with a lower level of personal contact the cooperation level tends to be less. That's the way I've observed it over my many years anyway.

10. mud

mud Wonderin' AD-FREE USER

I always found that when the new supervisor discovered that the Teamsters weren't the enemy, we could all work together, get the job done and go home.

11. wongway

wongway -15% Pay , Never forget

Agree , CHANGE is needed !!! maybe it's time they look at how say Fed Ex or Old Dom. or XPO moves freight on time and makes money while doing it !

Try'n Hard likes this.
  12. Triplex

Triplex Experienced stalker

Wong, why don't you go to work for one of them for a while and then report back what you find?

aztec warrior and RUNVS2 like this.
  13. wongway

wongway -15% Pay , Never forget

No, that would be a job for our new leader Darren Hawkins and other upper YRCW management people , it's like really how do these other LTL companies make money & move freight , maybe YRCW could learn something from them ??

Try'n Hard likes this.
  14. BIG R GUY

Quoting yours, and muds posts,Trip. I worked at a 5 man barn back around 2000, for almost 4 years with no supervision at all on site. Like Mud said,we did it all. TM was 70 miles away. The first full year we operated the place,it had a 700,000 dollar profit. They pretty much let us run with it. But yes. Trip is right. Smaller barns,yes. Larger barns,very hard to sell something like that....About the only time we saw a manager was when they would come down to the small place,to get away from their larger barn problems,and take us all out for breakfast....

15. Try'n Hard

Try'n Hard SITUATION CRITICAL..... but not serious

I get paid 2 to 8 hours layover every time I go to 511 while they pay sub contractors to do my job. The whole operation is just inefficient and nobody seems to care.

Toby, aztec warrior and mysticobra like this.
  16. twisted-hippie

twisted-hippie Why do we park in driveways & drive on parkways?

I've worked without supervision since July 7 2012.......that's when I retired ! :bananapartyhat:

17. seabreeze

seabreeze Not Well Known Member, 60 Year Teamster Member

Your wife says " you just think you have no supervision"

18. mysticobra

mysticobra Just here.

The company . Seems to me. Does not want to be successful.
    I'm surprised we still get a paycheck with all the losses and everything else that's going on.
    I have to mention this.
    At preshift meeting yesterday our tm says (and I think he is full of :shit: and ill informed)
    That we will not see an increase in our take home pay with the tax relief just passed because yrc has not paid any taxes because of losses over the years.
    There's Wednesdays chuckle for everyone. And the truth.

On with the show.

Please. Don't ask me any questions about it.
    He just said it as it was passed to him by upper management .
    Gotta love the place for giving us this everyday.
    :fan:

19. falconfan

Their losses should have no bearing on what we get taxed on our earnings .

aztec warrior and Keepingon like this.
  20. falconfan

The company could have held off on 40 million worth of equipment until 2018 and showed a decent year nd profit if they wanted to.Sometimes I think there is a little stock manipulation.