TForce | 0 Tolerance

What about the trucks and the trailers - are we responsible for every nick, dent, broken mirror, faulty brakes, low oil, balding tires, broken lights, nonworking gauges, broken coffee cups, etc? Oh, what about greasy uniforms.. You are if your a driver. And if your a dock worker 9 times outta 10 the driver has already wrote it up. As far as general safety for the puplic and the driver how much time will it take you to walk to the front office and let the manager know there is a truck on the line being loaded that has bad tires and no brakes.

It is the sole responsibility of the driver to refuse to drive any equiptment that is not safe to drive. As long as it is a real safety issue the driver has every right to refuse to drive this equiptment with out recoarse.

Man there is alot of misunderstanding on this board
I was refering to the DOCK WORKER. that questioned THIS..--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What about the trucks and the trailers - are we responsible for every nick, dent, broken mirror, faulty brakes, low oil, balding tires, broken lights, nonworking gauges, broken coffee cups, etc? Oh, what about greasy uniforms" I REPLIED with this "YOU ARE IF YOUR THE DRIVER". And if your a DOCK WORKER 9 times outta 10 the driver has already wrote it up. As far as general safety for the puplic and the driver how much time will it take you to walk to the front office and let the manager know there is a truck on the line being loaded that has bad tires and no brakes". As a retried driver I know what responsiblitlies a driver has.

I bet the dock worker misundestood what his obligations were. Thats ok, without misunderstanding we would not have anything to talk about. I understand. Is this understood?

webidiot said:
0 tolerance 0 freight 0 work 0 management your right this place is a 0
WOW!!! You are really allowing "O" to get under your skin. This stress can make you unhealthy. Sit back and relax, good things come to thos who wait.

how could you employees allowed overnite to treat you in such a manner all those years? They are not under my skin cause I have a contract and they don't do it to me, I would venture a guess that I am under theirs.

Well webidiot do you think you could work for a non-union company if you were ever to get the boot where your working now?
Just woundering if you'd be able to work someplace that you didn't have the union to protect you?

hugnlug said:
Today I heard that we now have in place a 0 tolerance operation for the dock. Everything must be inked. Failure to do so is a write up. Also if you get caught damaging anything its a write up. My question is that you load a piece of freight onto a city trailer free and clear of damage. Then you put your name as the loader on the loading manifest. Next along comes someone else and wipes out your skid. That person doesn't say anything and leaves. Guess who do they zing for the damage? You might want to have a steward with you.
:Cow-Pie: :Cow-Pie: :Cow-Pie: :
hey dude i work for another co
and that is exactly what happened to me i loaded freight onto a trailer signed my name on the manifest it was bags i put plywood all around it then somebody else came along and damaged the freight and since my name was on it i got written up for it i told my t.m . that i still got written up for it : :Cow-Pie:

I do not have to work at a non-union company but I have and it is not a choice I want to make. I will not get the boot as I do my job and am a valued employee probably as much as any of you. The union does not protect me from getting fired for cause it only protects me from wrongful termination. I expect and do get paid for breakdowns, all work time including road closures, weather and accidents. I expect and do get paid for standing around while some idiot dispatcher takes 3 hours to get his act together. I am not required to work the dock so UPSFreight can fulfill its want to be version of conway. You need to think for yourself about the union, if it is not for you, I really don't care if you are a member or not. The teamsters is a brotherhood for the benefits of ourselves and our families. We are particular who our brothers and sisters are.....maybe you do not have the stuff it take to work at a union barn or be a member of the brotherhood.

webidiot said:
I do not have to work at a non-union company but I have and it is not a choice I want to make. I will not get the boot as I do my job and am a valued employee probably as much as any of you. The union does not protect me from getting fired for cause it only protects me from wrongful termination. I expect and do get paid for breakdowns, all work time including road closures, weather and accidents. I expect and do get paid for standing around while some idiot dispatcher takes 3 hours to get his act together. I am not required to work the dock so UPSFreight can fulfill its want to be version of conway. You need to think for yourself about the union, if it is not for you, I really don't care if you are a member or not. The teamsters is a brotherhood for the benefits of ourselves and our families. We are particular who our brothers and sisters are.....maybe you do not have the stuff it take to work at a union barn or be a member of the brotherhood.

Now we need your approval before becoming Teamsters?

What "stuff " do I need to have what it takes to work at a Union Barn?

"We are particular who our brothers and sisters are...." I don't think you're going to have a choice about who joins and who does not.

If you loose the negativity for a while you might eventually start making sense.

webidiot said:
so when did this become a union -non union thing

You know, for a company that wants to remain non-union, it seems ups is doing everything in they're power to push us towards the union's open arms. Recently, at soh, a driver went before the peer review board for alegedly following a car too close, flashing his headlights at them and giving them the finger, this happened at night, not to mention it was not brought up to the driver until a month later. Well with the rebadged tractors its hard enough for me to see tractor numbers when trucks are sitting in the yard, let alone at night and behind someone. This was reported by "a brother in law of a ups worker". Well for these alleged actions the driver lost his job. No factual data was ever brought into the proceedings, so all i have to say is "beware fellow drivers, with ups it seems we are guilty until proven innocent. Where's that union guy anyway? where do i sign

SOH Guy,
Welcome to Truckingboards. Call the freight Local in your area to find out what's going on in your area. Right now the UPSF Contract is being negotiated for the Indy terminal and when it's settled all of you can choose to join.

Right now the UPSF Contract is being negotiated for the Indy terminal and when it's settled all of you can choose to join.[/QUOTE]

:sleep: :hysterical:

WOW this is an old thread.
Did you have to brush the cobwebs off of it when you got it out of the truckingboard library?

Well as long as its back,you all know I'm going to have to weigh in on this.

I've already posted a number of times that I for one believe our parent company UPS's CEO,and J.Hoffa Jr. have formed some kind of deal to organize their freight division.
This unionization of us UPS Freight haulers has been in the works on UPS's terms from the time we were rebranded.

Everything is underway for a union contract.
as well as UPS loading all of their work rules on us,to prime us to vote in the Teamsters when everything is in place the way UPS,and the Teamsters union has planed it to be.

UPS has been used to working with the Teamsters union with their parcel division,and I feel the way they are trying to marry the freight division with the parcel.
All the contract language would take care of any problems between the company,and the workers that may arise.
Well this is the way I see it going down.

I've always thought it was mighty fishy how UPS just seemed to turn us over to Teamster organizing just after we were rebranded.
Its taken me awhile to figure out why.

Welcome to the boards SOH guy!!!! Unfortunately there is more of this kind of crap floating around throughout the system. The best advise I could give you is to get active at your local union hall and help organize your terminal. The company's stance is the beatings will continue until morale picks up!! :nutkick: