ABF | 004-Little Rock Is Probably Moving To 009-Memphis

As an observer and a member of the Teamsters Union(YRCF).We all are being punked by these two corporations.ABF is planning on building a gigantic distribution center in Memphis along with the huge tax incentives by the Memphis Economic Board.If ABF has that kind of money to build a huge Break bulk center.Then they have the money to restore the labor's wages.plus Memphis wants to use ABF as a leverage on FedEx.Because FedEx has threatened to leave Memphis for Little Rock. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
Bigtruk comparing the economic impact ABF to Fedex is like apples to oranges. FedEx has more impact on our economy (Memphis) than 3/4 of all truck lines combined in Memphis. FedEx employees closes to 50,000 people city wide. If your just speaking of the trucking side then the ratio is still 10-1.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Why have a secret ballot election if the results local to local are going to be common knowledge? I wouldn't want the company to know how I voted...

The voter identity is secret. The votes aee counted by local much like a presidential election votes are counted by breaking down to state, district, ward, precinct etc

The voter identity is secret. The votes aee counted by local much like a presidential election votes are counted by breaking down to state, district, ward, precinct etc
Yea, and we saw what Chris Christie did to those voters who didn't support him!!! LOL

But...but...but ABF needed the concession they won so they wouldn't have to close terminals down and remap the company. Ooo yea, they were only bluffing and enough suckers bought into it.

As an observer and a member of the Teamsters Union(YRCF).We all are being punked by these two corporations.ABF is planning on building a gigantic distribution center in Memphis along with the huge tax incentives by the Memphis Economic Board.If ABF has that kind of money to build a huge Break bulk center.Then they have the money to restore the labor's wages.plus Memphis wants to use ABF as a leverage on FedEx.Because FedEx has threatened to leave Memphis for Little Rock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

I figured they couldn't tell individually who votes how but I wouldn't want them to be able to single out my local as a big no voter either.

The meeting today in NLR with company officials confirmed there will be a move probably within a year. The Memphis area is where the relocation will be. I think the expected completion of I 59 makes Memphis a more strategic location for a break bulk. I still don't see how the existing location on Dunn can handle the volume of freight even with the adjoining property the company has bought. If there are plans for expansion a few years in the future this location sure doesn't fit. There isn't room for a shop anywhere near the size of the one in NLR.

After reading this thread and seeing all the changes and negativity I'm glad I turned down the job offer with ABF. I do wish all you guys the best and hope everything works out

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

After reading this thread and seeing all the changes and negativity I'm glad I turned down the job offer with ABF. I do wish all you guys the best and hope everything works out

Thank you, don't blame you, good luck with your new gig there. I know you spent some time making the decision.

Thanks ABFer. Yeah I did take some time to make a decision. At first It was between ABF and a fuel company here then Saia called and offered me a linehaul job. So I decided to go to saia and do linehaul. Thanks again

Their probably counting on people not to take the transfer so they can hire new people at a lower rate and no vacations. It's called "Shaking the tree" just think of how much money they could save by this move!

I would relocate only if they were paying the expenses to move, then retire two weeks later.

I would relocate only if they were paying the expenses to move, then retire two weeks later.
I do believe relocation reimbursement is provided if the move is over a certain number of miles. I am thinking it has to be 50 miles or more.

Well,....They definately know I'm a "No" voter,......Pretty vocal about it, too. Only had 2 guys vote "Yes" in our terminal. Got to re-vote our Supplement,....voted that down twice,......shame some other terminals in the Joint Council #40 area had to vote "Yes" almost unanimously. 7 Locals,...Master not approved,....Supplement voted down once ,....Re-vote passed by only 3 votes in our Joint Council area. Yup,.....we're pretty Labor strong in W. Penna. We ain't wearing no "paper bags" on our heads here..........

Well,....They definately know I'm a "No" voter,......Pretty vocal about it, too. Only had 2 guys vote "Yes" in our terminal. Got to re-vote our Supplement,....voted that down twice,......shame some other terminals in the Joint Council #40 area had to vote "Yes" almost unanimously. 7 Locals,...Master not approved,....Supplement voted down once ,....Re-vote passed by only 3 votes in our Joint Council area. Yup,.....we're pretty Labor strong in W. Penna. We ain't wearing no "paper bags" on our heads here..........
I only wear the bag in voting days. Lol

:shift:"
The bigger picture is McReynolds. she has already commented that drivers make too much money. Last contract she came up with the UE driver. Now look how much road freight and how many meet and turns they do instead of the road drivers. I could be wrong but most are hourly wages.that wasn't good enough so now we have shiny wheels hauling our stuff everywhere."

Funny that was the same thing were told, that the drivers make too much money! Well we not only drive but a lot of us have to work the dock. Non union company, do it their way or hit the highway. They run a lot of our stuff on shiny wheels and railcars. Their West Memphis yard looks like an Intermodal Yard. I hope it works out for all of your people. They will probably put you over around YRC, just bring your Kevlar vest's and you will be ok!