XPO | 01/02/2010 linehaul runs

I have one question, Why?? Why would they make us come in on a off day to run linehall?

The only reason i can think of is because were a whole lot busier than we normally are this time of year; and cant afford to loose a day (thurs.) . Also i think they want to stay ahead of the game just in case.

The only reason i can think of is because were a whole lot busier than we normally are this time of year; and cant afford to loose a day (thurs.) . Also i think they want to stay ahead of the game just in case.

and everyone would have ran out of trailers monday night ... we need to keep the system clean or we will fall into a hole and lose what we have gained ..

Won't we be out of of hours by next Friday if we run Saturday and don't get 34 hours off?

If you work linehaul as long as you are back 6am Sunday morning you will have 34 off. So reset is not an issue. Instead of having a reship 12/31 and running overnight they just moved it to 1/2. Both are less than ideal but I will not argue to much work vs slow times from last year

naw its just another way for them to put the screws to us,remember they wanted us to give up our vacations in jan,feb, cause we are so busy and no one wanted to,duh!! we pissed them off and this is our thank you!now the question will be will they force from bottom up? they sure should!kinda sounds like the idiots running our government doesnt it?

people at cgo need to pull there heads out of there, well you know, what freight will we have sat. morning, what little bit of freight thats picked up thu., give me a break, this all has to do with YRC, there not going away any time soon like cgo thinks.wheres the cards, i'll sign!!!!!

you are missing the point people.and I quote...."this shows that our company really care about us" Puck you very much XGO and Happy pucking new year

Wow. Are we actually complaining because we have enough freight to need weekend runs? I don't see how this is any different from running Saturday on any other weekend.

Just remember where you were last year at this time.laidoff looking for work food stamps wondering how in debt you are going to be after a even a small xmas. I AM sure there will be plenty of people that would love to work.

I heard last night that YRC made their last pick-ups in the city on Monday. Now they are just clearing the freight out of their system and they will be finished by 12/31. Also, at my barn, the Sat linehaul will be volunteer from the top down , and force from the bottom up-starting with the flex board.:boat:

I heard last night that YRC made their last pick-ups in the city on Monday. Now they are just clearing the freight out of their system and they will be finished by 12/31.
I have not heard this ... if that was a fact it would have been on the YRC board ...i dont believe that at all
Also, at my barn, the Sat linehaul will be volunteer from the top down , and force from the bottom up-starting with the flex board.:boat:

that sounds about right ...

when I first heard about saturday work, i said WHAT.......then I started thinking and talking around, and even dockworkers are being told to come in. its a short day, and its no big deal, I would much rather work saturday for 5 hours or so, then to have to work new years eve or new years day or any of that crap think about it, its just more $$$$ in your pocket!

people at cgo need to pull there heads out of there, well you know, what freight will we have sat. morning, what little bit of freight thats picked up thu., give me a break, this all has to do with YRC, there not going away any time soon like cgo thinks.wheres the cards, i'll sign!!!!!

Come on now hand i think your getting a little too excited! You know you don't want to sign a card, you know it would mean:TR10driving03:

Its only gonna effect the ones who are forced from the bottom to run. If your one of the unfortunate ones on the bottom that are forced to run, you'll be one of many on the bottom that are whining about not getting any hours or runs in a month or so. Be glad they are forcing 20 dollar bills in your pockets now.

It's not a matter of weather or not we have enough freight for a Sat. FAC. It boils down to how little respect XGO has for its drivers. This has been a scheduled long weekend for many a driver making plans with their family all year long. To just come out on Mon 12/28 and say cancel your weekend plans is insane, no matter how much or little seniority you have with conway. They take and we give..and we give and they take...if YRC goes down like they are hoping...God help us all.