XPO | 01/02/2010 linehaul runs

Its only gonna effect the ones who are forced from the bottom to run. If your one of the unfortunate ones on the bottom that are forced to run, you'll be one of many on the bottom that are whining about not getting any hours or runs in a month or so. Be glad they are forcing 20 dollar bills in your pockets now.
The thing that suck is the short notice. People make plans and get hit with this. I have seen us move more freight then what we have now and we didn't work on a holiday weekends. I think we have a lot of people high up that are just plan lost

The thing that suck is the short notice. People make plans and get hit with this. I have seen us move more freight then what we have now and we didn't work on a holiday weekends. I think we have a lot of people high up that are just plan lost

Yes, the short notice thing is a bad deal. Knowing a couple weeks or more would be better than Tues. the week of weekend work. The guys making the decisions think of their butt first then what's best for the company and then the employees. Problem is, the guys making the decisions cover their butt, there is no more caring left for any of us. :nutkick:

Yes, the short notice thing is a bad deal. Knowing a couple weeks or more would be better than Tues. the week of weekend work. The guys making the decisions think of their butt first then what's best for the company and then the employees. Problem is, the guys making the decisions cover their butt, there is no more caring left for any of us. :nutkick:

Soooo!...when did you have this 'epiphany'?

Had the stark realization in Nov of '08 that the Jerry D. mentality was long gone....

Rat

Before I left for my run I ask my fom If he had my cell number. He said they wouldn't need me. I told him I wasen't asking if he needed it, I wanted to make sure they didn't have it. The house phone some how got broken when I got home.

Before I left for my run I ask my fom If he had my cell number. He said they wouldn't need me. I told him I wasen't asking if he needed it, I wanted to make sure they didn't have it. The house phone some how got broken when I got home.

All you have to do is just turn the ringers off and then you don't even have to feel guilty. Oh, be sure to turn off the answering machine. Can't leave a message if there is nothing to take it.

Just looked outside and it's pretty nasty here - more snow and wind. Be careful running today, no doubt we'll be pulling a bunch of mt's home.

is anyone home yet from there lh run today????? was supposed to be an easy short day, lets see how the stories unfold in reality!!

80 miles round trip 2 hours on the dock. pulled 2 mts there 1 floor loaded back. Thats sounds like a waste of a weekend and a waste of company money to me. Oh well. Its over now.

thats why they needed ya all to work today, there was SOOOO much freight to move that you took 2 mts and brought back a floor load! lmao, and u wonder why they are cutting everything, WASTING soooo much cash

thats why they needed ya all to work today, there was SOOOO much freight to move that you took 2 mts and brought back a floor load! lmao, and u wonder why they are cutting everything, WASTING soooo much cash

We had like 40 runs and only 4 mt's heading out - I took one out but brought 2 loads home. Good thing too, it was a little greasy in spots especially on the way out.

ah that makes more sense then, i read too far into it, and thought thats how all the terminals were running was emptys and bringing back just a load here and there. i misconstrude what was going in and out of the FAC

Terminals that have a lot of day runs were running freight east that was picked up Tuesday and Wednesday rather than Thursday. It will equal out Monday night when we send out 30-40 mt's to pick up Tuesday's day lanes.

so in essense, equalling out meaning things would have run fine monday without working today?? it didnt matter to me if there was work today or not, im just trying to see if there was truly enough to make it worth it.

so in essense, equalling out meaning things would have run fine monday without working today?? it didnt matter to me if there was work today or not, im just trying to see if there was truly enough to make it worth it.

They probably had to do it. The high volume line-haul terminals would not have enough equipment or drivers to move the additional freight Monday night. We can only run about 45 - 48 runs per night - Thursday's freight plus Monday's freight would have been way more than that. I was not thrilled about having to run today, but I understand why they did it.

It was busy enough where I went.