Estes | 010 & 017 combined?

Kings disciple

Ecc. 12:13
Credits
Here's one from the rumor mill around my area....

We are hearing that Richmond has bought some huge ex big R terminal on I85 between 010 and 017 and are going to combine these two break bulks into one real big one.
One driver told me last night he knew of this facility and that it is about 40 miles north of 010 on I 85.

Most of this talk is coming from 010 people and I don't know how dependable it is because things at 010 are really crazy right now. But that's what the buzz is around this end of the system.

Might also be a truckload terminal. They would have alot of ground to cover for the local guys if the economy ever gets back on its feet again.

Might also be a truckload terminal. They would have alot of ground to cover for the local guys if the economy ever gets back on its feet again.

ya could be a future truckload, or maybe just a break bulk and keep the 010 and 017 open as just city terminals.
Guy told me last night he heard we have a bid in on the big R terminal over in Kernersville NC off I 40. I've seen that terminal , it's just outside of Winston-Salem and huge.

big r terminal

i heard this rumor last week, may be true, they were talking about expanding greensboro yard adding doors where shop is, building new shop. may be easier to buy other terminal.

only problem i see is the place is actually two docks, one closed in, one not. so what they gonna do run lifts across yard all night?

ya slopway that would be a problem, big R must have had a city dock seperate from a bulk dock there at kernersville like charlotte used to have a few years back. We have a guy that runs to 017 that tells me that they were working on the old T/L building on the hill above the shop, but they stopped. He did'nt know why though, maybe the slow down or holidays or maybe we had won the bid on that big R terminal, he did'nt know.

We are hearing that Richmond has bought some huge ex big R terminal

Big Rob sure knows how to buy property... The buildings are worthless in this economy, I'm sure he is not only getting them for a song, but putting them to good use. Alot of buildings with lots of doors rotting here in the northeast. Nobody has the $$$$..:deal:

big r yard

yellow and roadway are both still using that place, not sure where they would go, not many places around there big enough. old places available only have about 20 doors.

if they no longer do a break bulk maybe that would be good for roadway to go to. maybe rob offered estes terminal in trade.

Ya legshot I've seen alot of those old terminals up there sitting around empty, it's kinda sad to look at 'em.

That trade idea you have there slopway really might be right on because as far as I know Kernersville is the only Big R terminal in NC, (they might have a couple of real small end of lines in NC. I don't know about) so they would need somewhere to go to service that area.

Roadway has several NC sites. Sanford, Raleigh, Charlotte... With merger of Yellow/Roadway no need for 2 barns in duplicating cities. Kernersville aka Winston-Salem was probably set up with large dock handling outbound freight and smaller dock for inbound.

Where to frkin start man they have took 010 and screwed the whole place up , last count was 64people layed off, the whole thing from what the rumors are on the dock is that the whole thing is a power **** match between charlie and 017's TM, they took two of our switchers , and all our new fortius lifts we had they took all our damn fright too, i had a bill yesterday that went from GA to GBO to CHAR only to go right back out of CHAR to OVL , they are rerouting freight to GBO that pass's right by 010 , 010 will become a mainly city op before too long, on third we went from having about 30-35 people , to having 14 total , thats people in the office dock and city leads and switchers

hello 010switcher, One thing you guys and Mr. C. there at 010 have over 017 is alot bigger facility. I hope the best for you guys there. I ran schudule thru 010 for 6yrs. and made alot of friends over there. I hate to see you guys suffer, some drivers complain about 010 (some drivers complain about everything) but I always thought you all ran a good show over there.
Praying for you all switcher. :1036316054:

I wonder if the Kernersville location is because FedEx is moving into the new Greensboro airport near Kernersville and these new people Rob has hired are from FedEx?

A rumor thats been running rampant around 024 is that 010 tried to bring the U in. I didnt hear anything about it here..and as we all know.. You hear it first @ TB. I'd finally heard enough people spill this rumor, for me to bring it up here. So, inquiring minds want to know... Did something happen @ 010? Merry Christmas!!!

ha ha your right ESFE truckingboards would have it first. I haven't heard a thing. usually i get a rumor in my pm and i haven't even got that on this one. maybe someone drinkin too much egg nog. now this is me thinking and it should be in the u/non u debate if it goes any further but i believe that most organizing will wait until the employee free choice act is passed in any union. just my thoughts.

ha ha your right ESFE truckingboards would have it first. I haven't heard a thing. usually i get a rumor in my pm and i haven't even got that on this one. maybe someone drinkin too much egg nog. now this is me thinking and it should be in the u/non u debate if it goes any further but i believe that most organizing will wait until the employee free choice act is passed in any union. just my thoughts.
You mean IF its passed don't you????nothing is certain in the legeslative branch of our government.

A rumor thats been running rampant around 024 is that 010 tried to bring the U in. I didnt hear anything about it here..and as we all know.. You hear it first @ TB. I'd finally heard enough people spill this rumor, for me to bring it up here. So, inquiring minds want to know... Did something happen @ 010? Merry Christmas!!!

I slip seat a truck with a 25yr. guy that runs over to 010 every day on a day run, he has a lot of good friends over there all the way up to TM, if there were a rumor like that over there he would have told me for sure and he has not said anything about union talk.
Seems like the big issue over there at 010 is them and 017 fighting one another for break bulk frieght:argue: to keep each ones people busy. Alot of re-routing going on in that area right now.