Estes | 024 Harrisburg

i think web wants to take it in that direction. hope its not to late with gov. getting its hands on us like they do latley

I was looking on the site Glassdoor and researching other possibilities and Estes is rated at a 2.3 out of 5 by current and former employees, that is sad!
I have been wishing things will get better ever since before that big let go of the drivers that helped this company grow, yes all us old Linehaul drivers that helped this company grow back 5/6 years ago.

That's how it is at my terminal , all the old city and linehaul guys , that have been here 10 + years , management want gone !!!! They don't listen to a thing we say , management's new way is going to run this place straight into the ground

yes it is. he seems to want to hear what we say. he talked my ear off about 6 months ago when i broke there. its nice to see some one that listens and dosnt just po po you.

That's how it is at my terminal , all the old city and linehaul guys , that have been here 10 + years , management want gone !!!! They don't listen to a thing we say , management's new way is going to run this place straight into the ground

After 10 years, you're a liability... You start costing the company money... Oh well, I'm 3 years past that so they better get busy getting rid of me,huh...

Sometimes you just have to roll with the changes.I doubt their is any LTL companies that haven't had drastic changes in the last 5-10 years,just reading the different forums affirms it.I have worked for some that haven't had a raise in over 5 years,now that would really give you something to ***** about.

Judging from the age and longevity of alot of Estes drivers,it cant be too bad of a place to work.The grass on the other side isn't as green as you might think.Ive been there recently.

Personally, I have no quarrel with anyone..(ok, except maybe for the maxi-pad engines). Other than that, I minimize interaction with "management" types, pull my loads safely and wait for the paycheck to arrive.

Worrying about stuff I can't control or have no say in is pointless.

I've been with Estes for 17 years. I have always enjoyed working here untill the last few years. I know the grass isn't greener, it just has different weeds in it. The main reason so many drivers have a lot of time here is mostly because they know the grass isn't greener. They would be putting up with a lot of the same crap, just with no seniority. All I was saying was that the changes are being made by people who don't know the trucking industry. They make things look good on paper cuz that's what they learned in college. It seems like none of the decision makers have no idea how their changes actually work in the field, and I don't think Rob cares as long as his bottom line looks good on paper. The old man would have never let most of this happen. Rob will be one of the many self proclaimed Baptists who don't make it to Heaven. Nuff said.

i wouldnt say he wont make it to heaven, just his reward will be his own making. this is why i cant make a good manager. i like people and there well being is more important then the bottem line sometimes.happy and good people are more productive then ones showing up just for a job.

When I started this topic I was very curious what would be said , I'm glad to see its just not my terminal that sees what's going on !!! , again the new hires think nothing is wrong !!! You guys are right about why us "long timers " stick around , we would be putting up with the same stuff , and have no seniority , Atleast here I don't have to be worried about being laid off

When I started this topic I was very curious what would be said , I'm glad to see its just not my terminal that sees what's going on !!! , again the new hires think nothing is wrong !!! You guys are right about why us "long timers " stick around , we would be putting up with the same stuff , and have no seniority , Atleast here I don't have to be worried about being laid off

Its not so much,I dont think nothings wrong.However,it would be very crazy of me to voluntarily fill out an application for any company,then come in bitching about conditions and rules.I talked to a few drivers before seeking employment here,weighed my positives and negatives,and made my decision.No trucking company is perfect,but the pay and benefits here rank right up there with the some of the top.

Now if drivers want to ***** and moan about every little thing where they work and be miserable in the process,that is up to them.However,I dont need other drivers telling me how I should feel about our workplace.Maybe it was a helluva lot better when the dad ran the company.Same can be said for the majority of private companies.

im not whining as much as i could. but when management forgets who got you here for the bottom line, i think you lost your direction.new guys really do not know how good it was.i know things change but the thing that bothers me is not telling us and just doing it . i think the best resource for what works it the guy in the trenches every day and not a reject from another co. there must of been some reason they left the other co like there decisions were bad.

im not whining as much as i could. but when management forgets who got you here for the bottom line, i think you lost your direction.new guys really do not know how good it was.i know things change but the thing that bothers me is not telling us and just doing it . i think the best resource for what works it the guy in the trenches every day and not a reject from another co. there must of been some reason they left the other co like there decisions were bad.

Yea,ive seen that at other places.People and their failed ways of operating try to bring their baggage to another company and instill those failed ideas on another company.Not pretty..

i just hope some people in richmond listens and watches what is said sometimes and takes notice. sometimes the bottem line will also sink there ship. id rather see all boats rise and not sink all to try and save one