Yellow | 04-23-2006 More Layoffs At Yellow Freight

oldyellow

TB Lurker
Credits
The company laid off 10 drivers a couple of weeks ago. I heard 10 more notices sent out Friday at Columbus ,Ohio. Are any other Terminals laying off or just Columbus. Would like to hear from other Terminals on Layoffs !
:chairshot:

NRM has people with nearly 2 years seniority getting 55 hrs one week, then 3 days the next week... the natives are getting restless.

Here in Chicago 2nd week in a row ,there was a ad in the Sunday paper looking for EITHER EXPERIENCED OR NOT drivers .The ad said there is a training program .
Never seen Yellow or any other UNION company do so ..

layoffs

CVE two weeks ago layed off 17 Road drivers and then this week 20 more. What's up? :duh: Yellow must be giving freight to Big R and Holland to keep them from starving :biglaugh: Or could it be the (non-union) companies are taking our freight!

CVE_CISCO_1 said:
:tribehasspoken: CVE two weeks ago layed off 17 Road drivers and then this week 20 more. What's up? :duh: Yellow must be giving freight to Big R and Holland to keep them from starving :biglaugh: Or could it be the Scab companies are taking our freight!

Familyman said:
It's slow all over, I think the economy is going in the toilet.

FM
It's all been a smoke and mirrors game with the economy .... in one speech inflation has held steady, but they never seem to include energy or health care costs. Factor that in ... and we're in the toilet.
Life is good ..... for the rich !

flstc2000 said:
It's all been a smoke and mirrors game with the economy .... in one speech inflation has held steady, but they never seem to include energy or health care costs. Factor that in ... and we're in the toilet.
Life is good ..... for the rich !

Then I guess, since I refuse to take part in an economic slowdown, I'll just have to make myself one of the rich!:bgroovy: :cool: :goodvibes:
(I'm not one to wait and cry about money; if you don't have enough-- go make some!)

Sorry if I sounded mean; I didn't mean to. But always reading on here it's the rich's fault, or we need to revolt and punish the rich, or so on and so forth never seemed to put money into any of our pockets, to my understanding. My wife nailed it when my last company closed. I called her in the morning and said we were done. She said "It's a good thing it's still morning then-- you've still got the rest of the day to find another job as good as that one was!" And I did, in less than 5 hours. Go out and make something happen. If Yellow isn't what you nedd, go find somewhere else. If it is, supplement it while you wait. Or simply hang on. But to blame "the rich" just shows you aren't part of the solution..................

Yellow of Burnsville, Mn. is hiring 8 road drivers, and 10 for local. Training would be local.

Otherwise, training for over the road is in Wichita, KS. Couple more cities I found with openings. Owatonna, and Sauk Rapids, Mn.

Funny how they have been holding back on layoffs until they hire new guys in other places.

Maybe they don't want a laid off driver to make a move on an employment oppourtunity.

got laid off in nashville on saturday after waiting around for 2 weeks...guess when i got called for work?...yup, you guessed it, saturday.

jimmy g said:
Then I guess, since I refuse to take part in an economic slowdown, I'll just have to make myself one of the rich!:bgroovy: :cool: :goodvibes:
(I'm not one to wait and cry about money; if you don't have enough-- go make some!)

Sorry if I sounded mean; I didn't mean to. But always reading on here it's the rich's fault, or we need to revolt and punish the rich, or so on and so forth never seemed to put money into any of our pockets, to my understanding. My wife nailed it when my last company closed. I called her in the morning and said we were done. She said "It's a good thing it's still morning then-- you've still got the rest of the day to find another job as good as that one was!" And I did, in less than 5 hours. Go out and make something happen. If Yellow isn't what you nedd, go find somewhere else. If it is, supplement it while you wait. Or simply hang on. But to blame "the rich" just shows you aren't part of the solution..................

Exxon is on pace to earn $96 billion this year,thier Net income up 75%...I aint blamin know person...but the next time you gas your car...just think about it!!! :tongue0002:

Exxon CEO is getting 400 million dollars for retirement and the president for United Health Care already got 1.6 BILLION! Profit over people always wins the day, because the house wins by holding the cards (money)!