Yellow | 04-23-2006 More Layoffs At Yellow Freight

ain't that what cf did & speakimg of cf we were out on the express way & guess what went by us a cf trailer he was going to fast for me to see what was on the tractor? i would like to know why the union gave the companys the ok to ship by rail? you go by the rails on the weekend there has to be at least a 1000 trailers plus pups? just think! one driver for each rig i dont think old man hoffa would stand for that& yellow is going to do the same thing, give us what we want or we will leave your jurisdiction?? mj

Busier than ever!

My Kansas terminal has been busier than ever,and I'm talking about new customers and freight we did'nt get in the past.Laidoff men that I did'nt expect to see for months are working everyday.Saia has been trying to take some off are best customers,they must have a death wish because there's no way in Hell were going to let them.

ain't that what cf did & speakimg of cf we were out on the express way & guess what went by us a cf trailer he was going to fast for me to see what was on the tractor? i would like to know why the union gave the companys the ok to ship by rail? you go by the rails on the weekend there has to be at least a 1000 trailers plus pups? just think! one driver for each rig i dont think old man hoffa would stand for that& yellow is going to do the same thing, give us what we want or we will leave your jurisdiction?? mj

The union can have their cake and eat it too,, the railroads are part of the teamsters now, so Hoffa has the best of both worlds. He's keeping the railroads happy by shipping trailers with them

So slow at 313 (milwaukee) that there are CC's offered almost daily.
The feeling is they will be laying off about 10 more soon.

Laid off? In columbus?

the company laid off 10 drivers a couple of weeks ago. I heard 10 more notices sent out friday at columbus ,ohio. Are any other terminals laying off or just columbus. Would like to hear from other terminals on layoffs !
:chairshot:

i just tranfered to col. Mar.1,09 i've have only worked 2 trips but i haven't heard about any layoffs yet, and i'm at the bottom of the board.

I bid onto the extra board at 309. Haven't worked since the I got back in town on the 2nd. This morning I got a call telling me I was being moved back to the extra board at 301(cgb) due to layoffs. I don't have any numbers but I guess at least a few road drivers are on layoff in the Chicagoland area.

!!!!!!!!!! More Layoffs At Yellow Freight !!!!!!!!!! I'm a layed off road driver and was working the dime board this week and got a phone call from YRC today laying me off the dime board, I heard 20 road drivers layed off, 10 city etc. Not looking too good her at 218 CVE or 257 RFO, At the dock of 257 those yeahoo's in management have no clue to how the new (Roadway) computers work and productivity is way down, It's not the union side that's got things screwed up it's management I think they are more upset with the merger than the union side, Go figure.

why is it the same guys get the fork lift loads & the other guys get the cartons? ill, tell you why because the forklift guys are to lazy& the company cant get no bill count from them? even driving the forklift they dont work fast? myron:Flame-On: