Yellow | 04-23-2006 More Layoffs At Yellow Freight

I bid onto the extra board at 309. Haven't worked since the I got back in town on the 2nd. This morning I got a call telling me I was being moved back to the extra board at 301(cgb) due to layoffs. I don't have any numbers but I guess at least a few road drivers are on layoff in the Chicagoland area.

I heard they are laying off the bottom 50 from the Master Sen. List(most are at 301 xb that haven't worked since the merge) and then moving 50 from the 309 xb to the 301 xb. Doesn't make any sense to me, but whatever.:duh:

257/218 RFO/CVE has 118 road drivers layed off as of today.

How many road drivers out of 218 are layed off ???????????

I have been home since wednesday still have not got out

Rfo/Cve is one combined terminal (board) so the total is 118 road.
Inbound for today is only 40. slow. 75-80 inbound is normal for sat., before the merger

!!!!!!!!!! More Layoffs At Yellow Freight !!!!!!!!!! I'm a layed off road driver and was working the dime board this week and got a phone call from YRC today laying me off the dime board, I heard 20 road drivers layed off, 10 city etc. Not looking too good her at 218 CVE or 257 RFO, At the dock of 257 those yeahoo's in management have no clue to how the new (Roadway) computers work and productivity is way down, It's not the union side that's got things screwed up it's management I think they are more upset with the merger than the union side, Go figure.
Where is this "Yellow" freight Co.??????
And for that matter "Roadway".
Look at your paycheck and tell me what's the name on the top left corner.
The sooner the apes realize this the sooner we can move on.

Where is this "Yellow" freight Co.??????
And for that matter "Roadway".
Look at your paycheck and tell me what's the name on the top left corner.
The sooner the apes realize this the sooner we can move on.

Can't we all just get along?? :duh:

The Rainbow Coalition: :clap:
yrc_rainbow.jpg

I was a Yellow guy, ended up as a 10%er at Roadway after the merge, got laid off yesterday. I filed for unemployment today, & they have my employee as Roadway Express. What's up with that?

I was a Yellow guy, ended up as a 10%er at Roadway after the merge, got laid off yesterday. I filed for unemployment today, & they have my employee as Roadway Express. What's up with that?

My unemployment determination says Yellow Transportation INC. I don't care who they say or think I work for as long as I get that money! :smilie_132:

How can you have ended up at Roadway after the merge if Roadway no longer existed after the merge?? Inquiring minds want to know!! :duh:

How can you have ended up at Roadway after the merge if Roadway no longer existed after the merge?? Inquiring minds want to know!! :duh:

That's what I'd like to know.....when I was laid off in November, unemployment had my employer as Yellow Transportation. Yesterday, they have my current employer as Roadway Express. I've only worked at the Former Roadway aka YRC barn for 3 weeks. :wtflol:

That's what I'd like to know.....when I was laid off in November, unemployment had my employer as Yellow Transportation. Yesterday, they have my current employer as Roadway Express. I've only worked at the Former Roadway aka YRC barn for 3 weeks. :wtflol:
Same here at 251 Toledo..they posted a meeting at the union hall to elect road stewards "Roadway Road Drivers"
Felt like the red-headed step child..i guess it really dosent matter anymore..got laid-offed last night. When the question arose about work rules..it was always.."thats not the way roadway does it"..i guess in a way i am glad its over..the last coulple of years have been hell !!!!!!!:smilie_132:

Maybe because under the covers, YRC is using the former Roadway identification numbers (DOT, etc.) for business/governmental purposes. From the 10/1/2008 Sec. 8-K SEC filing:

Merger of Yellow Transportation into Roadway

Pursuant to the Company’s previously announced integration strategy, effective October 1, 2008, Yellow Transportation, Inc. (“Yellow Transportation”) and Roadway Express, Inc. (“Roadway”), each a wholly owned subsidiary of the Company, merged with Roadway as the surviving entity. At the effective time of the merger, Roadway was renamed “Yellow Roadway Corp.” Following the merger, the Company plans to change the name of Yellow Roadway Corp. to “YRC Inc.”

What really blows besides the wind is CVE/RFO 218/257 We have no freight lanes thanks to our Local that we have no representation from then and now. So our Terminal gets flooded with foreign drivers and with that little phrase of foreign driver courtousy we sit and wait by the phone and then get layed off again and again. We want to work and get along has for the hogs at the top of the board they're not retiring fast enough, So if we don't work they wont see a pension, right! Getting close to thinking about resigning and working for a non-union base company at least I'll be working everyday, I'm not getting younger waiting around to see if this new company is going to make or break it's self the way it's been going looks like it's been ear marked for failure.

Maybe because under the covers, YRC is using the former Roadway identification numbers (DOT, etc.) for business/governmental purposes. From the 10/1/2008 Sec. 8-K SEC filing:

Merger of Yellow Transportation into Roadway

Pursuant to the Company’s previously announced integration strategy, effective October 1, 2008, Yellow Transportation, Inc. (“Yellow Transportation”) and Roadway Express, Inc. (“Roadway”), each a wholly owned subsidiary of the Company, merged with Roadway as the surviving entity. At the effective time of the merger, Roadway was renamed “Yellow Roadway Corp.” Following the merger, the Company plans to change the name of Yellow Roadway Corp. to “YRC Inc.”

Under that theory, wouldn't everyone's unemployment list the same employer 'Roadway Express'? Some guys on here have YRC or Yellow Transportation Inc. as their employer.

Under that theory, wouldn't everyone's unemployment list the same employer 'Roadway Express'? Some guys on here have YRC or Yellow Transportation Inc. as their employer.

First of all, when you got laid off in November it was before the merge and you were laid off from Yellow Transportation. Makes perfect sense to me so far. Does it to you??

When you filed for unemployment after the merge, the company ID used by unemployment was the former Roadway ID since Roadway was technically the surviving company. Did you read and understand the SEC filing I posted? Roadway was the surviving company in the merge (which meant that the company ID number was very likely the former Roadway number). With me so far?? As of the merge the new company name was changed from Roadway to Yellow Roadway Corp. and then to YRC Inc. It's possible that some states have not yet changed the company name (YRC) which goes with the ID (former Roadway ID). No one has said their newly filed unemployment shows the Yellow Transportation name as far as I can tell.

Study all of this tonight and I'm going to give you a quiz on it tomorrow some time. OK?? :smilie_132: