Yellow | 04-23-2006 More Layoffs At Yellow Freight

First of all, when you got laid off in November it was before the merge and you were laid off from Yellow Transportation. Makes perfect sense to me so far. Does it to you??

When you filed for unemployment after the merge, the company ID used by unemployment was the former Roadway ID since Roadway was technically the surviving company. Did you read and understand the SEC filing I posted? Roadway was the surviving company in the merge (which meant that the company ID number was very likely the former Roadway number). With me so far?? As of the merge the new company name was changed from Roadway to Yellow Roadway Corp. and then to YRC Inc. It's possible that some states have not yet changed the company name (YRC) which goes with the ID (former Roadway ID). No one has said their newly filed unemployment shows the Yellow Transportation name as far as I can tell.

Study all of this tonight and I'm going to give you a quiz on it tomorrow some time. OK?? :smilie_132:

Gravey68 above says that his unemployment 'says' Yellow Transportation Inc.....that means currently...not 'said' as in past tense. You with me?:popcorn:

Gravey68 above says that his unemployment 'says' Yellow Transportation Inc.....that means currently...not 'said' as in past tense. You with me?:popcorn:

You're absolutely correct, he did say that:

My unemployment determination says Yellow Transportation INC. I don't care who they say or think I work for as long as I get that money! :smilie_132:

He doesn't say though when he filed for unemployment or when he last worked. If he filed before the merge it would make sense that Yellow Transportation would be his last employer and that would be the name that would show. Or possibly if he hasn't worked since the merge, all his qualifying work was under Yellow Transportation and maybe that's why that name is still being used. I'm with you, are you still with me?? :smilie_132:

You're absolutely correct, he did say that:

He doesn't say though when he filed for unemployment or when he last worked. If he filed before the merge it would make sense that Yellow Transportation would be his last employer and that would be the name that would show. Or possibly if he hasn't worked since the merge, all his qualifying work was under Yellow Transportation and maybe that's why that name is still being used. I'm with you, are you still with me?? :smilie_132:

I'm with you on the address to that corner.

I already apoligized in another thread, to do so again would surely break some forum rule. But for the chance at getting close to zenbubbas avatar....I will risk the rath of the Mods. Forgive me Larry. :rolleyes1: Now on to the Yellow Brick Road to that AVATAR.......SOMMMMEWHEEEEREE OOOOVERRR THE RAINBOW. :kiss2:

I already apoligized in another thread, to do so again would surely break some forum rule. But for the chance at getting close to zenbubbas avatar....I will risk the rath of the Mods. Forgive me Larry. :rolleyes1: Now on to the Yellow Brick Road to that AVATAR.......SOMMMMEWHEEEEREE OOOOVERRR THE RAINBOW. :kiss2:

LOL! How could I refuse this?

Correction layed off from YRC-WW, the last I heard we have a total of 60 layed off road drivers at CVE 218/RFO 257 two terminals but a one roof policy. as for filing unemployment the job that I left after being layed off with YELLOW TRANSPORTATION, I qui when I got called back to YRC sat around for two weeks then got layed off and can't collect due to the job I quit, then I worked the dime board dock for one week and more lay offs came and got bumped off the dock. took all classifications and still waiting by the phone sounds like economy and my local are to blame and getting pushed down the senority ladder when the merger took place I'm not mad I just want to work!

Correction layed off from YRC-WW, the last I heard we have a total of 60 layed off road drivers at CVE 218/RFO 257 two terminals but a one roof policy. as for filing unemployment the job that I left after being layed off with YELLOW TRANSPORTATION, I qui when I got called back to YRC sat around for two weeks then got layed off and can't collect due to the job I quit, then I worked the dime board dock for one week and more lay offs came and got bumped off the dock. took all classifications and still waiting by the phone sounds like economy and my local are to blame and getting pushed down the senority ladder when the merger took place I'm not mad I just want to work!
What was the reason given for not allowing you to collect unemployment? Did you work any at all for YRC? The reason I am asking is that I am about in the same situation here in Columbus OH.

What they did was disgusting. Call people back, some of them had other jobs. You have 2 weeks to come back. You tell your current employer you are leaving. Only to be laid right back off from YRC a week later. No wonder everyone hates working here.
YRC sucks a....

If they really need us, call us. This playing games has got to stop, peoples futures are on the line here. As for the unemployment goes because I quit the other job was a conflict with the states rules, I did end up working on the dock after I got layed off. but now I'm between a rock and a hard place with no income. I'm about ready to resign. And go back on the road with someone that has longivity.