ODFL | 04's and 05's coming back to linehaul?

TB Lurker
Credits
i heard yesterday that they are wanting to take the new 13 and 14 trucks off linehaul, and put the 04 and 05's back on because they didn't run enough miles on them before they put the 07's on. anyone hear anything like this? i'm hoping not. i've been putting my time in hoping for a nice shiny 15 this year. all of our 04 and 05's have been completely trashed by the city guys

:fingure::wtflol:just for that I will make sure you will drive a 04-05 the rest of your sorry life at OD.Those truck's were trash'd when the arrive in local.Just saying
i heard yesterday that they are wanting to take the new 13 and 14 trucks off linehaul, and put the 04 and 05's back on because they didn't run enough miles on them before they put the 07's on. anyone hear anything like this? i'm hoping not. i've been putting my time in hoping for a nice shiny 15 this year. all of our 04 and 05's have been completely trashed by the city guys

Conway did this years ago we had 20yr guys running 99s on a 600 mile run it was a brutal year

It would be funny if they put all the new trucks in the city and make all the linehaul drivers go back to driving 05 and 07 tractors.

It would be funny if they put all the new trucks in the city and make all the linehaul drivers go back to driving 05 and 07 tractors.

Yeah, these trucks are new and need to broken in slowly. Besides if we throw them on linehaul right away and put 200k miles on it in the first year the resale value will be in the can.

Some of you new L/H guys need to get the FLD experience so you can tell your grandkids you got to drive somewhat of an old truck back in the day.

Perhaps at his barn he has a few divas that only been working there a few months who think they're entitled to new equipment just because they're on L/H. We have them at ours. Guys get hired right out of school and before their first year they're complaining that they drive a Columbia while making only double what they would've at your avg OTR carrier.

Not a chance of that happening!They're having problems with the exhaust regen when the'13s-'14s are being used in town occasionally,it would be a maintenance nightmare if they would be full-time P/D units.Besides OD would have to re-tag any '04-05 units to run the road at some expense.For the past 80 years new units go to linehaul 70301 you need to ignore the city guys BSing in the breakroom.

We have dock guys the that do some yard hosteling that wouldn't be caught dead in a Columbia!and some P/D guys also,Which is kind of strange because the Columbias are much more maneuverable,and have better outward visability than the Cascadias.
Perhaps at his barn he has a few divas that only been working there a few months who think they're entitled to new equipment just because they're on L/H. We have them at ours. Guys get hired right out of school and before their first year they're complaining that they drive a Columbia while making only double what they would've at your avg OTR carrier.

Not a chance of that happening!They're having problems with the exhaust regen when the'13s-'14s are being used in town occasionally,it would be a maintenance nightmare if they would be full-time P/D units.Besides OD would have to re-tag any '04-05 units to run the road at some expense.For the past 80 years new units go to linehaul 70301 you need to ignore the city guys BSing in the breakroom.

That's a myth, we have guys running 13 and 14 trucks only in the city with no issues. These trucks were built for both duties.

We have dock guys the that do some yard hosteling that wouldn't be caught dead in a Columbia!and some P/D guys also,Which is kind of strange because the Columbias are much more maneuverable,and have better outward visability than the Cascadias.

Even the tandem axle Columbia maneuver better than the the single axle Cascadia. Tight turning can be done in the newer rigs, but it just feels more like maneuvering a tank. Not sure why we didn't go with the shorter nose trucks for the type of work we're in.

we have 7 03/04 centurys on our lot, they have been un tagged and un marked for over a year just sitting and waiting for to be needed again.

I don't want a new tractor to work P&D.I would rather have a old scratch'd up truck.Just so it's clean on inside&run's good is all I care about.

In the break room on the clock most likely. I didn't think about the re-gen issue, but we got 80k registrations along with the IFTA stickers for all our 04's and 05's today. I honestly don't care as long as it's clean (ours are not) and runs good, but it sure would be nice to have a nice comfy, quiet ride for those 500 miles every night