ODFL | 04's and 05's coming back to linehaul?

In the break room on the clock most likely. I didn't think about the re-gen issue, but we got 80k registrations along with the IFTA stickers for all our 04's and 05's today. I honestly don't care as long as it's clean (ours are not) and runs good, but it sure would be nice to have a nice comfy, quiet ride for those 500 miles every night

I understand your point, however their are a lot of drivers that have been here a long time that have yet to see a new/newer tractor. Be patient.

That's a myth, we have guys running 13 and 14 trucks only in the city with no issues. These trucks were built for both duties.

Several terminal that have 2012 and 2013 trucks only running city are having major regen problems with those trucks now the trucks tgat run city by day and Linehaul by night don't have as many problems as they are able to regen going down the road on Linehaul and don't have enough highway time in the city to regen

Several terminal that have 2012 and 2013 trucks only running city are having major regen problems with those trucks now the trucks tgat run city by day and Linehaul by night don't have as many problems as they are able to regen going down the road on Linehaul and don't have enough highway time in the city to regen

Must be a bad batch. Can't just leave new trucks on line forever, they'll have to run city eventually which will always be part of OD's operation. Many of the terminals around here have no issues along with all the numerous local food, ltl and tanker outfits that run these new Cascadias. Around here line guys would love to throw that excuse at the boss to keep city guys in the junk they've chain smoked in.

In the break room on the clock most likely. I didn't think about the re-gen issue, but we got 80k registrations along with the IFTA stickers for all our 04's and 05's today. I honestly don't care as long as it's clean (ours are not) and runs good, but it sure would be nice to have a nice comfy, quiet ride for those 500 miles every night

Maybe the 14's are better. I've been operating a new truck for 30k miles now! 20+ stops a day! Truck has never thrown a code or given me a lick of trouble! Very reliable rig to put in the city. Some of the Cascadias that only run linehaul see the shop weekly. (But then again, any truck some of these guys drive sees the shop weekly LOL) These new rigs are out on the road everyday proving themselves for OD, Conway, Sysco, US Foods and the list goes on.... Unless there's proof I'm going to call it part of the rumor mill that seems to run rampant on the CB at night.

CASCADIA: BEST modern day truck in the world to run in the city! May not be the sharpest to look at, but sure does get the job done offering plenty of visibility, large mirrors and a comfortable ride.

According to our shop the truck has to run continuous highway miles for 30 to 45 min to regen the city trucks giving them trouble are the trucks that don't go far from the term and never get a chance to regen on the highway

PAR shop seems to agree with MRT.
According to our shop the truck has to run continuous highway miles for 30 to 45 min to regen the city trucks giving them trouble are the trucks that don't go far from the term and never get a chance to regen on the highway

Does seem that the newer model's are better at regen.We have one city driver that'shas a 09-10 Cascadia & he has problem's all the time.He has to leave it in the shop in the evening when he go's home so the shop can regen.Never hear any problem's out of the 12-13-14 Tandem's that are running in the city

Does seem that the newer model's are better at regen.We have one city driver that'shas a 09-10 Cascadia & he has problem's all the time.He has to leave it in the shop in the evening when he go's home so the shop can regen.Never hear any problem's out of the 12-13-14 Tandem's that are running in the city

If those darn line drivers quit breaking them at night they'd run just fine in the city!!! ***Heard*** From multiple sources that sit outside the office smoking ciggies.

Here in Cali due to the stricter laws they took all the 05-07 awhile ago.But we got some of the older Cascadians.Mostly 09 without all the fairings and NO DEF ! Most were pretty clean and the DD runs great.In fact a couple of the lower line drivers grab them.I don't mind them but I'm P&D and have no "assigned" truck.

All the newest trucks here are Volvos.I actually had to test run a couple of them because the CIC drivers were having engine lights coming on in new trucks.They're not too bad but would still prefer an old Cascadian to a new Volvo.

I had heard they also had to scrap all the Volvo's back a couple year's ago because they didn't meet California Emision's.Sure would have loved to have one back over here to run local
Here in Cali due to the stricter laws they took all the 05-07 awhile ago.But we got some of the older Cascadians.Mostly 09 without all the fairings and NO DEF ! Most were pretty clean and the DD runs great.In fact a couple of the lower line drivers grab them.I don't mind them but I'm P&D and have no "assigned" truck.

All the newest trucks here are Volvos.I actually had to test run a couple of them because the CIC drivers were having engine lights coming on in new trucks.They're not too bad but would still prefer an old Cascadian to a new Volvo.

we traded 2 volvos and 1 cascadia to cali for 3 07 columbias. Our shop manager was not happy with the trade at all.spent time and money to repair and restore. they look okay now. we had 4 more that were supposed to be traded but that never happened

My preference of tractor is Volvo... Seems like it's easier to find the right spot with the seat and I love the fact the accelerator isn't grounded to the floor. I can slide my feet up under the pedals and stretch out. Mas stylin and profilin!:shift: