ABF | 064 dockworkers

bad slavin

TB Lurker
Credits
Please ,please ,please , tighten up the loads!!! Every load we get at 184 has freight tipped over or scattered . If it is done on purpose , you are not screwing the company, you are screwing a brother teamster. The supervisor does not care, he is in his warm office while we are picking up the sh$t off of the floor. Some of the wrap is thrown on top of the freight, ( done on purpose ? ) if you want more people on a layoff ,then a goodway is to keep damaging the freight, customers love their freight crushed and torn open. A.B.F. makes a killing on damaged freight when it goes to salvage. tighten up the loads please!!

Please ,please ,please , tighten up the loads!!! Every load we get at 184 has freight tipped over or scattered . If it is done on purpose , you are not screwing the company, you are screwing a brother teamster. The supervisor does not care, he is in his warm office while we are picking up the sh$t off of the floor. Some of the wrap is thrown on top of the freight, ( done on purpose ? ) if you want more people on a layoff ,then a goodway is to keep damaging the freight, customers love their freight crushed and torn open. A.B.F. makes a killing on damaged freight when it goes to salvage. tighten up the loads please!!

Have to agree the loads are terrible. They will break down a pallet & fill the last spot on the trailer with empty skids WTF???? & like you said about the shrink wrap say the skid was 7ft why cut 3ft of the wrap??? do you think its going to stay intact??? The only reason for this is the person loading is a dick plain & simple. What other terminals are feed by 064 are you having the same problem?

I do not want to go that route. I posted on the boards to ask that the loads be tightened up . I've been in freight since 1995, i'm sure a few other dock workers have cursed me out a time or two when they had to pry the door open, however, i try to load trailers tight to ride ( dunnage ,skids ,airbags) It is not always perfect. The supervisor see it , he is out on the dock . When i said he is in the office ,it was sarcasm!!!! My point was the labor guy is picking up the freight that is scattered not management!!!! We have very good management here, i am trying to avoid getting them involved by coming here to ask the loads be tightened up, not to start a war between terminals.

It been like that for a while when worked inbound 064 loads where notorious for staking to the roof on one side with either nothing in front in back or on the side, take your pick. Pictures were taken for damages and such and it never did change much. I'm on a different bid now not sure if it's the same still.

Thanks for your reply. I made a sarcastic remark about my supervisor on my original post. At no time would i intentionally damage his reputation . He is one of the best that i have worked for . I apologize for my poor choice of words . i threw in the comment as to say , he is not the one cleaning up the mess. He does not spend his entire shift in the office,he has a busy workload and cannot be inspecting every trailer that is opened,which is why i asked for help on the boards, i also posted for help on 6/3/ 09 , not much has changed. I hope my apology is accepted by anyone i offended. I will choose my words more wisely in the future.

Stripped alot of 064 trls. this week. Thank you very much for the loads!!! The trailers were a pleasure to unload, tight and together. Keep up the good work!!! Thank You !! Thank You!!!! ( no sarcastic remark, honest !)

Dear Judy,

Congrats on your new job as the first women CEO of a Major Corporation in Arkansas. We need your help here in Dayton. Some of us have helped to make this company profitable for over 20 years and we still can't have the weekend off to spend with our families. The management here thinks that moral should be just fine and that we should maybe even support you with wage concessions but that's really hard to do when they keep taking away time from our family. I would really like to see one of my kids ball games or maybe even spend a little more time with my significant other but I can't . Please Help!

Regards, Dayton, OH. Dock workers.