07 in shambles

Discussion in 'New Penn' started by Gto561, Jun 10, 2017.

1. vongrimmenstein

vongrimmenstein Well-Known Member

There is a employee that has 33 years in the union. Started @ 18. He knows how it should work & how to fix problems. Most TM's in the past had respect & would listen & use his help. The current TM is just the reverse. Our 33 year veteran will call him an idiot or moron to his face. He has told the TM to not even talk to him. If he wants to communicate with him get a Steward or BA before any conversation. And from what I hear, that is exactly what happens. Of course he has 33 years vested & could retire today. And the TM knows it. The old school managers in LTL trucking, did dock work. Did city P & D. Did line haul driving. They have experience & know what does & does not work for a LTL outfit to profit. Now days it is fresh college degrees hired to work the dock, line haul, & how to run a city dispatch board with 4 years of college & no days of trucking. I understand out with the old & in with the new. But the new breed does not come up thru the ranks & then promoted to run a company's operations because they have experienced it & know what to do. The ships captain now has a liberal arts degree or a degree in business in hand, with NO idea on how to steer the ship. Man the life boats, for ya all gonna need them. von.

slavenomore and Havoc like this.
  2. wongway

wongway -15% Pay & Broke Pension Fund

Don't feel bad as Holland barns are in the Shambles !

Toby and slavenomore like this.
  3. slavenomore

slavenomore US Gov Hears Foreign Corps More Than Nonunions

Almost by design, right?

Toby likes this.
  4. Toby

Toby Well-Known Member

It is by design that both Holland and New Penn is in shambles. We were the money makers and we had efficient systems that are now being utilized by other companies, while we can no longer operate and choose profitable freight as we once did.

If the regionals and even YRCW survives another 5-7 yrs it will be a miracle. At some point the banks will call the note on this mess.

slavenomore likes this.
  5. LarWoo

LarWoo Member

All they have to know is how to manage numbers

6. slavenomore

You use that word manage loosely. What does it mean?

It's all coming from YRC all these pressures to do everything that is stupid.. NPME bosses are just doing as told it seems.
    And what they're told doesn't seem.like a money making proposition.
    What looks good on paper....doesn't seem to work very smoothly.

Toby likes this.
  7. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

I suspect that all of their managers are either YRC lackeys (lackeys of lackeys) or people who are just using the place for a stepping stone for a decent job elsewhere.

Toby likes this.
  8. slavenomore

Actually a lot of them don't like YRC....but just as we do,they have to do as they are told........the ones who probably enjoy doing as they are told hold the 2 high seats in Corporate....and they came from elsewhere together.

allnightrain44 likes this.
  9. allnightrain44

allnightrain44 Active Member

we could only hope and pray they would leave and go elsewhere together!!! today freight from #10 couldn't even get delivered in fredrick md, overnight. that's those two high seats in corporates doing.....they talk about the amazon mentality, of delivering it yesterday, they wave of the future, there 6 months crap letter they sent out...they had a next day system in place and destroyed it... now they talk about needing to do quick deliverys.... hey, maybe these new hand- helds will make the deliverys and pick ups for us!!!

10. slavenomore

I heard 07 was getting a new TM from corporate....and he quit instead of going there.....Give the freight back to 02.
    But we don't even have enough guys to cover what they left us.
    The banks really know how to make the rules to turn a profit don't they??
    They should've taken it all from corporate..........no good pay=nobody wants the job...and nobody drives the trucks for a trucking company.......the banks should've stayed in banking....and left the contract to us..if they really wanted to be paid back......all I've seen is waste and going backwards since they said they needed their money more than we needed the money.....a little patience and they would've gotten more than they've been getting with these deals they made.

11. Gto561

Gto561 Member

a new TM ? the current one on the hot seat perhaps?

12. slavenomore

Very sorry..I got the wrong number.....Philly is the terminal..not Maspeth.

13. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

I've been hearing that things are so poorly run at #02 that it's amazing that they're even still open today. My source is credible but the stories are un be lievable.

14. frtgod54

frtgod54 Member

turnover is unreal.the next one is worse than the one before

15. Gto561

Gto561 Member

apparently the new problem in Maspeth is the new operations manager John T. this guy has gone full-blown retard with his decision making, all the while the TM sits back and says nothing unless the problem is brought to him. i will say this, there's a couple of drivers who have let him have it lol. too bad more haven't joined in

16. allnightrain44

allnightrain44 Active Member

where did this guy come from?

17. Keepingon

Keepingon Well-Known Member

He was the lowest bidder. :17142:

18. frtgod54

frtgod54 Member

not funny probably correct. cheap and obedient

19. Gto561

Gto561 Member

I've heard from a dump on Long Island called On-Time Trucking. they're a contractor that hauls for FedEx & a few others

20. vongrimmenstein

vongrimmenstein Well-Known Member

So why are you still working there. A little risk on your part & you can work where you will spend your time driving rather than posting. Is the grass not so green on the other side? von.