SAIA | 09s

09 tractors

drove 09 cornbinder a while back doesnt have the driver comforts like the volvos no armrest on the seat,seat ws very uncomfortable to me ,had new vorad and forward looking cam. this new electronics sends sat sign strait to dsptch so watch your following dist and road speed when u r in one.atl drvr drove one to cin.and back to atl,was suspended for road speed exceeding 70 on 2 occasions on trip.just a heads up!!dont need to b losing a job nowadays.

drove 09 cornbinder a while back doesnt have the driver comforts like the volvos no armrest on the seat,seat ws very uncomfortable to me ,had new vorad and forward looking cam. this new electronics sends sat sign strait to dsptch so watch your following dist and road speed when u r in one.atl drvr drove one to cin.and back to atl,was suspended for road speed exceeding 70 on 2 occasions on trip.just a heads up!!dont need to b losing a job nowadays.

I think some of the later 08's must have the forward looking cam on them. Reason being I drove an 086xx tonight, and it had something attached above the visor that looked like a cam.

A guy from my terminal talked with someone who had driven a new International, and the guy told him the same thing you just posted. No power mirrors, uncomfortable seat, etc. I tell you one thing...if they start ordering all tractors without armrests, I will stay in my 05 forever. I can't do without it!

I think some of the later 08's must have the forward looking cam on them. Reason being I drove an 086xx tonight, and it had something attached above the visor that looked like a cam.

A guy from my terminal talked with someone who had driven a new International, and the guy told him the same thing you just posted. No power mirrors, uncomfortable seat, etc. I tell you one thing...if they start ordering all tractors without armrests, I will stay in my 05 forever. I can't do without it!

A friend of mine drives for Saia and he drove one of ya'lls 09's the other nite and he sat on the side of the road for 45 minutes while I was talking to him on the phone. Had to sit there and wait on the computer to go through it's cycle with the cat converter. Wow thats movin the freight on down the road!!!!:smilie_132:

A friend of mine drives for Saia and he drove one of ya'lls 09's the other nite and he sat on the side of the road for 45 minutes while I was talking to him on the phone. Had to sit there and wait on the computer to go through it's cycle with the cat converter. Wow thats movin the freight on down the road!!!!:smilie_132:

That's not just our trucks, that is all 2008 and newer models. The Diesel Particulate Filter is yet another piece of crap the hippies forced the OEM's to put on their tractors; just like they made all vehicles have an EGR valve. Supposedly the faster you drive, the less often the "DPF" will need to regen itself. Atleast that's what the memo stated that the company sent out.

U guys know to much 4 at the end of your day saia owns that truck and U go home!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DONT GET ME WRONG LOVE MY JOB, LOVE SAIA BUT NOT MY TRUCK, GOT A FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

U guys know to much 4 at the end of your day saia owns that truck and U go home!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DONT GET ME WRONG LOVE MY JOB, LOVE SAIA BUT NOT MY TRUCK, GOT A FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really like my job, but I really like my tractor too. I like to provide for the wife and I more than I enjoy my truck though. If it came down to switch tractors or lose my job, I would switch tractors. Until then, I plan to stay in my old '05 for the near future. I've had it a year or two, have all my stuff in it, and the two most important things. The seat is comfortable, and it has an armrest.

I've driven the same '03 since the first day that it was in service, it's comfortable and so far very reliable. I would rather keep it then mess with all the new gadgets on the '09.

and the two most important things. The seat is comfortable, and it has an armrest.
I agree ... The seat is at the top of the list , all the other things fall under ..extra..... since I drive a tiny KW(for a different company) I use the other seats arm rest .....:smilie_132:

I really like my job, but I really like my tractor too. I like to provide for the wife and I more than I enjoy my truck though. If it came down to switch tractors or lose my job, I would switch tractors. Until then, I plan to stay in my old '05 for the near future. I've had it a year or two, have all my stuff in it, and the two most important things. The seat is comfortable, and it has an armrest.

Unlike the guys that spec these trucks out, we have to spend the majority of our time inside the trucks. An arm rest, remote mirrors, and other seemingly minor creature comforts make all the difference in the world as to how well we can perform the given task. I guess if we handcuffed the chief spec officer to his chair, took off the armrests, and bolted the chair to the floor of his office and didn't allow him out until 10 or 11 hours was over he might think otherwise about excluding something so minor from the specs for the trucks.

my 99 tandem finally bit the dust friday afternoon now i am stuck with an 08, real cramped on the inside no leg room im just not feeling that 08 single axle

Had to get in an 03 this last bid for heavy HST freight. Trk was filthy but solid. Got it cleaned pretty good and will be happy with it till it gives out or my bid changes. Only has bout 980000 miles. Oh and it has an armrest.

yea seen the guys tow away my 99 this morning just might only be a head gasket blown, I hope so this 08 is kicking my tail!!! I just cant stand the single axles, they ride like my 97 Quad mack dump!!!!! Oh yea and I have 2 arm rest 4 both arms in the mack!!!!!!!!!

my 99 tandem finally bit the dust friday afternoon now i am stuck with an 08, real cramped on the inside no leg room im just not feeling that 08 single axle

I'm glad it's not just me. The 065xx+ series tractors seem like the seat sits closer to the dash and the seatback doesn't recline as far. I prefer not to drive them, but I just think about the alternative. I could be in a boxhead 98. Hated those...

my 01 is going strong 1gal oil a week 1gal antifreeze every 2 weeks and shes good to go and ive got shiney wheels a big ole chrome bumper thats not bent up or dented, fancy interior and the beloved arm rest ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

That's not just our trucks, that is all 2008 and newer models. The Diesel Particulate Filter is yet another piece of crap the hippies forced the OEM's to put on their tractors; just like they made all vehicles have an EGR valve. Supposedly the faster you drive, the less often the "DPF" will need to regen itself. Atleast that's what the memo stated that the company sent out.

Yeah I know. I kinda hope we (Big E) lay off buying those for a while. The Internationals, they tell me, are having the same problems.At least till they get the bugs worked out.

I don't wanna drive another 09 for awhile. In the last 2 weeks I've been stuck twice because of the doggone thing not regening. Fortunately I was within 250 miles of a shop with each tractor and made it in by stage 3. They are a pain until they get this regen thing fixed. In both cases a parked regen did not work. The mechanics blame it on day drivers not letting it regen. I was reading the manual while doing myparked regen the other night, and it does say something about kicking it off after too long will result in it having to go back to Volvo for repair. Either way it is BS. I hope they get this resolved, it's time consuming.

The first time I drove a regen equipped truck I didn't know about the regen system. I noticed the monitor kept me telling me something was at stage 1, then 2, then 3,and then STOP. I called into road repair and he said that I had let it go too far and that the truck would have to be taken to a vendor to service the system. He said that anytime prior to stage 4, the driver can stop and manually regen. It takes about 30 minutes, according to roadside repair.
My '03 is just fine with me.

I snapped some pics of a new International this morning, but you can't make anything out other than the general shape and the trailers. If I see another one, I will try to get some better pics.