TForce | 1 1/2 late on friday or? ?

wtfcares

TB Lurker
Credits
heard from a friend of friend of friend that richmond disp told them no to be surprised if turns go sunday thru thursday and day shift tues thru sat goes mon thru friday.

heard from a friend of friend of friend that richmond disp told them no to be surprised if turns go sunday thru thursday and day shift tues thru sat goes mon thru friday.

Now that's a process!

The company can't make a significant change like that by just sending out a PCM - like they did with the Friday adjustment...

A major change like this is protected under Article 40 - Change of Operations

I'm not saying that it isn't do-able...

What I'm saying is that the company will have to go through the formalities of presentation to the union - allowing for negotiations (give and take - a major change like this will come with a price - we will have to get something in return!)

we are just talking about the road drivers. moving the freight so it can get out on the street is what we do. so why not do it in a way that makes sense. the freight is not going anywhere Friday night, so let them that work on saturday on the dock load them to the max and we can hook and book, then turn and burn home sunday night. we could have friday and saturday night with families. i bet there would be less vacation days taken this way!

With all the things to hash out and get fixed people are concerned about what day they start working. I see that there are many other problems that should be worked out and start times aren't my first priority

Now that's a process!

The company can't make a significant change like that by just sending out a PCM - like they did with the Friday adjustment...

A major change like this is protected under Article 40 - Change of Operations

I'm not saying that it isn't do-able...

What I'm saying is that the company will have to go through the formalities of presentation to the union - allowing for negotiations (give and take - a major change like this will come with a price - we will have to get something in return!)
You (we,me) will get something in return.....A full weekend (Friday and Saturday off) Wooo Hooo:1036316054: