TForce | 1/4/09

I thought it was as of 1/1/09. When I got my last raise, on 11/13/08, it included that day as well as everyday that followed, even though it was in the middle of the week.

I thought it was as of 1/1/09. When I got my last raise, on 11/13/08, it included that day as well as everyday that followed, even though it was in the middle of the week.
....."one-half shall be implemented in the first pay period in January and the second half will be implemented in first pay period after July 1 of each year."

NonUnion just got our raises, .70 cents for hourly, half in Jan. then the rest in July and .174 cents per mile for roads drivers also split for the year. They also announced overtime for 40+. WOW, the Wrath of Brown is really changing hearts and minds, this may not be as good as the contract, but we arent paying dues and fighting over the wording issues.

NonUnion just got our raises, .70 cents for hourly, half in Jan. then the rest in July and .174 cents per mile for roads drivers also split for the year. They also announced overtime for 40+. WOW, the Wrath of Brown is really changing hearts and minds, this may not be as good as the contract, but we arent paying dues and fighting over the wording issues.

So the raise is the same as us, the overtime is just after 40 not 8 hrs, and you still have to pay more for your health insurance.

So the raise is the same as us, the overtime is just after 40 not 8 hrs, and you still have to pay more for your health insurance.

Hey,the company really has your best interest at heart. Good luck getting your holiday pay next year ! If your not in the union....this years holiday pay was a gift from the Co. . The union got it IN WRITING !

Hey,the company really has your best interest at heart. Good luck getting your holiday pay next year ! If your not in the union....this years holiday pay was a gift from the Co. . The union got it IN WRITING !

The Non Union terminals were getting paid for the holidays reguardless if we had to work that friday or not, it was the unionized terminals having the problems with that. And as far as insurance goes, it's actually cheaper now, sure it might go up, but right now it hasnt changed, I'll keep you posted, I may sound anti-union in my post, but I was all for it in the beginning, and almost lost my job trying to get it in my terminal, now I just look like a trouble maker to my co-workers and anything I say is just laughed at.I think I'm the only one left in all the NonUnion terms looking and posting on this board, The negativity got to much for the others and they dont even look on here anymore, there is no unity, we dont even follow the same rules. ex. we are still picking our vacations, and with no deadline.

If you take the union dues and add them to the insurance prem. you are paying about $10.00 less per week. Lets do the math $10.00 x 52 weeks = $520.00 x 5 years = $2600.00 401 k match based on $60,000 per year $ 60,000 x 6% = $1800.00 x 5 years $9000.00 Safety bouns $300.00 per year x 5 years = $1500.00 $9000+$1500= 10500-$2600= $7900.00 less for the length of the contract.:chairshot: Plus the insurance we have now sucks compared to non union insurance I had before :TR10driving03:

....."one-half shall be implemented in the first pay period in January and the second half will be implemented in first pay period after July 1 of each year."

This is in the contract, but you'll be happy to see in your check on thursday they did start the raises on 1/1/09. Last July was the same raises started on the 1st.

isn't that amazing

tell me nitrain, how did you get the same benefits and payraise as the u boys and not have to file a grievence.got to court.contact 5 lawyers and spend a month in court to get it.u must b a golden boy....i wanna grow up to b just like u...best of wishes to all ups freight employees and hope they get what they deserve not they just want,,take care,,,,fat boy 04:1036316054:

The Non Union terminals were getting paid for the holidays reguardless if we had to work that friday or not, it was the unionized terminals having the problems with that. And as far as insurance goes, it's actually cheaper now, sure it might go up, but right now it hasnt changed, I'll keep you posted, I may sound anti-union in my post, but I was all for it in the beginning, and almost lost my job trying to get it in my terminal, now I just look like a trouble maker to my co-workers and anything I say is just laughed at.I think I'm the only one left in all the NonUnion terms looking and posting on this board, The negativity got to much for the others and they dont even look on here anymore, there is no unity, we dont even follow the same rules. ex. we are still picking our vacations, and with no deadline.

No, you do not sound antiunion, you people are getting what you are working for, the reason the rest of us lost the match for the 401 is retirees & people on disability now have cobra at a cost of $500.00/ month as opposed to $900.00 / month, we also get the OT after 8, and 40, and by the looks of things we are getting the INS. at a little bit of a loss in comparison, but not that big of a differance, for the family plan on the INS. I pay $150.00 a month, as opposed to before $320.00 per month, and the package we get except for the health INS. is the same as you people. Add $60.00 a month for union dues $210.00 a month. I save $169.00 a month. That is $2029.56 a year that can now go into my savings plan, or in my pocket. My choice not the companies choice.

The greivance process has proven to be good thus far, I may have had to grieve the the holiday's but if our TM does not like someone for whatever reason, he has to now go through the grievance process to terminate them, locally, I did not have to drive 200 miles away to defend myself, and if found "NOT GUILTY" I get all the backpay, as opposed to before, you were on your own.

And remember, you people are still at will, we are not, that is a big benefit in itself knowing we can only be fired for just cause. And furthermore, who is to say we have lost the safety bonus? I have heard rumors, but nothing more.

With the OT after 8 I now put close to $150.00 to $200.00 more a week in my pocket as opposed to before and lost on holiday weeks, in order to get OT in a holiday week I had to work over 45 hrs. in 4 days.

Just just taking $100.00 dollars a week more with OT after 8 is $5200.00 dollars a year, add that to the savings in my INS. that is 10,000.00 a year, let alone the raises. And those who do not have the family plan on the ins. make more then I at the end of the year.

I would say for a first contract we have done pretty well, and hopefully in the future we do just as well, and nonunion alike.
Believe me, you get what you work for, union or non union.

No, you do not sound antiunion, you people are getting what you are working for, the reason the rest of us lost the match for the 401 is retirees & people on disability now have cobra at a cost of $500.00/ month as opposed to $900.00 / month, we also get the OT after 8, and 40, and by the looks of things we are getting the INS. at a little bit of a loss in comparison, but not that big of a differance, for the family plan on the INS. I pay $150.00 a month, as opposed to before $320.00 per month, and the package we get except for the health INS. is the same as you people. Add $60.00 a month for union dues $210.00 a month. I save $169.00 a month. That is $2029.56 a year that can now go into my savings plan, or in my pocket. My choice not the companies choice.

The greivance process has proven to be good thus far, I may have had to grieve the the holiday's but if our TM does not like someone for whatever reason, he has to now go through the grievance process to terminate them, locally, I did not have to drive 200 miles away to defend myself, and if found "NOT GUILTY" I get all the backpay, as opposed to before, you were on your own.

And remember, you people are still at will, we are not, that is a big benefit in itself knowing we can only be fired for just cause. And furthermore, who is to say we have lost the safety bonus? I have heard rumors, but nothing more.

With the OT after 8 I now put close to $150.00 to $200.00 more a week in my pocket as opposed to before and lost on holiday weeks, in order to get OT in a holiday week I had to work over 45 hrs. in 4 days.

Just just taking $100.00 dollars a week more with OT after 8 is $5200.00 dollars a year, add that to the savings in my INS. that is 10,000.00 a year, let alone the raises. And those who do not have the family plan on the ins. make more then I at the end of the year.

I would say for a first contract we have done pretty well, and hopefully in the future we do just as well, and nonunion alike.
Believe me, you get what you work for, union or non union.

Well said, I have tried to get a Driver from a Union terminal to come down and explain this to the hard- headed bunch and the company just wont do it, I have almost gotten into fights argueing these same words you spoke, someone will always come up with a trump card to knock me out of the game, so I just gave up, Thank you Teamsters, for all you have done to help us Non-unions stay in the game.

tell me nitrain, how did you get the same benefits and payraise as the u boys and not have to file a grievence.got to court.contact 5 lawyers and spend a month in court to get it.u must b a golden boy....i wanna grow up to b just like u...best of wishes to all ups freight employees and hope they get what they deserve not they just want,,take care,,,,fat boy 04:1036316054:

Worked for it,or shall I say "rode it away" from those Indy boys that started it all!! VHROOM VHROOM. Ride free brother

Everyone got paid for the holidays union and nonunion, but did the non union employees get paid for the friday after christmas or tuesday before new years eve? I don't think so.

did the non union employees get paid for the friday after christmas or tuesday before new years eve? I don't think so.
Are you implying that we did?

I got paid for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

I did not get paid for New Years Day as of yet.
It wasn't on my check, so I informed payroll.
Now we play wait and see.

Union guys got paid for the non service days? I did, but only because I had vacation left, Wow, if you guys got paid for not working those fridays, I need to convience the other 23 employees at my barn to reconsider.

Union guys got paid for the non service days? I did, but only because I had vacation left, Wow, if you guys got paid for not working those fridays, I need to convience the other 23 employees at my barn to reconsider.

GO ahead its called 90/10 Guarantee. So maybe you should start convincing. :1036316054:

GO ahead its called 90/10 Guarantee. So maybe you should start convincing. :1036316054:

Yep, and be the first one out the door (YOUR FIRED!!) well, only if I'm convincing them on the clock,Thats a No-No, I've got enough to worry about, besides this screwy holiday schedule only happens to fall that way every 5th year or something like that. I dont know what changed it, but the Unionize guys were pretty upset till the week b4 Xmas, when the company finally gave in to paying them, and there are still a bunch that didnt get paid. everyone at our barn was paid the holidays like always, even if they didnt work on Friday.This year NOBODYS taking vacation on Holiday weeks because of the new rule that you have to burn vacation on the holiday if you take off that week, Thats BS! Is that a contract thing or a UPS thing?