TForce | 1 hour late start

Hightower

TB Lurker
Credits
Once again we have a hour late start on friday. I asked our TM about it and he told me to get used to it. He also said that someone new is in charge of this and that it seems to be working real good (at least in stl). Just wondering if anyone else heard that ?

Are u all still getting the same $ for the same runs? They cut us sometimes 2 hours in the city and we loose hours.

It's nothing new at my barn.
I feel it is a good thing on a customer service stand point. It helps buy some time in getting late arriving outbound peddle freight broke and onto the trailers. (Especially next day and two day freight)
Sometimes it might end up being a 2 hour back-up.
We are all working for our customers, not ourselves.

It's nothing new at my barn.
I feel it is a good thing on a customer service stand point. It helps buy some time in getting late arriving outbound peddle freight broke and onto the trailers. (Especially next day and two day freight)
Sometimes it might end up being a 2 hour back-up.
We are all working for our customers, not ourselves.

Wouldn't that be more like WE are working for ourselves and the COMPANY is working for the customers? We just have to conform to the company's decisions so they can service the customers.

I do have to agree though, it does help the service better for the 1 and 2 day lanes. I find it a bit more relaxing knowing I don't have to hurry up and get back to the terminal so my trailer gets broke on time on fridays.
My route happens to be pretty far from the terminal, so usually i don't get back till later than the other routes, sometimes I'll be telling other drivers I'm just getting back from my route and they seem surprised cuz they just got back from a switch.

Wouldn't that be more like WE are working for ourselves and the COMPANY is working for the customers? We just have to conform to the company's decisions so they can service the customers.

I've always believed the drivers and the company together must service the customers.
Without customers we have no jobs and or paychecks.

Strange only when management needs a favor do I feel that team spirit.:clapping: Ask them for one and the silence is deafening.:kickedoutsmile:

I've always believed the drivers and the company together must service the customers.
Without customers we have no jobs and or paychecks.

I agree with your statement that without customers, we have no paychecks. But when you said in a previous post "We are all working for our customers, not ourselves." that is what I mean by "We are working for ourselves and the company is working for the customers".
I don't get up everyday thinking to myself "How can I service ABC Company."
I get up everyday thinking "I gotta go to work to earn my keep to make it in this world."

NOW, when I do get to work, I service the customer for the most part, the best I can. I earn a good wage at an alright job with fellow drivers that are decent people and I don't mind going to work everyday, unlike a previous employer I was at. But I didn't go there either to service customers, I went there to earn a wage, Just like now. But I still service the customer as best I can. (again, for the most part)

I agree with your statement that without customers, we have no paychecks. But when you said in a previous post "We are all working for our customers, not ourselves." that is what I mean by "We are working for ourselves and the company is working for the customers".
I don't get up everyday thinking to myself "How can I service ABC Company."
I get up everyday thinking "I gotta go to work to earn my keep to make it in this world."

NOW, when I do get to work, I service the customer for the most part, the best I can. I earn a good wage at an alright job with fellow drivers that are decent people and I don't mind going to work everyday, unlike a previous employer I was at. But I didn't go there either to service customers, I went there to earn a wage, Just like now. But I still service the customer as best I can. (again, for the most part)

I see your point 100%, there are many ways to look at it. Of course we are all here to earn a wage, living and to provide for our families or loved ones. That's pretty much a given at any job you work for. LOL
I just don't understand how someone working for a company similar to ours is considered working for themselves?

I'm speaking more in terms of how I think the company views things. Eitherway, the end result is that we are a service generated company and we must provide the customer service from all company levels.
Customer service, no matter how big or small happens from every job description at UPSF.

• We as drivers work for the customers by peddling/line-hauling and delivering their freight in a timely manner. It's not UPSF's freight it's the customers. We are fulfilling our obligation and commitment to our customers.
  • We as Customer Service Reps, field calls, accurately bill etc. It is a customer generated job.
  • We as salesman sell UPSF's services, entertain, follow-up on issues etc. Failure to secure and/or follow up = No customer, no freight, no revenue, no growth.
  • We as mechanics service the equipment to keep them on the road so that we can service the customer. No equipment = Missed pick-ups, deliveries, angry customers resulting in no freight resulting in no more customer.
  • We as management/supervisors oversee the operation they are assigned to, provided information and instruction to others, try to motivate us all, follow up with customers etc. It's a tough, underpaid job.
We are fulfilling many obligations in order to service our customers.
If we ever or can all work as a team we can accomplish many things at UPSF.

Sorry for the long winded post. I'm bored today. I might have gotten severely off topic. LOL.
I think the original topic was about the 1 hour delay? Uh.....thats basically what it's for. "The customer" Not the driver or to inconvenience the driver.

Now I see what your saying. And I agree......
The way you posted your response before, I took a different way. I don't worry about long winded posts from you, whatever you bring to the table on this message board is not gospel but is intelligible, informative and not bashing everyone else. Wish I could I could say the same for many others on this board. I may not post on here everyday but I do look at it everyday and it seems that all I see is everyone arguing. What is nice, I get some good info. between all the bickering though. (Sometimes it's just entertaining)

I see your point 100%, there are many ways to look at it. Of course we are all here to earn a wage, living and to provide for our families or loved ones. That's pretty much a given at any job you work for. LOL
I just don't understand how someone working for a company similar to ours is considered working for themselves?

I'm speaking more in terms of how I think the company views things. Eitherway, the end result is that we are a service generated company and we must provide the customer service from all company levels.
Customer service, no matter how big or small happens from every job description at UPSF.

• We as drivers work for the customers by peddling/line-hauling and delivering their freight in a timely manner. It's not UPSF's freight it's the customers. We are fulfilling our obligation and commitment to our customers.
  • We as Customer Service Reps, field calls, accurately bill etc. It is a customer generated job.
  • We as salesman sell UPSF's services, entertain, follow-up on issues etc. Failure to secure and/or follow up = No customer, no freight, no revenue, no growth.
  • We as mechanics service the equipment to keep them on the road so that we can service the customer. No equipment = Missed pick-ups, deliveries, angry customers resulting in no freight resulting in no more customer.
  • We as management/supervisors oversee the operation they are assigned to, provided information and instruction to others, try to motivate us all, follow up with customers etc. It's a tough, underpaid job.
We are fulfilling many obligations in order to service our customers.
If we ever or can all work as a team we can accomplish many things at UPSF.

Sorry for the long winded post. I'm bored today. I might have gotten severely off topic. LOL.
I think the original topic was about the 1 hour delay? Uh.....thats basically what it's for. "The customer" Not the driver or to inconvenience the driver.
Good Post! It is word for word what is In the Fedex Freight quarterly propaganda magazine for employees. That is exactly what they tell us over here at Fedex freight. kinda funny huh.

Good Post! It is word for word what is In the Fedex Freight quarterly propaganda magazine for employees. That is exactly what they tell us over here at Fedex freight. kinda funny huh.

You see the same stuff in every warehouse and office. It's page 1 of business

They moved all the city drivers start time to 10am. Just they are going to run out of pink slips with all the brings backs we are going to have. It will come back to haunt them.