XPO | 1 or 2 boards

Sheldon Cooper

TB Lurker
Credits
Little bit of smoke coming from linehaul drivers that could switch to 2 boards. I know take nothing that you hear seriously. Is this old news?

Probably right, don’t think their into rocking a boat that big. Might not bother some but might **** off enough.
I doubt it because it requires more from management. If you are familiar with our management you KNOW they don't want ANYTHING extra. Period.

Anyhow , who wants two boards?

The most I hear about this is when someone with more seniority uses their seniority that they've earned over time to have a larger selection of what to choose from than a newer person.

Two boards takes away from the choices available to you as a driver.

Where I'm located , very few people hop from one board to the other. Why limit your options?

Vacation picks could be a problem with two boards. Only so many people can be off from each board. You will have junior drivers getting better weeks than senior drivers at times.

I could see that reasoning. Management has been babying these new guys way too much.
AGREED!!!
When I 1st started driving years ago, the senior guys told me…’ so u want to be a truck driver huh? Well here you go, you get the worst beat up tractor ,(that nobody else would step foot in), you get the the worst city peddle,(that nobody would dare bid), and you might get maybe a week’s vacation in late May or early June,(when your kids are still in school). Oh bty, they’d tell me, if u don’t know where a stop is…you’ll know tonight when u get in.
That’s how it was then, and my my how things have changed. What a pity that today’s new truckers are sooooo pampered and spoiled rotten.

AGREED!!!
When I 1st started driving years ago, the senior guys told me…’ so u want to be a truck driver huh? Well here you go, you get the worst beat up tractor ,(that nobody else would step foot in), you get the the worst city peddle,(that nobody would dare bid), and you might get maybe a week’s vacation in late May or early June,(when your kids are still in school). Oh bty, they’d tell me, if u don’t know where a stop is…you’ll know tonight when u get in.
That’s how it was then, and my my how things have changed. What a pity that today’s new truckers are sooooo pampered and spoiled rotten.
Just wait. Soon we’ll only be able to bid a week of vacation at a time!

AGREED!!!
Oh, I forgot one other thing… they gave me the worst start time too, a 2:00AM start that lasted for 4 years.