New Penn | #1 Reason Not To Merge NP & YRC

N

NP Driver1

Look back at what it cost to merge Yellow and Roadway earlier this year.A big part of the second quarter loss was due to merger costs. Merging New Penn into YRC will cost millions that YRCW can't afford right now. A merger will also cause many if not all of New Penn's current customers to flee to other regional carriers. Add the loss of the profit stream from New Penn to the current rate of cash burn at YRC and the whole merged LTL company will be bankrupt by year's end. Go ahead and merge them. Banks won't loan any more $ to YRCW. All the banks have been doing all year is try to get the $ back they loaned out years ago!

Look back at what it cost to merge Yellow and Roadway earlier this year.A big part of the second quarter loss was due to merger costs. Merging New Penn into YRC will cost millions that YRCW can't afford right now. A merger will also cause many if not all of New Penn's current customers to flee to other regional carriers. Add the loss of the profit stream from New Penn to the current rate of cash burn at YRC and the whole merged LTL company will be bankrupt by year's end. Go ahead and merge them. Banks won't loan any more $ to YRCW. All the banks have been doing all year is try to get the $ back they loaned out years ago!

Its sad to say but the reality is that YRC is DONE! They are operating on a day-day basis and eventually the plug is going to be pulled. It is a shame that us guys at the Penn have to suffer for this. :Bondage:

Its sad to say but the reality is that YRC is DONE! They are operating on a day-day basis and eventually the plug is going to be pulled. It is a shame that us guys at the Penn have to suffer for this. :Bondage:
The slow freight season is heading right at the S.S. YRC! The New Penn No vote was our response to the suffering brought upon us by YRCW. Enough already.:hand:

There is onlly 1 way to prevent a merge. Simpe 'don't make it happen'

Merger would mean YRC to come up to NP standards

Please look at the NMFA Art 5 Sec 4 Highest Rates Prevail and Art 6 Sec 1 Maintenance of Standards ( yrc would have to come UP to NP standards, only 10% wage reduction and still have to make pension for all employees) Keep the vote the same.

Analyst

Not so fast my friend! YRC, the largest transporter in all of Canada,the largest LTL carrier in North America is not done,analyst with their timely negative reports that harm investor and customer support is at the root of YRC problems.
Each and every time YRC is able to gain momentum,remember the yes vote by the IBT,the stance Central States took to give relief,stocks reach new heights until analyst said they dont see a turn but did they see a detour?
Who are these analyst and what makes them the authority on YRC,sitting at a desk pushing paper and pen,looking at numbers,makes me wonder are they being paid by YRC,s rivals!
Where were these analyst who should have warned of the housing crisis ,not one came forward,not one mention the
condition our economy would be in today.
I put 23 years of my life in to YRC,and i am mad as hell that someone is trying to do everything they can to destroy it!
YRC is struggling,to struggle is part of the American experience,our forefathers struggle to forge a new nation and we have struggle to keep and maintain it.
B. Madoff.made off with millions of investors money and did not give a dam about them.Analyst dont give a dam about YRC or their employees ,there is not even an after thought.This is not indifference,its beyond that,there is no
category,its beyond category and its un American!

Not so fast my friend! YRC, the largest transporter in all of Canada,the largest LTL carrier in North America is not done,analyst with their timely negative reports that harm investor and customer support is at the root of YRC problems.
Each and every time YRC is able to gain momentum,remember the yes vote by the IBT,the stance Central States took to give relief,stocks reach new heights until analyst said they dont see a turn but did they see a detour?
Who are these analyst and what makes them the authority on YRC,sitting at a desk pushing paper and pen,looking at numbers,makes me wonder are they being paid by YRC,s rivals!
Where were these analyst who should have warned of the housing crisis ,not one came forward,not one mention the
condition our economy would be in today.
I put 23 years of my life in to YRC,and i am mad as hell that someone is trying to do everything they can to destroy it!
YRC is struggling,to struggle is part of the American experience,our forefathers struggle to forge a new nation and we have struggle to keep and maintain it.
B. Madoff.made off with millions of investors money and did not give a dam about them.Analyst dont give a dam about YRC or their employees ,there is not even an after thought.This is not indifference,its beyond that,there is no
category,its beyond category and its un American!
sometimes those reports are paid for y r c

Analyst

So now its the analyst fault??? :biglaugh::biglaugh::duh::hysterical:

You dam right!They dont know there *** from a hole in the ground!Thay have a heard mentality" Well all the other analyst are saying YRC wont make it,i mite as well join them" Not one
has back bone! dont know what a hard days work is! go laugh
laugh your *** off,you can kiss mine!

What?

I ave remained silent for months but I had to respond to Bunky2. The comment that analysts comments are the root of what is wrong with YRC is absurd. YRC is at the root of what is wrong with YRC. They lost in excess of $350 million dollars last quarter. Is that the analysts fault? YRC has run YRC and soon New Penn in to the ground. They are now reeping what they have sewn.

If you were an analysts reporting on YRC's debt that is in excess of 1.4 billion dollars what would you say? If you saw a company asking their employees for concessions twice in 8 months...what would you say? If you saw a company selling its property for cash and then renting it back just so they have cash to make payroll....what would you say?

I will make no predictions, I think the FACTS speak for themselves.

I ave remained silent for months but I had to respond to Bunky2. The comment that analysts comments are the root of what is wrong with YRC is absurd. YRC is at the root of what is wrong with YRC. They lost in excess of $350 million dollars last quarter. Is that the analysts fault? YRC has run YRC and soon New Penn in to the ground. They are now reeping what they have sewn.

If you were an analysts reporting on YRC's debt that is in excess of 1.4 billion dollars what would you say? If you saw a company asking their employees for concessions twice in 8 months...what would you say? If you saw a company selling its property for cash and then renting it back just so they have cash to make payroll....what would you say?

I'm glad you replied because his comment was so stupid I didn't want to waste my time with a reply

I know Zollar's and Hoffa are laughing their ***'s off, They BROKE the TRUCKING UNION! This is what they wanted I believe since Hoffa got into office!!!!

Look at the time frame of the analyst judgment,just as YRC stocks rose,they waited to see if YRC would get the yes vote!,once they got it ,the analyst broke the bad news,he could have done it at any time! His words cause the stock to fall and he knew it would.
YRC has the man power,equipment and the network to
respond quickly when our economy returns,no other carrier can match that!
The list of major companies that have not lost money
is short.YRC can bounce back quickly! and rivals know this!
YRC is taking the steps to survive and like i said before as soon as there are positive news,analyst do everything they can to stop it!
Words are mightier than the sword!
Yrc will survive! If i could keep my pension and work
for free for them ,i would in a heart beat!
A company that has roam America,s highways and by ways since will not go down with out a fight,this is not about
money lost,this is about principals,justice and fair play!

I'm glad you replied because his comment was so stupid I didn't want to waste my time with a reply

Look at the time frame of the comments made by the analyst,just as YRC stock begin to rise,he broke the bad news,He could have done that at any time,he waited until the vote had been counted,a no would not have required a reply.
YRC has the man power,equipment and network to respond
quickly when the economy returns,no other carrier can match that!
YRC is taking the steps to survive,a company that has roamed America,s highways and by ways since the early 30,s
will not go quietly in to the night.This a battle that can be won.
The list of major companies that have not lost money is short.
This saga is not about money,this is about principals,justice and fair play.
Words are mightier that the sword! YRC will survive!

Like I have been saying all along since the NO vote came back, "Last one out shut the lights". Half of my regular customers have already pulled away from npme. It's over.

Like I have been saying all along since the NO vote came back, "Last one out shut the lights". Half of my regular customers have already pulled away from npme. It's over.

Then your not much of a salesman so why not put the light out over your desk and drink some more kool-aid:TR10driving03:

I apologize to you,my comments had been directed to the broader vote,New Penn employees voted no,i can remember sitting in a meeting when we were told that we had acquired
New Penn,it was with great fan fair! A premier carrier,a constant money money maker! Our policy was to leave them alone! and you went on about your business.
Naturally if most voted no,there is not much that can be done.However,i think there is talk about a possibility of another vote,perhaps a yes could result.Nevertheless,half is better than none,the half you have could confirm the great service they are still receiving and pass it on to the other half.Its not over until its over as Mr Barra would put it!
Keep the faith,all is not lost!

Dude, look at what yrc owes and lost .....now look at 18 months from now if still around they have to pay back into that pension program....the analysts know what they see ...the #'s.they dont lie. ...how yrc is still in business with such little capital ?...my prediction and sorry to say ..is they will be able to weather the storm until first quarter 2010....the company will be too small , weak, cash starved..............need i remind u its gettn screwed daily by workmans comp claims....fyi...$30 million in the second quarter alone........and the 15% my friend is being made up..i see it daily...