1 year anniversary

Don't want anyone to be worried about Dave G...He will be sitting on the beach sipping cocktail.He salutes all the loyal Jevic employees.He heard one or two of us struggling.He wishes you well.He is scraping by on payout he received from Sun Capital. A million dollars doesn't go as far as it used to.

Don't want anyone to be worried about Dave G...He will be sitting on the beach sipping cocktail.He salutes all the loyal Jevic employees.He heard one or two of us struggling.He wishes you well.He is scraping by on payout he received from Sun Capital. A million dollars doesn't go as far as it used to.

You hit the nail right on the head.

Don't want to sound like i'm prasin the man, but Dave G got EFD worse then most of us. He got the same deal as me and you, benefits cut off and no payout from Sun, NONE!, and they won't even pay to defend him against any lawsuits. He has already had to shell out more then me and you make in lawyer fees. It was SUN shut us down, not dave.

He is scraping by on payout he received from Sun Capital. A million dollars doesn't go as far as it used to.

You will have to excuse the rest of us for not shedding a tear for Dave G,he wasn't man enough to show his face the last week there.Not to mention he knew well in advance what was going down and chose to cover his own butt,thinking he would be rewarded by Sun.He learned a valueble lesson,rats like those at Sun Capital don't reward anyone but themselves andshit on everyone else.

You will have to excuse the rest of us for not shedding a tear for Dave G,he wasn't man enough to show his face the last week there.Not to mention he knew well in advance what was going down and chose to cover his own butt,thinking he would be rewarded by Sun.He learned a valueble lesson,rats like those at Sun Capital don't reward anyone but themselves andshit on everyone else.

You said it all Jockey, amen brother. It takes TIME to do what sun did. it wasn't done over a weekend or spur of the moment.

You said it all Jockey, amen brother. It takes TIME to do what sun did. it wasn't done over a weekend or spur of the moment.

On May 21, 2006 Jevic was slated to be liquidated by SCS(SAIA). This was due to the continuing slide of the SCS stock and if you'll recall those horrible quarterly conf calls by SCS and wall street basically trashing us for being the albatros around Saia's neck. I saw this in writing. Mother's Day 2006 we were done. The letters were being drafted and at that point, DG was offered a package. Again I saw this with my own eyes after the fact and after they found Sun to take a chance on us.

The rest is history. We didnt get the job done. Collections didn't get our money aggressivley enough, sales didn't get the value for the svc we performed. We still took garbage freight to grocery whses knowing full well we had no business picking that type of frt up. There were drivers who were laying down and dispatchers who stopped caring.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that one guy didnt ruin the place by himself, and I am no no position to say he or anyone else is blameless.

It seems that as time goes by, it becomes convenient and it's part of human nature to simplify things and blame one person, to demonize them.

It sucks that Jevic closed, I wear any Jevic gear I can as often I can to keep the memory alive. And passing J1 still gives me a pain in the gut. I miss all you guys and shooting the S@#T at the window or whenever.

All validate points contributing to downfall.Aren't these things that the guy at top is suppose to be watching?That's the problem with having a saleman running a trucking company.Knows how to B.S. but nothing else.Then he surrounds himself with people like Tim C. ,who looks down on truck drivers and has nothing but distain for them.Maybe if Dave G. would like to regain some respect from former employees he would be a man and step forward and testify Sun was really calling the shots.