10/2/08 - Is Oak Harbor still on strike?

MONTANANY

TB Lurker
Credits
Is OakH still on strike and is it effecting ALL of the OakH terminals as of today? I heard some communication from management and the individual in Seattle said that the strike was only for a day.

Sales is going around and telling customers that the strike is over...it is not and the union issued a media alert to that effect, which we handed out to customers as we followed the non union drivers.

California and Nevada are non-union but their deliveries and freight they pick up have interruptions. There will be picketing at those terminals and where they deliver/pick up very soon.

Is OakH still on strike and is it effecting ALL of the OakH terminals as of today? I heard some communication from management and the individual in Seattle said that the strike was only for a day.

Yea Red Star said it was for only 1 day too.

Great time to strike, wouldn't the union pick a better econimic time to strike a company????

Say good bye to Oak Harbor

Yea Red Star said it was for only 1 day too.

Great time to strike, wouldn't the union pick a better econimic time to strike a company????

Say good bye to Oak Harbor

We've been without a contract since 10-31-2007

We wanted a Strike earlier, but our hands were tied.

The Vanderfools told us in hours of DVD's sent to our homes
they were preparing for the worst. Immediate Family Only?
the company wasn't prepared.

Most of us already have good bye to Joke Harbor:smilie_132:

We've been without a contract since 10-31-2007

We wanted a Strike earlier, but our hands were tied.

The Vanderfools told us in hours of DVD's sent to our homes
they were preparing for the worst. Immediate Family Only?
the company wasn't prepared.

Most of us already have good bye to Joke Harbor:smilie_132:

I have to admit that I can't get past the idea that the OHFL owners have gobs [technical term] of money and greed when asking for more (or at least not less) benefits and(or) pay but they are broke when someone is striking against them. If they aren't financially stable enough to survive a strike, how are they financially stable enough to meet the demands of the Teamsters?

Many drivers, dock workers, and office staff along with the Teamsters think that they own and direct the company. That might be somewhat true if this were a traded company and not private. This company has the right to do what they want and need. Us Teamsters need to learn on how to deal with it.

Many drivers, dock workers, and office staff along with the Teamsters think that they own and direct the company. That might be somewhat true if this were a traded company and not private. This company has the right to do what they want and need. Us Teamsters need to learn on how to deal with it.

WOW, You must be correct in your assumption:butt kiss:

Remember this thread? "The Dog Wags The Tail"

Posted 5-06-2008 by The Wrench

"Im ready. See you guys on the line.:Duel: Period. Hope everyone made the meeting. Have fun driving the trucks ed, dave, holt, and ronny. Hope your foolish pride and little spoiled kid attitudes get your foot in the door at walmart. Maybe you will learn something when you have to earn your dollar, worry about retirement, and pay for your medical. Your comment in Eugene just shows what fools you are, "The dog wags the tail, the tail doesn't wag the dog." What happened to that good christian value of do unto others? Oh im sure some more money in the collection plate on sunday will make you feel better about what you do the other six days. Henry must be so far out of the loop anymore, pushed aside where you want him. What do you think the ol man is gonna think when he sees his legacy go up in smoke. Don't try to bull*&#* us guys, we know who has the aces. WE are Joke Harbor. Not you. Too bad you had to implant such a negative attitude in everyone who seemed to care so much about the success of your company, that effects the numbers there boys, and it will for years to come, regardless of the outcome of the "negotiations." Good luck finding your replacement workers. Go hop the big southern fence, maybe you can find some SSN's for some workers who want to work for what your company will become".:sombrero2:

Right now we all see how the company is running without Teamsters.
Can you possibly post some numbers for us all to see?
It has been said by others before, but i have to agree

sacramento

california and nevada are non-union but their deliveries and freight they pick up have interruptions. There will be picketing at those terminals and where they deliver/pick up very soon.

start in sacramento, the oak harbor barn their hate the union,if their wasnt a union they wouldnt be paid 22-and change! They need a wakeup call.:1036316054:

the boys have been planning this for three years do you think they are surprised???? I dont think so. They said they would replace us..... Which they are doing as proof the 2 guys that have crossed in yakima and oly only to be sent home because the replacements have taken their spots. As i understand the only thing the union has to protect us from the replacements is the UFLP charge that has been filed with the NLRB wich could take months. if they rule against us then what? more waiting. I pray the union has their act together. I have been looking for other work nothing yet when they hear your on srike prety much a game ender. No help from the union....

from what I've seen, it must be over in the nw
alot of ohfl trucks out working
or did everyone get replaced ?

They are replacement drivers and yes they are out driving
(not very well) but there is not much freight in the trailers
and the pick-ups are few and far between. The customers
loyalty has been with the regular drivers that have given them
the high quality service over the years. The regular OHFL drivers
have been out making contact with their accounts and telling
them the facts and the majority are choosing other carriers.

They are replacement drivers and yes they are out driving
(not very well) but there is not much freight in the trailers
and the pick-ups are few and far between. The customers
loyalty has been with the regular drivers that have given them
the high quality service over the years. The regular OHFL drivers
have been out making contact with their accounts and telling
them the facts and the majority are choosing other carriers.

Customers do not want to be involved............just to have their freight moved.

I have a sincere question about striking and the Union. Do you guys get paid still or not anything at all? I am NOT trying to start no crap, I am just curious is all.

BOL to ya!

174 has an additional strike fund so some bills can still be paid. 763 (shop/office) only get the IBT pay so it's a little more difficult to keep up but still helps with food and what-not.

The best way to not be involved in this strike is to use another carrier. If a customer continues to use OHFL, they will eventually have ambulatory picket lines outside of their place of business. Those of us who have been OHFL employees for years and years simply want to get back to the table and get a contract. Since the company has said "they have better things to do with their time", they are signalling an unwillingness to negotiate, therefore we have no choice but to take the fight to the streets.

If you are a customer of OHFL, you are far better of switching to another carrier, because the Oak Harbor you once knew no longer exists...