FedEx Freight | $10,940,253.00

His company, he built it, he sacrificed and risked all for it, he deserves every penny.

:thumbsup:

Great! I'm a little surprised it's not higher... Considering what he created. No question, he deserves it! :thumbsup:

It's easy to understand getting a nice performance bonus when the company is making a profit like Fed Ex is. What I get upset about is execs. taking huge bonuses when the company is floundering or losing major amounts of money. Classic example of this is insurer AIG.

go on the fred w smith profile then click on some of the names on the rightside of the column, and you can see what other people in the co made last year.Some of these guye are directors of other co. as well and are pulling 2 even 3 salaries.Some of these guys sit on nike, PF CHANG BISTRO chain, international paper, and some electronics co.look at the salaries and options and cringe!FRUNKUSSS!

Respect!!!!!!!

He made his dream come true! bravo Fred!

I have plenty of Respect for mr. Smith he served in Nam and after Nam started FDX EXPRESS I think it was the first 2 TO 5 year's that he did'nt make any money,so he deserve's everything he pull's in now,HE'S EARNED IT.

The people I DON"T have respect for is the A-hole's in Harrison who have lost all respect for US the "Driver" the bread and butter of the company.

It's easy to understand getting a nice performance bonus when the company is making a profit like Fed Ex is. What I get upset about is execs. taking huge bonuses when the company is floundering or losing major amounts of money. Classic example of this is insurer AIG.

Doubleclutcher :smilie_132:

Why would you be upset at bonuses paid at AIG???
Is that because some politician or infobabe on TV is
telling you to somehow hate or be jealous of these people??
How come you don't get a huge bonus???
You have to remember that it was a small division of AIG
that messed it up big time for the rest of the company.
The former CEO of AIG never sold any of his shares and
did not even make the billionaire list on Forbes this year.
If you want to recoup any part of the 180 BILLION
dollars that the US Government has invested in AIG
as 80% owners of the company, you would think that you
would want to pay these bonuses to those executives
and revenue producing sales executives until such time as AIG
can sell off some of the different divisions to try to pay back
the US Government.

:popcorn:

He is a self made man , no one handed him the business.

But he would be worth nothing without the blue-collar men and women of FedEx busting their humps day and night to get his customer's packages and freight delivered on-time:

The pilot manuevering a cargo plane through a storm.
The P&D Freight driver tailgating 1500 lbs skids with a pallet jack in a 100 degree hotbox trailer.
The road driver pulling a set in the blinding snow.
The Express driver risking life and limb delivering packages in the ghetto.

Where would Fred be without these folks? :bowdown:

But he would be worth nothing without the blue-collar men and women of FedEx busting their humps day and night to get his customer's packages and freight delivered on-time:

The P&D Freight driver tailgating 1500 lbs skids with a pallet jack in a 100 degree hotbox trailer.

Exactly where you are....

Thats why they get paychecks and are not forced to do it against their will

:thumbsup:

Great! I'm a little surprised it's not higher... Considering what he created. No question, he deserves it! :thumbsup:

I would have thought so too. Jeff your right, he does deserve it. Anyone that makes it himself or a family business that's taken by a son or daughter and runs it well, should get a good ataboy.:smilie_132:wavin dat hand

I have always admired the man for serving in Nam and the amount of jobs he created. He could have just lived nice on the 4 million he inherited but he didn't. I saw him play himself in the move Castaway some years ago.

ya gott admire him for what he has done...Why he ever brought on a yo yo like Duncan is the question I have.

kwt300 :smilie_132:

If you have been with the company long enough
you know the answer, but for those that may be new
probably do not know the history.
D. Duncan is there in Memphis overseen the whole
FedEx Freight operation because he was the CEO
of Viking Freight when Roadway Services (Caliber)
decided to marry (merge) with FedEx so they could
have what is now FedEx Ground (formerly Roadway Package Service-RPS)
The Regional LTL (Viking) came along as part of the package
that turned out to be now the 2nd largest LTL carrier in the US,
behind YRCW (may not stay #1 after the integration of Yellow and Roadway).

:popcorn: