FedEx Freight | $10,940,253.00

You know what they say about being on top, no where left to go but down.

FM

Familyman :smilie_132:

Yes..........for other carriers that are a one horse pony........
But FedEx Freight could get to be Number One in the LTL segment......
But since we are only 10% or so of FedEx which is #2 behind UPS
in the Transport Topics's list of the largest 100 Top For-Hire Carriers,
I'm not too concerned. We still have a long way to catch up.

:popcorn:

Gotta give Fred his due. Anybody that would begrudge his net worth ain't got their head screwed on straight. This is a perfect example of what anybody can accomplish if they have the drive and determination.

In this case, you have some college kid that comes up with some "stupid" idea that all the experts assure him will never work, and he ignore's them and become's a gazillion-aire with it.

:duh:

In this case, you have some college kid that comes up with some "stupid" idea that all the experts assure him will never work, and he ignore's them and become's a gazillion-aire with it.

:duh:
Dell computers ring a bell ?
But really, if I had a 4 million dollar inheritance, ( and that amount was a lot more then what it is now ! ) I am sure I could have made my life better then ending up being a truck driver. What did the rest of his family do and were did they get their money I wonder?

Duncan, and yo yo...I hope this did not slip past anybody ( duncan is the name of the company that makes yo yo's ) Caliber system was a failure and d.d. was the head. He almost cost me my job back then so excuse me if I am not 100% on board with ex caliber execs

Good thing about living in this country.. everyone has the opportunity to start a business.. be it successfull or not is according to how you build it and run it..

For all of you griping of Fred's income and those that he has hired to run the company.. take a gamble and go start your own. Last time I checked, we all put in an application to work here. Then, after the company decided to give you a chance and hire you, you accepted. Nobody forced you into working here, and it is definately not a prison.. you are free to walk at any given time.

The man started with a couple of shippers and took a chance.. If it were mine, and I was this successfull, I would choose my own salary as well as my own bonus.

Comparison to AIG is like comparing a chipmuck to a buzzard. Those that compare it to something like that, obviously have no clue to what is going on in world.

Fred S. is the owner.. it's his.. congrats to Fred S. on surviving, hope he continues to survive so that my mortgage gets paid.. at least until I figure out a new business to start that noone else has thought of!!

The people I DON"T have respect for is the A-hole's in Harrison who have lost all respect for US the "Driver" the bread and butter of the company.

What about the Billers, Dock Employees, Shop Technicians, Janitors, OS&D, Customer Service, and everyone else that keeps us in business and helps retain the business that we have so that the "bread and butter" drivers can keep rolling each and everyday?

Give me some heat, I'm sure it's coming.. but come on, lets see it full circle here..

Duncan, and yo yo...I hope this did not slip past anybody ( duncan is the name of the company that makes yo yo's ) Caliber system was a failure and d.d. was the head. He almost cost me my job back then so excuse me if I am not 100% on board with ex caliber execs

Dude,
you better research...Duncan was vp sales at Viking when caliber determined to fix viking/spartan/coles/central's mess. He came from Big R...Sullivan was the problem at Caliber!!!

ST

Dude,
you better research...Duncan was vp sales at Viking when caliber determined to fix viking/spartan/coles/central's mess. He came from Big R...Sullivan was the problem at Caliber!!!

ST

Silent trucker :smilie_132:

Sullivan was running RPS back then and eventually FedEx Ground. I'm not sure if he has retired already.
But maybe you can refresh our memories and point out what Sullivan's problem was.

Sullivan was running RPS back then and eventually FedEx Ground. I'm not sure if he has retired already.
But maybe you can refresh our memories and point out what Sullivan's problem was.

River,
Sullivan was a regional VP at Big R when he wrote the original business plan for RPS. His idea went from a startup to a billion $$$ a year company in 10 years...a tremendous accomplishment to be sure; just the same, he became president of Roadway Holdings, and was clearly in over his head. He was responsible for the mess Viking became, because he wouldn't spend the money to buy equipment and facilities so that the nationalization would work.

Remember all the leased trailers and gears? What a mess!

After the FedEx buyout, Sullivan was shipped back to RPS/FedEx ground, and he retired a couple of years back. The way his retirement announcement read, he was shoved out the door...in favor of those who could think on a larger scale.

I don't mean to diminish what he set in motion, I just think he wasn't the man to be runnin' the whole show.

ST, oh, and thanks for the traffic advice yesterday!

River,
Sullivan was a regional VP at Big R when he wrote the original business plan for RPS. His idea went from a startup to a billion $$$ a year company in 10 years...a tremendous accomplishment to be sure; just the same, he became president of Roadway Holdings, and was clearly in over his head. He was responsible for the mess Viking became, because he wouldn't spend the money to buy equipment and facilities so that the nationalization would work.

Remember all the leased trailers and gears? What a mess!

After the FedEx buyout, Sullivan was shipped back to RPS/FedEx ground, and he retired a couple of years back. The way his retirement announcement read, he was shoved out the door...in favor of those who could think on a larger scale.

I don't mean to diminish what he set in motion, I just think he wasn't the man to be runnin' the whole show.

ST, oh, and thanks for the traffic advice yesterday!

Good Deal.
I just spent the last 30 minutes trying to figure out how post a file that I made, to no avail. Will try later.

The Caliber execs were idiots. They thought they could rival the giants Yellow and Road Way overnight. What a set of tools.

I noticed that that website where you can get Smith's earnings, it shows Duncan with a paltry $177,000!

The Caliber execs were idiots. They thought they could rival the giants Yellow and Road Way overnight. What a set of tools.

I noticed that that website where you can get Smith's earnings, it shows Duncan with a paltry $177,000!

Franklin :smilie_132:

I would guess that $177,000 while living in Memphis, TN, would be about the same as making $354,000 living in San Jose, CA.
Not bad money for sitting around looking at the BIG picture and going to conventions to give speeches to try to improve the trucking industry.

Nobody forced you into working here, and it is definately not a prison.. you are free to walk at any given time.

Yeah, plenty of trucking jobs paying $22.00/hr and .54 cpm and home every day/night.

Fred S. is the owner.. it's his.. congrats to Fred S. on surviving, hope he continues to survive so that my mortgage gets paid.. at least until I figure out a new business to start that noone else has thought of!!

Fred Smith is NOT the owner of FedEx, he is CEO and Chairman. It is the shareholders who own FedEx.

Fred Smith is NOT the owner of FedEx, he is CEO and Chairman. It is the shareholders who own FedEx.

Well excuse.. I will use the terminology of "Founder"

and as a Shareholder.. I think the man has done an excellent job of building a business, and an even better job of surviving through his second recession.

how is that? happy, or should I keep breaking it down until it suits you?

Well excuse.. I will use the terminology of "Founder"

and as a Shareholder.. I think the man has done an excellent job of building a business, and an even better job of surviving through his second recession.

how is that? happy, or should I keep breaking it down until it suits you?

Well personally I don't like that SOB. Years ago, I met him at the San Diego convention center and I told him I was an employee of Watkins Motor Lines and that I was happy that we were going to be part of the FedEx family and he said and I quote "I'm not interested in talking about that right now" and he blew me off.