Estes | $10 an hour minimum wage. We are officially under paid for beaks and hooks.

I pulled into the terminal I go to every night and went on duty. Opened the gate, went inside and found my bills, signed in and out, went back outside, broke my set, put them in the doors and dropped the legs, used the same dolly and hooked my return set. All of that took 20 minutes. I didn't act crazy and didn't get in a big hurry. That works out to $45 an hour. I spent the next 10 minutes updating my load in peoplenet, sending the break/hook emails, talking to central dispatch, checking seals and closing the gate. If you want to count all that time, it works out to $30 an hour.

I'm applying for food stamps when I get off today.

:biglaugh: pppppddddd gas gas gas
tumblr_m2f7guqXOO1qbjzn1o1_400.png

I heard it will be the biggest pay raise in estes history. that we will be pleasantly surprised. estes wants to make a statement in the industry to pay the highest non union pa for drivers.heard it should be between 5 and 6 cents for road drivers, 12 dollars for drop and hooks. delay time also.

That sounds a little over the top considering all they do is complain about the 25 million in claims last year... I see 2 cents at most being implemented.

That sounds a little over the top considering all they do is complain about the 25 million in claims last year... I see 2 cents at most being implemented.

Train your dock hands and they wouldn't have that high figure.. That's what always amazed me about Estes, they pay all that money to qualify an employee, then they just turn'em loose...

I heard it will be the biggest pay raise in estes history. that we will be pleasantly surprised. estes wants to make a statement in the industry to pay the highest non union pa for drivers.heard it should be between 5 and 6 cents for road drivers, 12 dollars for drop and hooks. delay time also.

That will not happen. Estes be opening them selves up for back pay lawsuits. Rumor out of East coast is He's questioning employee loyalty and ready to tell us take your 1 or 2 cents if you don't like it leave. I be amazed if we end up any higher than .5785

Last edited by a moderator:
That will not happen. Estes be opening them selves up for back pay lawsuits. Rumor out of East coast is He's questioning employee loyalty and ready to tell us take your 1 or 2 cents if you don't like it leave. I be amazed if we end up any higher than .5785
Sounds like an ultimatum to me... With loyalty comes compromise.. Where's his compromise? Oh I got it, the old "Be glad you gotta job" thingy.....