Holland | 10 bills per trailer city Del . ??

wongway

-15% Yellow step-child supporter !!
Credits
Ok , has any of the other barns got caught up in this new idea from upper management , of 10 bills per trailer for city Del. and then sending out empty trailers to make pick up's only ?? well their is room for improvement in this plan to say the least !!

Ten bills per or until the trailer is full. We are working on week 3 of the new plan. Usually have 16 - 20 returns a day. Management is probably doing it so C.H.Robinson and other bottom feeders Logistic Companies get a woody when they see their low-ball junk freight is out for deliver.

Last edited:
Ok , has any of the other barns got caught up in this new idea from upper management , of 10 bills per trailer for city Del. and then sending out empty trailers to make pick up's only ?? well their is room for improvement in this plan to say the least !!
Another stupid idea in my opinion. Every route is different, and every route has different traffic congestion and customer delays.
This idea must have came from the same jackass that came up with the idea of "no blind side backing" for city drivers. The fool has probably never been on a city route before. Where do they get these idiots?

Another stupid idea in my opinion. Every route is different, and every route has different traffic congestion and customer delays.
This idea must have came from the same jackass that came up with the idea of "no blind side backing" for city drivers. The fool has probably never been on a city route before. Where do they get these idiots?

It surely isn't from the freight industry in most cases. A college degree doesn't teach them anything about what happens out on the street.

They come to you guys from YRCF !!!!

Gee ne3ver heard the no blindside backing thing in MI Will i get a letter?

Every company discourages blind side backing, but it's not reality. As a city driver, you have no choice quite often. But the pencil pushers don't realize reality.

The blind side backing rule is for mngt. who aren't professionals. We know what we're doing so it's ok for us.
Well, just to be on the safe side, I think I'll bring back any freight that requires blind side backing. Or I'll see if any of my YRC buddies are going there, wait that won't work, I'll just bring it back. Just to be on the safe side.

They did this a couple of years ago. It lasted about a month before it went back to business as usual!

Kind of hard to get 10 bills on a trailer when you have a 10 skid bill, an 8x6 skid, and 5 totes at 3k apiece

Kind of hard to get 10 bills on a trailer when you have a 10 skid bill, an 8x6 skid, and 5 totes at 3k apiece
Yep. But when you have a bunch of college educated people running the show (that have never handled a piece of freight or driven a truck), that's what you get. Another idiotic business plan.

That reminds me of when I was in some (Mgt) meetings, years ago. We'd get in big pissing matches over whether everyone in Mgt should be required to do the blue collar work before getting a Mgt position. Those with a degree always had these great ideas, but since they had never actually done the work itself, their ideas were never realistic. We got in some heated debates. Those of us that had actually done the work itself had to bring them back to reality.

It appears as though there isn't anyone with the gonads to tell these people that 10 bills on a trailer is living in fantasy land, since every load is different.

Agree 100% with N.Flash, that the people that are making this 10 bills per trailers rule have NEVER EVER did the work or even loaded a trailer , but it makes the numbers look good for Jamie !!!

It appears as though there isn't anyone with the gonads to tell these people that 10 bills on a trailer is living in fantasy land, since every load is different.

That is just foolish. You know better than that. They are only looking for an average of 10 bills per trailer. They know as well as everyone else that there will be loads that fall short of 10 bills per trailer as well as loads that far exceed 10 bills.

Where they are completely missing it is the bill count does not accomplish their true goal, but they don't want to come out and tell you how much revenue per trailer they really want. It is all about revenue per trailer and nothing else. For obvious reasons, the more revenue they can put on the trailer they happier everyone will end up in the long run, but they are ignoring several factors that impact that revenue per trailer by focusing on the wrong goal. Typical.

They are only looking for an average of 10 bills per trailer. They know as well as everyone else that there will be loads that fall short of 10 bills per trailer as well as loads that far exceed 10 bills.
Then why bother with the 10 bills per trailer talking points strategy? Why not teach and train people to load a load properly, utilizing the space properly, and focus on not creating damage claims? The "10 bills" per trailer is worthless. Just maximize your space, and put in everything that you can. Much simpler.......and realistic.