Holland | 10 bills per trailer city Del . ??

That is just foolish. You know better than that. They are only looking for an average of 10 bills per trailer. They know as well as everyone else that there will be loads that fall short of 10 bills per trailer as well as loads that far exceed 10 bills.

Where they are completely missing it is the bill count does not accomplish their true goal, but they don't want to come out and tell you how much revenue per trailer they really want. It is all about revenue per trailer and nothing else. For obvious reasons, the more revenue they can put on the trailer they happier everyone will end up in the long run, but they are ignoring several factors that impact that revenue per trailer by focusing on the wrong goal. Typical.
I don't think they know what the true revenue really is.Many of mornings we needed to get bills made and a whole bunch of times they would print as not yet billed. It was already loaded on the peddle run.

Then why bother with the 10 bills per trailer talking points strategy? Why not teach and train people to load a load properly, utilizing the space properly, and focus on not creating damage claims? The "10 bills" per trailer is worthless. Just maximize your space, and put in everything that you can. Much simpler.......and realistic.

I am not disagreeing with you. I even put in my previous post, "by focusing on the wrong goal."

10/4.

We knew that they were "focusing on the wrong goal" when they allowed YRC and Holland to compete with each other by undercutting each other's prices. That right there told me that we were on a sinking ship, that was run by a bunch of dumbasses.

Simply put they are book smart NOT street smart,"nuff said enjoying the weekend everybody have a safe one

problem is that the idiots making these decision's have never did the job period !!!!!! can't fix stupid !!!

Kind of hard to get 10 bills on a trailer when you have a 10 skid bill, an 8x6 skid, and 5 totes at 3k apiece
well stack the totes in the nose, put the 8x6 skid on top of the 10 skid bill and you have room for those other 7 bills ohh btw the totes are a noon guarantee, and we'll have you loaded by 1030 am. any questions? good keep on trucking!!!!

well stack the totes in the nose, put the 8x6 skid on top of the 10 skid bill and you have room for those other 7 bills ohh btw the totes are a noon guarantee, and we'll have you loaded by 1030 am. any questions? good keep on trucking!!!!
I stack nothing on a peddle load. The customer doesnt want to see that. And if there is a guarantee and its getting late, it goes on the load and I close it out 10 bills or not full or not.

I think the goal is to get the bills on the street.80 drivers =800 bills.We have more inbound coming in daily than we have drivers to deliver it.Nothing wrong with setting goals,but it has to make sense.Cutting trailers with10 or 12 pallets on a 53 because of a 3 skid early am appointment kills us and should be managed better.Loading 6 skids on a trailer for an 11am driver to a shipper 100 miles away that stops receiving at noon doesn't do much good either.Especially when he has 7 deliveries to make on the way there.

the 10 bills is a pencil pusher idea, real world it does not work period .............................

I stack nothing on a peddle load. The customer doesnt want to see that. And if there is a guarantee and its getting late, it goes on the load and I close it out 10 bills or not full or not.

hey you no using common sense, not here, not ever.....