Holland | 10 or 15% Kickback you choose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osprey

Flying High, Flying Free
Credits
Regarding this letter from Holland all I can say is that I am giving all that is humanly possible on a daily basis and that is between 85 to 100 percent, ( regardless of what others have posted) you can not give more than that, if anyone is saying that they are giving more, they are fooling themselves and the company.
There are many variables (dispatch, weather, road conditions, personal health, etc.etc.) involved in what percentage of yourself the company is entitled to.

My humble opinion is that after this pleading letter, the next step is KICKBACKS. Now I ask you, would you be willing to participate in a scheme that has been perpetrated on many a trucking company through out the years, well are you? 10 or 15% . Comments please.

As far as I am concerned, we are doing all that we can as
employees, now it's up to management to straighten this mess out!! :1036316054:

BH, thanks for posting the Holland Letter.

GBA:USA:

kickbacks

Been there done that lasted a year and the company still closed,last check bounced and had to wait to get my vacation sick day's and the last check made good.

My vote never again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely no way am I giving back any money. If the company needs 10-15% of my $60000 per year to operate, go ahead and close now and let me get on with my life. I have 16 years at Holland and would love to get 10 more years, but no way no how am I financing their blunders. Maybe Dollar Bill Z. could give back say 50-75%. See how that flies. :ranting2:

Got that letter today, and feel like sending a letter back and telling them to take it up with their 4 hour casuals.:butt kiss:

cf ask for a 12 1/2 but they pull it and we never got to vote on it. we were to far gone. but i don't know of anyone that every took it and make it. is this yrc or just holland

is this yrc or just holland

It isn't anybody, Lumpersam only said in his opinion, after this type of letter being sent to us, that a give back might be next. And if it were to be asked, what would everybody say to it. Please go back to the first post in this thread and reread what he said, we don't need something like this getting started as if it were happening already. He just simply asked a hypothetical question, WHAT IF, nothing more than that.

KK Says it is no longer an option in the contract and it is just as well because give backs just don't work. Never ever. Not one success story. I have asked around at our barn and not one has even hesitated in saying no way. They all agree with rtm457.
"Just close 'er down and lets get on with life"

I'm with you guys. Although it isn't an option for them to ask for the cut, I would say shut her down, see ya, good bye, good riddance. Let us get on with our life. If they ever do get that desperate, its too late anyway.

No way, no where ,no how.

The pay cut was removed from the NMFA years ago......KK

I have no knowledge that it was ever a part of the NMFA.

Regardless, I'm sure you know that the next step after they ask you to give up your soul like they are doing in this letter, they will definitely ask for a % of your wages.Hey! I am writing this from past experience, been there, done that
and I am certainly not going to let anybody twist my arm to do it again. I was not saying that it would happen, but it's something to think about.:shades:

Sticks and Stones?

it isn't anybody, lumpersam only said in his opinion, after this type of letter being sent to us, that a give back might be next. And if it were to be asked, what would everybody say to it. Please go back to the first post in this thread and reread what he said, we don't need something like this getting started as if it were happening already. He just simply asked a hypothetical question, what if, nothing more than that.

Thanks, thanks, thanks

your right benny i didn't read it all. just the last post. it was my bad. sorry about that. but NO ONE needs to start that kind of stuff. there a lot of company men out there that reads this site and loves to run to the shippers and tell this stuff. been there with cf and i know there one company out there that will run with. i don't think yrcw will ask you. they know no one has every made it that took the cut. i don't know of any carriers anyway.

That happens all the time, its no big deal. I've saw people get in to major disagreements and then realize that they hadn't read the first few messages and were wrong about what they thought the meaning of the thread was. The best part is now you know to always check the threads beginning.

they cant ask lump peroid! no give backs. you seem like a real idoit glad i dont know you personaly. sorry benny had to get that off my chest.i belive a lot of people are thinging that i just said it sorry.

Grind me apound while you are at it!!!

they cant ask lump peroid! no give backs. you seem like a real idoit glad i dont know you personaly. sorry benny had to get that off my chest.i belive a lot of people are thinging that i just said it sorry.

Hi realgearjammer:
Geez!!, I sure wish I could make some sense of your post, maybe you have all your gears jammed up.:1036316054:

what do you mean they cant ask? at alvan we were n.m.f.a. with a wage addendum. we negotiated our contract after the national was set. i believe they started it in 95 or 96 . i started there in 99. it was at 15 per cent when it started and was at 10 per cent the last year. we also had profit sharing. after having to give out a couple of profit sharing checks the crooks figured out how to avoid that.

Regarding this letter from Holland all I can say is that I am giving all that is humanly possible on a daily basis and that is between 85 to 100 percent, ( regardless of what others have posted) you can not give more than that, if anyone is saying that they are giving more, they are fooling themselves and the company.
There are many variables (dispatch, weather, road conditions, personal health, etc.etc.) involved in what percentage of yourself the company is entitled to.

My humble opinion is that after this pleading letter, the next step is KICKBACKS. Now I ask you, would you be willing to participate in a scheme that has been perpetrated on many a trucking company through out the years, well are you? 10 or 15% . Comments please.

As far as I am concerned, we are doing all that we can as
employees, now it's up to management to straighten this mess out!! :1036316054:

BH, thanks for posting the Holland Letter.

How many men have given kick backs and still lost their job? I would guess a lot more have lost their jobs than have kept their jobs. I say no kick backs EVER! Get all you can when you can. Most of us give all we can every day. USF or Roadway did not have these problems before YRC and Dollar Bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.