ABF | 10% pay cut not 7% in the end.

SLY P

TB Lurker
Credits
7% pay cut
2% to 2.5% Raise NOT received on April 1st 2013 under normal conditions.
1% to 1.5% one week vacation reduction
-------------------
10% to 11% pay cut.

Yes I know ABF will not save money paying you to WORK the week of vacation lost,
they will save it by NOT paying your COWORKERS time and a half for performing the work
YOU would have done that week.

I was part of the biggest scam in trucking history YRC
Now I can say I was part of the second. ABF:nutkick:

7% pay cut
2% to 2.5% Raise NOT received on April 1st 2013 under normal conditions.
1% to 1.5% one week vacation reduction
-------------------
10% to 11% pay cut.

Yes I know ABF will not save money paying you to WORK the week of vacation lost,
they will save it by NOT paying your COWORKERS time and a half for performing the work
YOU would have done that week.

I was part of the biggest scam in trucking history YRC
Now I can say I was part of the second. ABF:nutkick:

And just remember it was your own union that sold you down the river both times. Jimmy Hoffa is spinning in his grave.

The International gave us a bad contract but the RANK & FILE VOTED IN.....SHAME ON US ....WE FAILED OURSELVES

Your math is a little off.
-7% pay cut
-2% vacation (1/52)
It is bad enough without making it worse! But if you want to make it worse add in inflation, say 2.5%, and see what you get.

where the company is going to save money is junior guys running out of PTO days and having to go unpaid, when life comes a calling. 5 vacation days, 5 sick days and 3 personal days, a total of 13 days during the course of a year. family vacation, dr appts, dentist visit, being there for your childs recital or graduation etc, you name it and the days go fast, well even faster now. i know we get paid holidays, but most other folks are off that day too, not likely to go to the dentist on thanksgiving or christmas