XPO | 10 Swing door Vans at terminal.....

runningfor48

Here for Entertainment
Credits
We have received two swing door vans out of ten were getting. Is this common at any other barns? Call me crazy but it seems like this might be, put in place to start using on linehaul runs.....These appear to be old CFI vans and have lettered with Con-way Freight on sides. It's all part of the plan. In another 3-5 years we will be doing all meet and turns and leave dock up to all dockhands. No drivers on any Fac dock....It's coming get set, Goooo. That's all drivers, thanks

We have received two swing door vans out of ten were getting. Is this common at any other barns? Call me crazy but it seems like this might be, put in place to start using on linehaul runs.....These appear to be old CFI vans and have lettered with Con-way Freight on sides. It's all part of the plan. In another 3-5 years we will be doing all meet and turns and leave dock up to all dockhands. No drivers on any Fac dock....It's coming get set, Goooo. That's all drivers, thanks
we've had these for over ten years... no big deal. Truckload replaces their old units and we get them. If your lucky you may see them fitted with overhead doors. Huh, it looks like Chicken Little Syndrome is spreading

we've had these for over ten years... no big deal. Truckload replaces their old units and we get them. If your lucky you may see them fitted with overhead doors. Huh, it looks like Chicken Little Syndrome is spreading

thanks as usual for your wonderful insights :)

Yes, I've seen a few retrofitted with roll-up doors.
Keep the swinging ones and you HAVE to do your "circle of safety"!

Yes, I've seen a few retrofitted with roll-up doors.
Keep the swinging ones and you HAVE to do your "circle of safety"!

They said the swing doors will stay on, and you better not get caught without a lock....or you will be headed to traffic court or was that for not doing your circle of safety? I can't remember now, but wait in two weeks it will be the next thing they decide to pull out of their big blue note book.....lol:busted:

We've got lots of them. But they re sending them away as soon as we get our 45 33' pups for city operation.

We've got lots of them. But they re sending them away as soon as we get our 45 33' pups for city operation.

funny you mention the 33 footers. There is a renewed effort in Washington to push through new policy to allow twin 33 footers on the nation's truck routes. Experts say we are closer to this today than ever before. Look close under those 33' pups and see if they are 28' stretched refurbished units. Story goes we can extend our pups to 33' and drop our fifth wheel height to highway standard to maintain our inside nose height. Do your 33' pups have pintail hooks or glad hands on the rear? Or, does it look like they are ready for them?

funny you mention the 33 footers. There is a renewed effort in Washington to push through new policy to allow twin 33 footers on the nation's truck routes. Experts say we are closer to this today than ever before. Look close under those 33' pups and see if they are 28' stretched refurbished units. Story goes we can extend our pups to 33' and drop our fifth wheel height to highway standard to maintain our inside nose height. Do your 33' pups have pintail hooks or glad hands on the rear? Or, does it look like they are ready for them?

Don't know why they're wanting longer pups anyway, isn't that what CRST and Werner are for?

We haven't gotten them yet. I haven't seen one.

Don't know why they're wanting longer pups anyway, isn't that what CRST and Werner are for?

fedex, UPS and Conway are leading the charge for 33 footers.. They say they can stretch the pups we have to make them longer. Longer pups, more freight, less drivers. :) I say we just allow triples on all interstates.

We still have old CSE 53 foot vans that used to be CWT (Conway truckload) with the old orange logo inside the nose wall. They were converted to roll up door. We do have some new model (2005 and 2006) truckload vans that are still swing door vans but are not used for city runs, basically used for running freight to the 2 Amazon distribution centers nearby.

We still have old CSE 53 foot vans that used to be CWT (Conway truckload) with the old orange logo inside the nose wall. They were converted to roll up door. We do have some new model (2005 and 2006) truckload vans that are still swing door vans but are not used for city runs, basically used for running freight to the 2 Amazon distribution centers nearby.

I'm guessing your out NGV......xmas hit for you guys from Amazon yet?

Nope.....I'm at NRM......amazon is the only thing keeping us alive.....it's sad a 101 door fac terminal only running 8 guys a night on outbound. Christmas at amazon is defiantly helping us out for sure though

I'm surprised amazon hasn't dropped us yet. we tear up so much of their freight. Especially those teas that come in the green and red boxes.