XPO | $100,000,000 Or no ICP

I am just as confused BankR .. I am considering locking this useless thread and maybe something else if mike does not reappear and explain himself. I have low tolerance level for hit and run posts. Say what you mean. That is not hard to ask for.

$100 million profit is the entry level for ICP for 2009. Pays nothing until then.

It was in the meeting notes from the GO today.

So ... one of two things have happened here Bank ... I missed work today because of a PTO ... they may have had this in a monday communication meeting OR ... we have a few more supervisors or managers posting numbers so we can know what to look for this up coming year.

Whatever.

They can make that carrot on a stick as hard or as easy to achieve as they want to. The criteria they assign means nothing to me as does all of the hype and attention it gets through out the year. We get nothing to little this year in spite of our efforts and performance. Yeah, I know, the economy. But every year it's something.

We've all seen the endless list of culprits, albeit spread out over successive years; High health care costs, labor costs, mounting fuel costs, stiffer competition, rising equipment costs, but my personal favorite is "It was a tuff winter" costs.

"It was a tuff winter"? This one kills me as It seems we hear something about it every year. And here's the kicker; Winter happens every year! I know they are not rapidly increasing in intensity every year. What I see is winters that are just like last year or perhaps the winter 4 years ago, but they do seem to follow a pattern that involves cold, snow, and ice. - All of which can be economically planned for but we always hear how winter has negatively impacted our ICP. So lets get out there and work a little harder, team.

..............Just a chilling observation.

Also, am sure that they would never incorporate any creative writing or accounting techniques in their ICP payout calculations...........

Whatever.

They can make that carrot on a stick as hard or as easy to achieve as they want to. The criteria they assign means nothing to me as does all of the hype and attention it gets through out the year. We get nothing to little this year in spite of our efforts and performance. Yeah, I know, the economy. But every year it's something.

OMG! You hit the nail on the head with this one. Every year there's a reason.

I am just as confused BankR .. I am considering locking this useless thread and maybe something else if mike does not reappear and explain himself. I have low tolerance level for hit and run posts. Say what you mean. That is not hard to ask for.

I post when I'm able. I write from the perspective of an active , informed employee. From my time on Truckingboards I know there are others like this - my post usually target these people. Don't threaten to censor me , just ask. This is an information sharing site and if you don't know , someone else will. Sometimes I'm clueless about a post or out of the loop myself.

All I ask is not to leave us hanging. Certain threads sometimes only pertain to certain areas. This post concerns everyone. I am very resourceful at finding out things and I generally have a good grasp of sorting out certain threads. I would have to say more than one would agree that the way you started this thread is VERY vague and incomplete. I appreciate the well informed posters but not ones that start a cliffhanger.

wonderrring 99 i loose atleast 5min of my life every time i see one of your post,its not becouse of your vast knolege you share with us ,or your witty comments,or any of that its those damm shaking hooters (they transfix me for a good 5min)

All I ask is not to leave us hanging. Certain threads sometimes only pertain to certain areas. This post concerns everyone. I am very resourceful at finding out things and I generally have a good grasp of sorting out certain threads. I would have to say more than one would agree that the way you started this thread is VERY vague and incomplete. I appreciate the well informed posters but not ones that start a cliffhanger.

It was part of the video at the meeting this morning...100M in operating income to start paying ICP....we did 165M in 2008, so this is somewhat relaxed by comparison..and reflective of the times..

It was part of the video at the meeting this morning...100M in operating income to start paying ICP....we did 165M in 2008, so this is somewhat relaxed by comparison..and reflective of the times..

Does the ICP start accumulating at $100 miliion or is it retroactive once the $100 million mark is met?

It may been explained in the video and I missed it...does anyone know?

Rat :popcorn:

So what this is is the ICP will be payed after 100 mil? For instance, if the company makes say 180 mil we would receive ICP based off the additional 80 mil? I'm not sure I'm understanding this correctly. I was off again today so I will never get the meeting.