TForce | 100 million bucks down the crapper....

It was Lowes. Poor service by us to them, mainly on West Coast.
Good job over there guys.....

UPS only wants cheap labor. Contract carriers and hit and miss company line drivers. Don't blame the west coast. Blame UPS. The teamsters are moving at a snails pace. I have a feeling if the teamsters do get some work rules it will be for the contract carriers. They need to start making them pay dues :hysterical:

At our SVC Lowes was always treated as "hot", it was never held to the next day or saw an appt. trailer, unlike Home Depot which requires an Appt., not sure how losing the account could be contributed to service issues. Damages on the other hand, I've seen my fair share of busted pails and broken moulding come in from one of the larger hubs deep down south! We also used to see quite a bit of store-to-store transfers, not so much anymore.

I think it was in the UPS Freight Over the Road magazine an issue or 2 ago, talking about how UPS Freight was chosen to be Lowes Preferred Carrier as Lowes expanded into Canada...I guess that fell through???

I figured management would have had meetings w/ everyone from city/linehaul/dock about being a little more careful as we were in danger of losing the account, sorta like what they did with Arkwright a year or 2 ago, I remember our TM was pretty heated about that one, the TM made it sound like Providence, RI SVC would have shut down if we would have lost Arkwright, I've also seen it come out of Illinois as well...

Look at it this way. I hope this sounds a wake up call to someone above the brain dead flunkies we have running this outfit. Here......watch these video's while I go get you a forklift certification card. Now remember.....high and tight.....or was it cram and jam? Oh no sense using poly curtains either, because the roof is leaking......just get it out of the yard. We'll move it as soon as Central lines up the load with a UPSF driver that has sat for a few hours while gypsies are long gone taking the directs.....only to show up when they are good and ready to get there. Sad very sad.

My company was told by Lowe's that UPS was fired as a carrier due to poor performance and nothing else. Lowe's measures everything and if you're not at the top, you need to be worried.

Look at it this way. I hope this sounds a wake up call to someone above the brain dead flunkies we have running this outfit. Here......watch these video's while I go get you a forklift certification card. Now remember.....high and tight.....or was it cram and jam? Oh no sense using poly curtains either, because the roof is leaking......just get it out of the yard. We'll move it as soon as Central lines up the load with a UPSF driver that has sat for a few hours while gypsies are long gone taking the directs.....only to show up when they are good and ready to get there. Sad very sad.

You have hit that one dead on!!!! :biglaugh: Now only if we can get the company to listen to us instead of some collage kid in the office that does not know what "Being Practical" is really about!!! :1036316054:

You have hit that one dead on!!!! :biglaugh: Now only if we can get the company to listen to us instead of some collage kid in the office that does not know what "Being Practical" is really about!!!

Well maybe if we camoflage ourselves with an abacus, Richmond may listen?:biglaugh::biglaugh::smilie_132:

Yes I agree. it is sad.:1036316054:

Didn't someone post that the Lowes account in Oregon was subbed out to SAIA?

Correct. UPGF has never had anything to do with LOWES in the Pacific Northwest. So on that note, anyone who wants to set blame on the PNW for losing this account is blaming others for their own inabilities.

The main problem with the Lowe's account was POOR SERVICE ! Mainly damages AND the use of CONTRACT CARRIERS WHO WERE ALWAYS LATE ! Lowe's was never a money maker...it paid the light bill and that about it. When we first got the Lowe's account it was to "balance out the freight volume" or in laymans terms..."filler freight" !

Our TM gave us the news about it at the end of last week, said we had lost the account...I was bs'n with a few Estes employees and they said they had got the Lowes account now, we'll see though...I'm sure our sales people are out right now getting new business! (just in case you didn't get it, that was sarcasm) Hopefully it will be some good 'ol fashioned junk freight that Benton Express won't even pick up!

I have been in freight for many moons. There is an old saying in this biz. What comes around goes around!!! It will come back, it always does. The point here is I truly do hope this is the kick in the pants we need to open our eyes.

It was not service or quality that lost lowes, Lowes was downsizing their carriers to save money with high transportation costs. Roadway did not gain the account. They will be putting more freight on less carriers.

cms lost the holophane account just recently. I herd that a new dock worker loader the freight on to a trailer going to the west coast and left the bill with the freight. A few weeks later i guess a terminal out west calls and says hey we got the freight.