FedEx Freight | 100% Paid Healthcare Benefits

BoatRocker

TB Lurker
Credits
YRC and ABF employees get 100% paid medical benefits for them and their families, thanks to the Teamsters. Why shouldn't Fedex Freight employees get the same for them and their families. Especially when you consider the profit margins of these 2 Teamster companies compared to Fedex. Fedex Corp could buy and sell these 2 companies 10 times over. The point is simple, Fred Smith's greed and arrogance refuses to allow him to care for and appreciate the people who made him rich. I don't mean to offend or step on any toes here, but there comes a time when you've got to get in a bully's face and fight.

YRC and ABF employees get 100% paid medical benefits for them and their families, thanks to the Teamsters. Why shouldn't Fedex Freight employees get the same for them and their families. Especially when you consider the profit margins of these 2 Teamster companies compared to Fedex. Fedex Corp could buy and sell these 2 companies 10 times over. The point is simple, Fred Smith's greed and arrogance refuses to allow him to care for and appreciate the people who made him rich. I don't mean to offend or step on any toes here, but there comes a time when you've got to get in a bully's face and fight.
You know I used to work at aaa cooper. Was going to leave and went to fed ex put in my application and interview. Painted a pretty picture. Got to talking to several fed ex drivers and they pretty much said fed ex was just like aaa cooper on a much larger scale. Management can jack you around anytime they want to. That's why I decided to come to abf. Best choice I ever made

Yeah and yrc is getting their pension cut down to pennies...thanks teamsters...how much does that 100% insurance cost a week? Do they get 401k match? Quit looking at one piece and try to imagine the whole puzzle before you start bitching...

YRC pays for the Insurance and the pension, there's no cost to YRC employees. As for the pension itself, it's still better than Fedex's puny pension even though Fedex Corp is 10 times bigger than YRC or ABF. What good is your 401k if you or your family get a disease that will eat thru your savings due to your substandard insurance. Fred Smith isn't gonna care if you or your loved one has enough coverage to keep you from dying. But if you want to be a cheerleader for Freddy, have at it.....you can lead a horse to water..

YRC pays for the Insurance and the pension, there's no cost to YRC employees. As for the pension itself, it's still better than Fedex's puny pension even though Fedex Corp is 10 times bigger than YRC or ABF. What good is your 401k if you or your family get a disease that will eat thru your savings due to your substandard insurance. Fred Smith isn't gonna care if you or your loved one has enough coverage to keep you from dying. But if you want to be a cheerleader for Freddy, have at it.....you can lead a horse to water..

Are you an employee of any of these two companies? What if you crash and die in a wreck tonight? That 100% insurance ain't gonna mean dick...but my 401k will help my family in the same sutuation. I don't live my life on what ifs. All I know is our insurance is dam good compared to a majority of places, is the best? No. But it for sure is not the worst.

Yeah and yrc is getting their pension cut down to pennies...thanks teamsters...how much does that 100% insurance cost a week? Do they get 401k match? Quit looking at one piece and try to imagine the whole puzzle before you start bitching...

Seriously lol be realistic our insurance sucks and our pension is a joke not even comparable. Our puzzle is missing alot of the pieces unless we the employees pay for the missing pieces.

Are you an employee of any of these two companies? What if you crash and die in a wreck tonight? That 100% insurance ain't gonna mean dick...but my 401k will help my family in the same sutuation. I don't live my life on what ifs. All I know is our insurance is dam good compared to a majority of places, is the best? No. But it for sure is not the worst.
Well my 401k that I have is gonna leave my family in good shape. No, abf don't match but the money I don't have to spend because of our good insurance is going a long way.

A lot of cherry picking going on. When it comes to insurance? Point to the NMFA carriers. When it comes to pay? Point to UPSF. When it comes to pension? Point to a standard that's outdated.

You want a package that the IBT hasn't negotiated for anyone else. What makes you think it'd be any different? It's a negotiation. You gonna keep voting no because it's not what you think it should be?

I suggest visiting the YRC and ABF boards and asking them what the Teamsters have done for them lately. Nobody there is shy about all the stuff they've lost with little hope of ever seeing again.

I think they are hiring, go for it.

As I recall Teamcare insurance did continue covering your family for 5 years after your death. How long does the insurance continue here at FedEx upon your death without any additional cost?

A lot of cherry picking going on. When it comes to insurance? Point to the NMFA carriers. When it comes to pay? Point to UPSF. When it comes to pension? Point to a standard that's outdated.

You want a package that the IBT hasn't negotiated for anyone else. What makes you think it'd be any different? It's a negotiation. You gonna keep voting no because it's not what you think it should be?

I suggest visiting the YRC and ABF boards and asking them what the Teamsters have done for them lately. Nobody there is shy about all the stuff they've lost with little hope of ever seeing again.
Hate to be the one to point this out, but when comparing these things, the most similar carrier (to FXFE) would have to be UPSF. I'm pretty sure the only advantage we have on them would be the 401k match.That must be offset by much better pension, better top wage, better insurance for less cost, and let's not forget retiree healthcare that we don't have, unless you are upper management.

Now the NMFA carriers' pensions come in a variety of flavors, many of which are in good shape. Even the least popular Central States Fund may be superior, since it is insured, albeit at about half of it's original value. Their health insurance is also still quite superior, and with that retiree health coverage, probably gives them an edge in total compensation.

Bottom line: The advantage is there for drivers at these carriers. Huge advantage at UPSF once you get passed the 1st 4 years. . Smaller advantage at the NMFA carriers, but when considering total compensation' it is higher.

Last edited:
Id say those penny's pretty much match your 401k, enough said! I'd take my job over yours any day! Just couldn't work in the good ole boy system! :butt kiss:

Hate to be the one to point this out, but when comparing these things, the most similar carrier (to FXFE) would have to be UPSF. I'm pretty sure the only advantage we have on them would be the 401k match.That must be offset by much better pension, better top wage, better insurance for less cost, and let's not forget retiree healthcare that we don't have, unless you are upper management.

Now the NMFA carriers' pensions come in a variety of flavors, many of which are in good shape. Even the least popular Central States Fund may be superior, since it is insured, albeit at about half of it's original value. Their health insurance is also still quite superior, and with that retiree health coverage, probably gives them an edge in total compensation.

Bottom line: The advantage is there for drivers at these carriers. Huge advantage at UPSF once you get passed the 1st 4 years. . Smaller advantage at the NMFA carriers, but when considering total compensation' it is higher.
I'm not disagreeing with that concept, and you know that. I was pointing out that some people want the best of what everyone has. It's an unrealistic expectation, and you know that too.

Anyone who wants to hammer away at FedEx until they get what they want is in for a very long fight, and realistically the first contract wouldn't be anywhere close to a bundle of YRC healthcare and PTS restrictions with UPSF pay and pension. It's more likely that you'd get a UPSF style contract, which means 100% paid healthcare isn't going to be part of the deal.

I'm not disagreeing with that concept, and you know that. I was pointing out that some people want the best of what everyone has. It's an unrealistic expectation, and you know that too.

Anyone who wants to hammer away at FedEx until they get what they want is in for a very long fight, and realistically the first contract wouldn't be anywhere close to a bundle of YRC healthcare and PTS restrictions with UPSF pay and pension. It's more likely that you'd get a UPSF style contract, which means 100% paid healthcare isn't going to be part of the deal.

I'll agree to an extent. It all comes down to degree of support. Significant gains, while more likely than not, may not include everything. You are probably right that 100% paid medical is highly unlikely... I'm not sure that was ever expected.

I'm sorry I have to jump in, but there is a lot of misinformation on the internet. I can not comment of fed ex or abf but I have worked for YRC/Roadway for over 29 years. Our health care is not 100%. Every time I go to the doctor I have to pay a $20 copay and my prescription are usually $3-$20. I can tell you that I don't know how you guys do it. I have been blessed with good health but my wife wasn't so lucky, her surgeries over the years would have bankrupted my family. The only thing that saved me was my benefits and I hope no one ever has to go thru what I did, when I opened the bills from the hospital and doctors and it said balance due: Zero.
Health care is not a Union/anti-Union thing, all employees should have it, period.

As far as pensions and give backs, you really have to do your homework.

Sorry to hijack your thread.

Better do some research.100% paid healthcare is true. Pay a more than 20 bucks a week lowers your deductible. 90/10