Holland | 100% Utility Terminals?

here's a question on the utility drivers bids city drivers get paid time and a half if they work on saturday there 6 th day what is going to happen? with that road drivers can be forced to work 7 days in a row and not get any time in a half also as a road driver do we still have to work the dock if a utility driver is there cause then it's not a closed terminal

"IT IS NOT THE INTENT" Do you think we will be able to argue that one.
Look at the money YRC would save on milage, guys not setting in the breakroom anylonger waiting for their loads, guys not staying in motels anylonger.
Do you think they care about that dollar more on the hour when thay will be saving all this money.
Not to mention all the guys that are going out the door.
Listen to us. This should have never passed. We do not even know what we voted for. Every time I think about this passing. It makes me sick.
Well I for one know how I feel, I VOTED NO!!!!

no not towards u

I hope that was not a remark towards me.
not at all towards u wire, my point was just, that was a bad contract.. and zollers said 3 weeks ago I hope us and the teamsters can come to an aggrement,, and the next day they close 21 redd barns mmh? what gives? Im in cali.. and still have a job but I can see the hammer:2wce0ep:

I would say that the hammer is about to come down at alot more places. I hope it doesnt happen, but I dont trust Zollars anymore then his old lady does.

Well it's official now, I read it onTruckingboards, Nice knowing you guys, I have to go now and slit my wrists!!!!!! Seriously, 2 months ago we were arguing about the contract and now all the city drivers can do is bash the linehaul and say "good luck". Cant we atleast save this for the "I told you so" thread. Bunch of friggin doom and gloomers, I feel sorry for your wives and family. I feel bad for anyone laid off or "downsized" but if it happened to me I would just have to thank the Lord for the good years I had here and go on. I geuss we'll all find out in a couple months right? My money is on Holland not being affected too much by the UE. Wishful thinking perhaps.:hide:

By the way, dont give the road guys ::shit:: for sitting in the drivers room getting paid while you guys are dragging your heels on the dock because of layoffs. I would rather be out on the road and not listen to a bunch of bullshit anyway.:Poke: For the record I voted NO

First off I am a laid off road guy, and if you need a knife to slit your wrists let me know you can use mine. I know its sharp and will get the job done. So when you get to Allentown just ask me for it, but doubt you will say a word. As far as your other comments when you get here come see me.:1036316054:

First off I am a laid off road guy, and if you need a knife to slit your wrists let me know you can use mine. I know its sharp and will get the job done. So when you get to Allentown just ask me for it, but doubt you will say a word. As far as your other comments when you get here come see me.:1036316054:

Whats that supposed to be.. a Threat? What other comments bothered you so much brother?

no trust

I would say that the hammer is about to come down at alot more places. I hope it doesnt happen, but I dont trust Zollars anymore then his old lady does.
I just wanted to say, Im a usf red line driver... but i was bestway before.. and i saw bestway take dugan, then red take bestway... all under yrc. Now all texas is shutdown except a few holland barns..Is this why zollars wanted the union vote yes. just to shut it down?:funky:

Your comments crack me up so much, you want the knife so I wanna see if you got nuts to do it......like I said look me up......

OK!:hysterical: I geuss it's a good thing to have a sense of humor in this business or I would have used a knife a long time ago!! I havent made it to Allentown yet but I heard it's a nice motel there. I will look you up when/if I make it there. Considering its all UE after april 1 I might never make it. But just in case, should I just ask how to get ahold of WIREMAN when I get there?:1036316054:

wheres my money?

OK!:hysterical: I geuss it's a good thing to have a sense of humor in this business or I would have used a knife a long time ago!! I havent made it to Allentown yet but I heard it's a nice motel there. I will look you up when/if I make it there. Considering its all UE after april 1 I might never make it. But just in case, should I just ask how to get ahold of WIREMAN when I get there?:1036316054:
I got my money on wireman:tongue0002:
i waved to the shoe 4 you!!!!:sumo:

I'm geussing if he's laid off he might take me out fishing or drinking or something. I'll buy the beer and gas Wireman. I got sick days left 10-4!!:1036316054:
Well like I said I am laid off, workin at the bottom of the board for now. But come April will be taking a 5am bid or a 6 or maybe even hop on the open board......If I do take the 5am I will be there bright and early, so if you wanna look me up just mention wireman or look for the biggest guy on the dock.....:smilie_132:

Well like I said I am laid off, workin at the bottom of the board for now. But come April will be taking a 5am bid or a 6 or maybe even hop on the open board......If I do take the 5am I will be there bright and early, so if you wanna look me up just mention wireman or look for the biggest guy on the dock.....:smilie_132:

Roger that Wireman, I would love to sit and BS with you for a while, and check your knife for adequate sharpness for city use!:biglaugh: I tend to not even look at a dock when I walk into a terminal just because it depresses me so I will just find a p+d man and ask him where to find you when I get there. Let me know on here if you go to open board, thats where I am so there you have it! Ps. I'm pretty big but not the biggest one to slime out of one of these road units!!:hysterical:

They are not utility employees. They are road drivers, going into a terminal with no city employees, {Youngstown} told by supervisor where to dock, what bay to put there freight in, and where to load their freight for their home load. There are several drivers at the same time doing the same thing. Its called re-ship, like all the other LTLs, its legal, and its gonna happen everywhere most likely. If we stay in buisness. Get used to it.

They are not utility employees. They are road drivers, going into a terminal with no city employees, {Youngstown} told by supervisor where to dock, what bay to put there freight in, and where to load their freight for their home load. There are several drivers at the same time doing the same thing. Its called re-ship, like all the other LTLs, its legal, and its gonna happen everywhere most likely. If we stay in buisness. Get used to it.

I believe it is called KICK and PICK. That has nothing to do with a UE driver when the new contract starts.

N Flash,
From what we've been told there won't be a UE Board except on the initial bid. In other words if your barn will have 4 UE men whoever the 4 are who get on it will be the UE's for the first bid....whatever length it is at your barn.....6 months, one year, etc.....when the time comes to bid it again it will just be regular local cartage bid....like hostler, P&D, etc...

Our BA told us in our meeting that it is a one time bid once u bid it u r one it for good. There is no coming off it unless the is a hearing of C.O.O. where they lose a freight for ue driver.