ODFL | 1000 2018 Cascadias coming

How was the seat Kenneth. I heard they are upgrading them. Any difference that you could feel?
Ump , I did get in it this morning.Not much difference in seats.Except,they are black and grey.But,again these Tractors are still in testing and things will change before final production

Already complained about bumper skirt on the front.The Skirt is attached to the bumper and goes almost to the ground.The one on there has already got scratches on it.Also,the drink cup holders are lower and almost to the floor.Someone going to have a wreck reaching down to get there coffee cup.lol
Those bumpers won't last a day in the city. Most won't make it out of the yard. The dip in front of our gate will give you a preventable on your record day one.

Those bumpers won't last a day in the city. Most won't make it out of the yard. The dip in front of our gate will give you a preventable on your record day one.
It has a reg bumper.There are three skirts that fasten below bumper that are plastic.It will never last in the city for sure.But,yes going to be Alot of preventables on this for sure.

That's just an option Freightliner is showing off, doubt OD will order a bunch of these with that added bumper piece nor will the other big carriers. They know today's new breed is a bunch of idiots and will crush it right away.

That's just an option Freightliner is showing off, doubt OD will order a bunch of these with that added bumper piece nor will the other big carriers. They know today's new breed is a bunch of idiots and will crush it right away.
Nope,OD will order them.Also,this model will be replacing the Evolution model that they build now from my understanding.

Nope,OD will order them.Also,this model will be replacing the Evolution model that they build now from my understanding.

That's just down right stupid. Obviously isn't a driver's company anymore. Must be some desk jockey that's an easy sell for vendors over in NC ordering trucks now.

Our trucks go through many different types of conditions during the day, leave the low clearance crap for the OTR carriers or team trucks. I know you see a test unit infront of you, but pretty positive the new trucks will not come with the additional bumper piece or someone will lose their job.

They started paying linehaul so much they needed to create a way for everyone to lose their measely safety bonus.

That's just down right stupid. Obviously isn't a driver's company anymore. Must be some desk jockey that's an easy sell for vendors over in NC ordering trucks now.

Our trucks go through many different types of conditions during the day, leave the low clearance crap for the OTR carriers or team trucks. I know you see a test unit infront of you, but pretty positive the new trucks will not come with the additional bumper piece or someone will lose their job.

They started paying linehaul so much they needed to create a way for everyone to lose their measely safety bonus.
Well,when they do make it local Billy you want have to worry about them.The skirts will not be there by the time you get in the seat of one :hilarious:

Kenneth do you know if this one they are testing is already castrated and set up toO specs? Would be nice to see them test new trucks at factory settings.
I've been driving a '17 for a few weeks now, and it outpulls my old Cummins equipped '13,which I'll have to admit I didn't expect. I've been really impressed with this Detroit.

I've been driving a '17 for a few weeks now, and it outpulls my old Cummins equipped '13,which I'll have to admit I didn't expect. I've been really impressed with this Detroit.

The 17s we've got in ATL pull great once they decide to get up and go. Only problem is they drop to 60 before they start pulling, thus losing all your momentum. Also, I've noticed with the 16 team trucks (that's what I've got) they won't hold at 64. Apparently 62 with a mild pull is good enough. You have to step on the accelerator with the cruise set to get it to run 64.

The 17s we've got in ATL pull great once they decide to get up and go. Only problem is they drop to 60 before they start pulling, thus losing all your momentum. Also, I've noticed with the 16 team trucks (that's what I've got) they won't hold at 64. Apparently 62 with a mild pull is good enough. You have to step on the accelerator with the cruise set to get it to run 64.
The cruise seems a bit lazy,since I run the same route I have a pretty good idea at the places the cruise is going to fall asleep and just apply a little fuel at the base of the hill or rise I'm coming up on, seems to cure what ails it.

16' just passed 30,000. Fuel millage not up to par with my 13', still breaking her in hopefull. As far as power...nothing new to see here.