ODFL | 1000 2018 Cascadias coming

16' just passed 30,000. Fuel millage not up to par with my 13', still breaking her in hopefull. As far as power...nothing new to see here.
I'm almost averaging 1+mpg over my old Cummins(the guys that got the '16's here are reporting same result) I don't have the grades to deal with as you but have a constant crosswind, OD pulled all of our 13's(all had 700k or more on odometer) and sent them elsewhere,I liked the Cummins,but so far I like the new one more and it's taken five minutes off my run time.

Reactions: Ump
I'm almost averaging 1+mpg over my old Cummins(the guys that got the '16's here are reporting same result) I don't have the grades to deal with as you but have a constant crosswind, OD pulled all of our 13's(all had 700k or more on odometer) and sent them elsewhere,I liked the Cummins,but so far I like the new one more and it's taken five minutes off my run time.
Found out they had mine spect out at 70 mph and 1500 rpm. My ROI went thru the roof but it's slowly coming down.

They should take you guys out of the equation when it comes to company fuel mileage...
We keep trying to get them to spec out the tractors so we can hit those hills with a little momentum. I heard a while back they where thinking about setting the computers to give us a little extra juice when climbing under a load, probably just trucker rumors, but a guy can dream!!

We keep trying to get them to spec out the tractors so we can hit those hills with a little momentum. I heard a while back they where thinking about setting the computers to give us a little extra juice when climbing under a load, probably just trucker rumors, but a guy can dream!!

They really need to take that throttle lag out of the cruise setting, it's hard to catch every single hill with your foot in it short of not using the cruise in the first place.

Reactions: Ump
698 mile run, so see reason for losing 450,000 mile 13 with new motor. Liked to burn fuel. 100 to 120 gals more per week than 16/17's before rebuild. Mileage went up 1.5 to 2.0 mpg in 16, same in 17. Added average of 20 mins drive time over 13 Cummins with hard cruise, 30 mins after the rebuild, still at Cummins break in period and got best fuel milage, only 1/2 mpg less than 16/17's. Rolling hills 1st 60 miles of run is 13 to 17 mins of the 20. Drop extra gear with both 16/17, sometimes 2. 2 of 4 16's we have/had were hard cruise, so they can be set that way. KCY shop said not allowed now, and will reset those who have it to floating cruise when doing spec. checks. Foot gets tired at times.

What series Detroit's you guys running ? We have Volvo's and Frtliners with both 11 and 13 series Seems like the Frtliners pull better than the Volvo's

What series Detroit's you guys running ? We have Volvo's and Frtliners with both 11 and 13 series Seems like the Frtliners pull better than the Volvo's
DD 15's Manufacturers plate has them rated at 455 brake HP our experiences vary widely with that.

Thanks Dean We don't get anything that big here. Guess that's why I'm always in your way, plus the fact we are set to 62 mph. Our fuel ileage isn't the greatest in carhaul but on a trip out to Denver I did avg almost 7 mpg. Was just wondering that's all Thanks again and stay safe