Yellow | 11/15/10 yrc change of operations

Yes, I am thinking that. What will it be like to stand their looking at a Lexus or MK5 and say to myself, I use to work right at this spot where the trucks use to roll in, then realize that I do work here again selling cars. At good old LCP

Gentlemen.....I apologize for these numbers not being precise, but they are approx what I heard before the election.....someone with more resources and time please verify

I heard at a terminal BEFORE the vote that YRC comapnies were carry APPROX 55% of the total National and Regional Freight with APPROX 350 terminals. HOLLAND, and not the total Regionals was operating with APPROX 54 terminals (I'm not sure of the total number of Regional terminals in operation)

IF the numbers I heard were accurate then the Nationals are carrying 55% of the freight but using approx 3-4 times the number of terminals, manpower and equipment to do so. IF IF IF these numbers I heard are even close to accurate this would be a significant reason for the projected closing of 50 or so National terminals

Once again...would someone with more resources and expertise then I please verify or correct me....thanks to all

Those numbers may be correct, however the national network covers a lot more area some of which is sparsely populated thus smaller terminals, it's tough to pedal 250 miles from the terminal.

maybe someone can answer this.When Yrc is closing a terminal and moving all the work to 1 terminal.Why do they only allow the men on bid to move to that terminal.For instance my terminal 673 Asheville Nc closing in COO but only 5 men allowed to move out.All work going to 682 Greenville SC.Asheville only had 5- 6 (out of 20)guys on bid all year.Been using 3-4 guys regularly from lay-off list.It just seems to me intire seniority list would be transfered.(active to active -inactive to inactive).Isn` it act.8 or someting.It will take more men to run the area because it`s an hour drive just to the closest customers we service.

maybe someone can answer this.When Yrc is closing a terminal and moving all the work to 1 terminal.Why do they only allow the men on bid to move to that terminal.For instance my terminal 673 Asheville Nc closing in COO but only 5 men allowed to move out.All work going to 682 Greenville SC.Asheville only had 5- 6 (out of 20)guys on bid all year.Been using 3-4 guys regularly from lay-off list.It just seems to me intire seniority list would be transfered.(active to active -inactive to inactive).Isn` it act.8 or someting.It will take more men to run the area because it`s an hour drive just to the closest customers we service.

Jug: Here is how that works. I was in the last change back in March 2009. I was domiciled at South Bend IN (R22/T312 Roadway). I elected to move to T254 Port Huron. Change went as planned, but the work didn't follow. 08 May 09, was laid off, Nov 09 the next change which closed T254 and moved it to Pontiac MI., I was left behind and placed on the "Master Seniority Laid off List" of which I still occupy. Under Art 8, Sec 6, if I want to go back to work for YRC anywhere in my region, I must submit a Letter of Intent, exercising my rights under Art 5, Sec 5 to go back to work at a new domicile. Keep in mind that once this is done, I lose all seniority rights to my board position (go to the bottom of the New Board) and gain seniority from there. I do not lose Company Seniority, but will be the first to be laid off at the gaining terminal. What they are doing is leaving a lot of men/women out in the cold again, with no place to return to, UNLESS you want to "start over" again. This is the BIGGEST CROCK of ::shit:: ever hoisted against an employee, but YRC and the International Bros of STUPIDITY seem perfectly comfortable in screwing over a lot of peoples lives by doing this. Lots of these folks have already forgotten about the nearly 33000 members that have lost their jobs at YRCW in the last year and a half. The only thing that can be done is that the COO committee change these rules, but don't hold your breath waiting, it isn't going to happen.

PS: YRC doesn't give a ::shit:: about service, that is why they are in the position they are in. Had they listened to the folks doing the job, NO ONE WOULD BE LAID OFF RIGHT NOW and they would be hiring. There would be no concessions, no animosity, but the company would be micromanaged to the last 100th click. It happened back in 1995 when Roadway was spun off from the Caliber System, and formed the Excaliber System. Ask any Roadway driver with 20+ years about the Lean Years, they will tell you. Those were the days of "Open Door", EEFB, AI, and President Jim Staley. Too bad we can't turn back the hands of time.

Mike Wickham did a hell of a job during those lean years. I know being a Teamster it might be blasphemy to say something positive about a CEO but Wickham navigated through a tough time after the RPS gang had ***** and pillaged Roadway. The rank and file also contributed by driving equipment that for a while was something like 18 yrs. old. I'm sure some remember those old long nose Volvo's that came with V6 Detroits and then were refitted with Series 60 Detroits.

I remember those years.I thank you for the reply.I`ve pretty much decieded not to go back anyway,but after being a TEAMSTER for over 25+ years(not all at YRC Roadway).its hard to just let it go.But I`ve got the best job I have ever had rite now.Like I said its been my life.Since I was 21.Ive even tried to wein myself off trucking boards ,and, I`ve only been hear for 11 yrs.

Mike Wickham did a hell of a job during those lean years. I know being a Teamster it might be blasphemy to say something positive about a CEO but Wickham navigated through a tough time after the RPS gang had ***** and pillaged Roadway. The rank and file also contributed by driving equipment that for a while was something like 18 yrs. old. I'm sure some remember those old long nose Volvo's that came with V6 Detroits and then were refitted with Series 60 Detroits.

AGREED! Wickham and Mrs Rousch both. Like a Timex, took a licking and kept on ticking! AH, Yeah the 40 and 80 series units. Been there too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya nothing beat a pumpkin for peddeling, got in and out of many a tight spot couldn't pull fast but no probem pulling 38,000lbs of shampoo, never broke down had that baby for 18yrs.

Quick stall, now its running backwards.... Exhaust commin' out the hood and a whole lotta gears going backwards....

Gotta love that sh*t!!!

We made a whole lotta money... Who woulda believed I could sit in on an EEFB meeting and trash my supervisor, sitting side by side with my district mgr and express my "evaluation" of my "superiors." Trend setting at its best.