TForce | $ 12.58 an hr

maggotbrain

TB Lurker
Credits
Has anyone filed a grievance over being paid $12.58 an hour to work on the dock ? I was offered the choice of being on layoff or to work part time on the dock at $12.58/hr. I choose the dock, is UPS Freight able to do this ? PS, the guys that choose the layoff have yet to receive unemployment checks. I wonder why ????

We had a guy here who decided to do it. Because of the classification change that is what he is getting paid as well.

He is the bottom man in the company so I guess he had to take what he had to take.

Pay changes are stated in the contract in regards to classification changes.

Has anyone filed a grievance over being paid $12.58 an hour to work on the dock ? I was offered the choice of being on layoff or to work part time on the dock at $12.58/hr. I choose the dock, is UPS Freight able to do this ? PS, the guys that choose the layoff have yet to receive unemployment checks. I wonder why ????
Should'nt you be classified as full-time casual not part time?

..grieve it .. he might not be guaranteed 40 but I cant remember where working 40 hrs was a prerequisite for being full time...1 hr hour or 50 his company time doesn't change so why should his job classification...its a play plain and simple...
nickle here nickle there..mounts up...but whats right is right...

I didn't thing they were able to reclassify you, they've threatened me and a few other drivers with doing that and cutting our pay. Our steward says its B.S. and ready to fight it should it come to that. I'm at top pay, I don't care if I get 40 a week, but I do care about staying at my current pay rate, be it driving/working the dock.

I got reclassified in June and worked overtime almost everyday for 4 months. Our TM said that was my only choice or be laid off. I'm still fighting that. The only reason I stayed was because I was hired under Overnite. $19.75/hr part time dock/cdl.

I got reclassified in June and worked overtime almost everyday for 4 months. Our TM said that was my only choice or be laid off. I'm still fighting that. The only reason I stayed was because I was hired under Overnite. $19.75/hr part time dock/cdl.

It is total B.S. The company is doing this as long as they can. it is a sure loser for them in arbitration.