FedEx Freight | 13%

Insane Trucker

TB Lurker
Credits
Freight is only 13% of FedEx . If this thing went nation wide why wouldn't they just sell the freight segment and walk away ? We could all be starting over again. I make good money for what I do. Do I want more? Yes. Am I willing to give up my 75000 dollar a year job? NO! As drivers we all make good money don't put our jobs at risk because of greed. Look at other jobs out there and if your honest with yourself you will see we have it pretty good.:wink:

Freight is only 13% of FedEx . If this thing went nation wide why wouldn't they just sell the freight segment and walk away ? We could all be starting over again. I make good money for what I do. Do I want more? Yes. Am I willing to give up my 75000 dollar a year job? NO! As drivers we all make good money don't put our jobs at risk because of greed. Look at other jobs out there and if your honest with yourself you will see we have it pretty good.:wink:

Looks like we have our first MEster.....

From Fred's track record, he doesn't buy companies to sell'em.. He'll fight tooth and nail and maybe reduce the lanes, but he ain't sellin'.... Besides, he has a BOD to answer to...

Just a realist.

Here's the reality for ya.

Employed at will
No limit on PT/ Rail
Constant erosion of Healthcare
No written rules that can be changed at anytime

This isn't about greed.Perhaps you might consider preserving your 75k job with a contract before you find out that you are no longer economically viable to the company and then what will you have?

Might be a good thing if they sell us off.

Your makin' 75K!? Great for you! Not everyone at FEDEX FREIGHT makes that,,and the guys that are will be forced and bought out next round of readjusting. Or just asked to move to another terminal and starved out..So, the guys who are making 20K less will keep their jobs. If you only had protection from that....

Well the first part of your name says it all.

To an extent I agree. But when a company tries to go another direction by being tight on pay raises and ridiculous punishment for small infractions and less concern for our lives once they've used us up. Something needs to be done to get their attention. . Maybe a push back.

Here's the reality for ya.

Employed at will
No limit on PT/ Rail
Constant erosion of Healthcare
No written rules that can be changed at anytime

This isn't about greed.Perhaps you might consider preserving your 75k job with a contract before you find out that you are no longer economically viable to the company and then what will you have?
Totally agree :D. Don't look at what you had now. Without black and white on paper it means NOTHING I vote YES

Very good ponts all the entitlement people are going to slaughter you on this post
That is what this country has created and in the next 15-20 years it will be differant
for all of us.

The name "Insane Trucker" says it all

Very good ponts all the entitlement people are going to slaughter you on this post
That is what this country has created and in the next 15-20 years it will be differant
for all of us.

Exercising the right to organize and seeking a CBA is an entitlement indeed! I understand your angle is derogatory...sad that rights are now viewed as something workers don't deserve to utilize.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Forum Runner

To an extent I agree. But when a company tries to go another direction by being tight on pay raises and ridiculous punishment for small infractions and less concern for our lives once they've used us up. Something needs to be done to get their attention. . Maybe a push back.

Infractions are mostly set by the Regional and Terminal Managers, in my experience.. I worked day after day for Estes for 14 years and never got a right up, never got pulled in on the carpet.. And no, I'm not special.. I have had the pleasure of being with Regional's and TM's that believed, "OK, he didn't kill anyone or total out the truck, so let's go back to work".. When you have that kinda person at the helm, then you got something.. What I'm basically saying is, some of these these guys do nothing but walk around the terminal every day taking up space and have a Regional that like their butts licked.. In the old days, we took care of people like him... He was very uncomfortable in his own skin for some time.. And, eventually he eventually came around to our way of thinking.. Look, if you mess up, take your punishment.. Good, steady LTL hands are hard to find these days...

The union can and will help in these cases.. As long as you are in the right... One thing I found out as a Teamster.. Don't steal.. Don't rat.. And by all means don't lie.. If you do all these things right, you won't have a worry in the world as a Teamster...

I hope YRC don't find out you're for sale. LOL.

The banks probably dont have the cash for a loan for anybody to buy Fedex Freight.

FedEx won't sell, Too much cash flows through this door. (13% of FedEx is still HUGE) Who would make such a decision? It's not up to Fred. Also, the stock price is so pumped up now, as to be untouchable. And that is no accident, it's by design.

Keep in mind, 75k and up guy, your position is more likely to be farmed out to purchase transportation, than anyone's. Would you like to see the figures that show the steady trend towards MORE and MORE P/T? I have them when you're ready to see them.

How do you equate seeking fair market value for your services with greed? Do you also equate NOT compensating at fair market value with greed? Hmmm...

for all of us.
Years ago ya had a one tier pay system and a Teamster Freight guy could work wherever the freight was any day of the week for the same payrate AND pay his bills AND have Teamster Healthcare AND have pension contributions.
He didn't even have to be on the FT seniority board at any of them. As long as he worked enough hours in a quarter he had it all.

Thats what ya had before the Obamacare.
That was balanced capitalism.

Its your antiunion company favoring ideals which brought entitlements as necessities.

Who is standing at the end of the line with hand out?
Corporate Insurance companies...they are the recipients of the mandate.....and unionbusting powerlust by Wall st. is the cause.

Bust up the unions.
Take away their voice and livable wage demands.
Bust up their healthcare and make it unaffordable if they are unemployed or start over.
Take away there pensions

Then call for mandates so corporations are guarenteed customers.
But most importantly the workers are unorganized and have no say in their workplace or government.

Your policies cause the entitlements citydog.
Busting unions does.

Sooner or later we'll have an Obamacare mandated pension system with finance lobbying and benefitting from it cause company retirement plans if offered at all will leave us living in the street when old....Dont worry the privateers are taking over the county nursing homes
.so they can rake in taxes to care for people who didnt have a pension .....Soon what unions provided freely and fairlly in the market will all be mandated...and we'll keep none of our pay.
They dont need a union when its mandated by govt. The political voice is wiped out....and we're left to a country run by corporations who may not even have a US address or even pay taxes.
Don't worry we've got the tab.

Years ago ya had a one tier pay system and a Teamster Freight guy could work wherever the freight was any day of the week for the same payrate AND pay his bills AND have Teamster Healthcare AND have pension contributions.
He didn't even have to be on the FT seniority board at any of them. As long as he worked enough hours in a quarter he had it all.

Thats what ya had before the Obamacare.
That was balanced capitalism.

Its your antiunion company favoring ideals which brought entitlements as necessities.

Who is standing at the end of the line with hand out?
Corporate Insurance companies...they are the recipients of the mandate.....and unionbusting powerlust by Wall st. is the cause.

Bust up the unions.
Take away their voice and livable wage demands.
Bust up their healthcare and make it unaffordable if they are unemployed or start over.
Take away there pensions

Then call for mandates so corporations are guarenteed customers.
But most importantly the workers are unorganized and have no say in their workplace or government.

Your policies cause the entitlements citydog.
Busting unions does.

Sooner or later we'll have an Obamacare mandated pension system with finance lobbying and benefitting from it cause company retirement plans if offered at all will leave us living in the street when old....Dont worry the privateers are taking over the county nursing homes
.so they can rake in taxes to care for people who didnt have a pension .....Soon what unions provided freely and fairlly in the market will all be mandated...and we'll keep none of our pay.
They dont need a union when its mandated by govt. The political voice is wiped out....and we're left to a country run by corporations who may not even have a US address or even pay taxes.
Don't worry we've got the tab.

And yet you want me to support the union who supports the democrats ? So in reality you guys who support this are saying they hell with the country just give me mine. That is pathetic. You guys who think they won't sell this company are lying to yourself they will not let this small part of the company drag the rest of it down with it . So if you vote yes it is only because of greed . We won't get a contract they will tie it up in the courts for years and if it went nationwide they will sell and walk away and then what will the union do for you ? Nothing!