FedEx Freight | 13%

Freight is only 13% of FedEx . If this thing went nation wide why wouldn't they just sell the freight segment and walk away ? :
If Freddy could talk the BOD into selling the new owner would still have to negotiate with the union. Probably would be able to sell unless it went at a fire sale price, I doubt the BOD would allow it, 13% is still a lot of money.

There's a biased system which needs work imo. It shouldnt take years to attain a contract. Its wrong and a serious abuse of American lives. It is unbelievable how people find this drawn out process fair and just. They just accept what should be an outrage...all comfortable with business having all power. A docile people......much like colonists before 1776 England/the company knows all and if we are subservant they will take care of us.

I hear right wing brainwashing here. I dont know where you came up with that.

Did you know that Vangaurd is major shareholder of Fedex and UPS. Fact shows they didnt cut Freight from UPS.

And yet you want me to support the union who supports the democrats ? So in reality you guys who support this are saying they hell with the country just give me mine. That is pathetic. You guys who think they won't sell this company are lying to yourself they will not let this small part of the company drag the rest of it down with it . So if you vote yes it is only because of greed . We won't get a contract they will tie it up in the courts for years and if it went nationwide they will sell and walk away and then what will the union do for you ? Nothing!

If Freddy could talk the BOD into selling the new owner would still have to negotiate with the union. Probably would be able to sell unless it went at a fire sale price, I doubt the BOD would allow it, 13% is still a lot of money.

That's what Fred is afraid of, if he let's the union come in, and IF he decides one day to sell, his chances are very low on selling the company for it's actual worth, because they are union... Owners need to see through the fog and see that having a union HELPS the company.. The union keeps the rules in tact and makes sure the members abide by the rules, if not the union can't help the member... The union manages the member and that's something the owner doesn't have to worry about.. Look at UPS, thousands of employees that show up for work every day.. You don't hear about conflict of interest from UPS management.. That's a job that they don't have to do...

And yet you want me to support the union who supports the democrats ? So in reality you guys who support this are saying they hell with the country just give me mine. That is pathetic. You guys who think they won't sell this company are lying to yourself they will not let this small part of the company drag the rest of it down with it . So if you vote yes it is only because of greed . We won't get a contract they will tie it up in the courts for years and if it went nationwide they will sell and walk away and then what will the union do for you ? Nothing!

If your worried about Freight being sold off, go buy a bread truck and work for Ground. They will never sell that cash cow. And you'll never have to worry about a union.

If your worried about Freight being sold off, go buy a bread truck and work for Ground. They will never sell that cash cow. And you'll never have to worry about a union.

He doesn't have to join the union... He doesn't have to pay dues and enjoy the fruits.... But his popularity poll would drop like a rock..LOL

We are the country.
Without a union workforce Sony, Toyota, Honda, Kia BMW have more voice in our politics than the American workers at Fedex and Conway, who actually live here.
Your antiunion stance keeps it that way.
They control DC and the states they're in and the localities.

You don't have to support dems as a union member.

I welcome any GOP to come participate and help change who we support. You have no say where you stand. The companies and unions sponsor politicians. Without a union you have very little say on who's picked. It takes money and numbers to pick. Alone you have neither.

I welcome any GOP to come participate and help change who we support. You have no say where you stand. The companies and unions sponsor politicians. Without a union you have very little say on who's picked. It takes money and numbers to pick. Alone you have neither.

So, you are inviting a GOP to come and support unions, because it's a known fact that unions support Democrats? But yet, you say he doesn't have to support Democrats as a union member? Is that an oxymoron? LOL.. That's a good one....

We are the country.
Without a union workforce Sony, Toyota, Honda, Kia BMW have more voice in our politics than the American workers at Fedex and Conway, who actually live here.
Your antiunion stance keeps it that way.
They control DC and the states they're in and the localities.

You don't have to support dems as a union member.

It does not matter who you welcome to participate. The truth is the unions support the dems and that won't change. Obama is destroying our country along with thousands of other politicians,all supported by union. I see it every election year politicians support laws that take our jobs and the unions still come out in full support of these libtards. Wake up you greedy bunch of people.WAKE UP!!

That's what Fred is afraid of, if he let's the union come in, and IF he decides one day to sell, his chances are very low on selling the company for it's actual worth, because they are union... Owners need to see through the fog and see that having a union HELPS the company.. The union keeps the rules in tact and makes sure the members abide by the rules, if not the union can't help the member... The union manages the member and that's something the owner doesn't have to worry about.. Look at UPS, thousands of employees that show up for work every day.. You don't hear about conflict of interest from UPS management.. That's a job that they don't have to do...

Nope,You got it all wrong. Let's just for an example pretend you are going to buy a used car, the owners says the check engine light is on but it doesn't affect anything. Now would you pay full price ? of course not you would want a bargain. Same thing here. If the company is making money it won't make a hill of beans to investors if its union or not. Look at all of the large drug companies, all union do the investors shy away? no because they make money.,.

The president told the Teamsters that America needs to restore some basic values that made this country great, beginning with rewarding work instead of speculation.
“We have boots on the ground, justice in our hearts and we’re going to win in November. We’ve got your back,” Hoffa told Obama.
Replied Obama, “I’ve got yours. I could not be prouder to have your endorsement.”

Freight is only 13% of FedEx . If this thing went nation wide why wouldn't they just sell the freight segment and walk away ? We could all be starting over again. I make good money for what I do. Do I want more? Yes. Am I willing to give up my 75000 dollar a year job? NO! As drivers we all make good money don't put our jobs at risk because of greed. Look at other jobs out there and if your honest with yourself you will see we have it pretty good.:wink:

They WILL NOT SELL.

Even when "the union" is able to secure a significant increase in compensation, for the drivers, Freight will still be a cash cow. Even if driver compensation were to go up 20%, Freight would still be among the lower compensated as a percent of revenue when compared to other carriers. Remember, we're only talking about the drivers here, not the rest of the company.

After further consideration, The MUCH more likely scenario? FedEx WILL at some point, buy a Truckload carrier. This will complete the "bundle" of services offered. But here's the bonus for the bottom line... Purchase transportation will be reduced except for rail. They will then be able to put more freight on, not just T/L trailers, but FedEx T/L trailers. Those drivers will be paid (slightly less than) standard T/L driver rates, and further reduce the "salaries and benefits" portion of the budget. Plus they will have in house truckload drivers, making a lot less than the LTL road guys. They will then have the very lowest cost option AND another service to sell. Would anyone like to bet that won't happen, with, or without, the Union? I think it will, just a matter of time.

Freight is only 13% of FedEx . If this thing went nation wide why wouldn't they just sell the freight segment and walk away ? We could all be starting over again. I make good money for what I do. Do I want more? Yes. Am I willing to give up my 75000 dollar a year job? NO! As drivers we all make good money don't put our jobs at risk because of greed. Look at other jobs out there and if your honest with yourself you will see we have it pretty good.:wink:

WOW! NO COMMENT... Except you might be over paid...

You willing to gamble your job on that ? I am not. This Friday my vote will be no.

It is your right to vote no and you most likely won't have to join if it passes. I advise you to look at your pension through the fedex web site before you vote and determine how that figures into your retirement. As an example if I were to retire at 55 in 2021 I will have under $40,000 based on the current plan. Not bad for 22 years of service, $200 a month for the rest of my life.

Just remember "Why would the company fight so hard against the union if you stand to loose pay or benefits by voting it in?" The company knows your benefits will not go down or stay the same like they warn but that the union will return a contract of improved benefits. If this is not done then the contracts will not be voted in and the union will not collect any dues.

$75.000 a year !!!! **** I need a raise or move to where your at ... wait I'll lose my seniority :wink:

I couldn't help but notice that the annual report shows for 2014/2013 that Freight & Ground were the only parts that made money? Express and other (FedEx Office, etc) lost money. Yea go ahead and pinch off that main artery and sell freight the freight side.

If they tie it up in court(which the will not because it would hurt the image) nobody will buy it. If you get a contract then they sell the new owners have to honor that contract. So it do' snot matter if they sell.