Yellow | 14 People On Master Lay-Off List at 211 and 218 Being Recalled! 1st Time in 14 Mos.!

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
I heard yesterday that 19 people were being recalled to work at 211-Akron! 5 will come from the remainder of dock/yard/city people still laid off from 211-Akron, and the other 14 will come from the "master lay-off list" (People laid off who couldn't hold a bid at either 211=Akron or 218-Cleveland when they closed 257-Richfield and made 218-Cleveland an end-of-the line in Jan. of 2010)!. This is the first time ANY of the people on the "master lay-off list" have been called back since the change of ops that became effective on Jan. 10, 2010!

Some of the top people on the "master lay-off list" (which is around 175 people), have as much as 1997 seniority, so they will bump some of the junior people at 211 who have had bids and have been working for some time. Some people on the "master lay-off list" have other jobs by now and will have a big decision to make if they want to come back and remain on the seniority list. Some may come back and then take a leave of absence under the MOU...at least until June 1, 2011. I heard some guys are working at ABF and aren't happy about coming back right now to YRC and not getting their pension contributions, and possibly may have to face a subsequent layff at 211-Akron. Once they are recalled to 211-Akron, they can't work at Cleveland-218 too, like they could on the "master lay-off list"! A lot of big decisions ahead for many of these people! It looks like freight levels have increased somewhat! Let's hope the trend continues!:clap:

Isn't this the trend they do, try to make people think things are getting busy right before the next vote/giveback. Then layoff even more then before after the yes vote.

I heard yesterday that 19 people were being recalled to work at 211-Akron! 5 will come from the remainder of dock/yard/city people still laid off from 211-Akron, and the other 14 will come from the "master lay-off list" (People laid off who couldn't hold a bid at either 211=Akron or 218-Cleveland when they closed 257-Richfield and made 218-Cleveland an end-of-the line in Jan. of 2010)!. This is the first time ANY of the people on the "master lay-off list" have been called back since the change of ops that became effective on Jan. 10, 2010!

Some of the top people on the "master lay-off list" (which is around 175 people), have as much as 1997 seniority, so they will bump some of the junior people at 211 who have had bids and have been working for some time. Some people on the "master lay-off list" have other jobs by now and will have a big decision to make if they want to come back and remain on the seniority list. Some may come back and then take a leave of absence under the MOU...at least until June 1, 2011. I heard some guys are working at ABF and aren't happy about coming back right now to YRC and not getting their pension contributions, and possibly may have to face a subsequent layff at 211-Akron. Once they are recalled to 211-Akron, they can't work at Cleveland-218 too, like they could on the "master lay-off list"! A lot of big decisions ahead for many of these people! It looks like freight levels have increased somewhat! Let's hope the trend continues!:clap:

this must be local cartage/because they have calling guys off the road list since last spring

If I was on at ABF I would not come back..........You may be low on seniority but at least your pension is being paid in.......
Yea, what he said. Why would you even have to think about it? That's like "what would you prefer, blueberry pie or a sharp stick in the eye".